Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Balance issues is the only problem, as alliance I made the entire pvp set in a matter of hours. While on my horde I keep losing time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post

The gap is a LOT smaller (0.1% per ilvl increase iirc), so it really isn't going to be that big of a deal.
    I see you fell for blizzard's bs on gear. The difference is that there's no difference lol. The difference in the worst gear and the best gear is 100% the same as live the ilvl gap is a 100ilvl. The real difference is on live anyone can get the best gear given enough time in legion only the top will.

Deleted
    I'm having so much fun in pvp since the patch. I can play bgs with any of my undergeared alts and still wreck people, and marks are account bound so It doesn't matter which one I use. Since the patch I've won like 80% of the bgs as a horde player, people fight much harder to win, and I can easily buy transmogs or equip my alters for future legion leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    You either strive to improve yourself and win, or fuck off. Running around aimlessly with a thumb up your ass and still receiving enough to get by isn't how anything ever should be. Besides, the marks are for transmog and you still get some sort of box with gear if you lose. (Referring to at 100, don't know about 110.)

RNG shitboxes for gear suck though.
    So it's 1v1 BGs now? Aha, I haven't pvp'ed after patch.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That's the one thing I really don't understand because the entire point of the new PVP system, I was lead to believe up until they explained that gearing thing, was to make it so no one had an advantage in PVP anymore because of gear.

But instead, there's gear earning advantages and ilvl advantages still. What the hell is even the point?

I mean, I guess it's MUCH lessened, gear wise, which is still good, but it does sure as hell seem defeatist. Like they just weren't willing to totally let go of the system out of gear of either angering some people, or getting rid of one of their skinner boxes.
    The gear advantage is really, really minor - 100 ilvl difference is 10% difference in power. The only time you'll probably see a 100 ilvl difference is when a totally fresh player takes on a fully geared player - that's still 10% lvl difference, he will get mauled no matter what and stats won't really matter here.

10% difference still allows for skill-based competition and yet gives people something to look for, the sense of progression and getting stronger. Simply put - people need to get better gear, that's an enticement.

Deleted
    The WoW forums are filled with whining kids and really really angry people. If your using the WoW forums to judge anything, then your doing it wrong.
    I'm fairly certain both WoW and MMO forums are poor judges of anything sensible.

In additional defense of this system, the participation rate in unrated BGs was probably already really horrific. There was almost no reason to do them in Warlords. I know I did very few myself. Ashran rewards just blew the BGs out of the water.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    There is nothing wrong with the marks themselves, they system just needs adjusted. I'd like to see it go back to the old 3 marks for a win, with 1 mark for a loss, that way your time isn't being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the marks themselves, they system just needs adjusted. I'd like to see it go back to the old 3 marks for a win, with 1 mark for a loss, that way your time isn't being wasted.
    It should have been, and should still be, 1 mark per objective (ie 1 mark per flag cap, 1 mark per 600 resources etc). That way you get a decent reward if the match was close but you still lost.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I see you fell for blizzard's bs on gear. The difference is that there's no difference lol. The difference in the worst gear and the best gear is 100% the same as live the ilvl gap is a 100ilvl. The real difference is on live anyone can get the best gear given enough time in legion only the top will.
    I think you're wearing your tinfoil hat and "I HATE BLIZZARD" glasses a little too tight there, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    I think you're wearing your tinfoil hat and "I HATE BLIZZARD" glasses a little too tight there, mate.
    Tinfoil hat? I only stated facts not theories...

What I said has nothing to do with like or dislike of blizzard it's just the reality of the situation.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-27 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Losing should not award anything. Did you ever get loot because you wiped 100 times at the same boss? Same here. Try to win or just stay where you are.

I am extremely happy that since this system was implemented I have yet to see the random prick who says "lose fast and go to next game". There is no next game. There is THIS game and you have to win it.

GG system.
    most guilds could down at least 1 boss, if not 3/4 of the raid. so yea, you'd get gear. also, you could run heroics to get badges to spend on gear upgrades. and really, bg's are to instances what arena's are to raids. so yes, you should get a currency for HK's and for losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiply prices of everything by 10, give one mark for losing, 10 marks for winning.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In additional defense of this system, the participation rate in unrated BGs was probably already really horrific. There was almost no reason to do them in Warlords. I know I did very few myself. Ashran rewards just blew the BGs out of the water.
    The problem is that the Mark of Honor rate is better doing Ashran than BG's as most BG's take up so much time. In that same amount of time you can reach 200 kills and receive a mark of honor and the quest resets where you can do the 200 kills again and again. Only winning a lot of arena games is superior than Ashran or random BGs farming for Marks of Honor at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I have to agree.

To me it seems they think that prestige will fill the gap at level 110 but they are sorely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Really? I always had a surplus of AV tokens. It was AB that was a nightmare ... at least for myself at any rate.
    Funny how everyone had that one BG.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Why did you think anyone in the world needed to be exposed to the cancer that is your signature?
    Because we needed an awesome shitpost irrelevant to the thread to be posted. Why else?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP will keep getting worse and worse until they fire Holinka.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    You do realize that without reward of some kind people won't do that activity? Raiding is different because you can always go farm the lower tier bosses until you can gear up enough to beat the next roadblock.
    PVE is fundamentally different period. PVE bosses, with very few exceptions often patched out, do the exact same things at the exact same points. Losing ten times may not be a lot of fun, but everybody makes progress by learning what happens when and how to react to it, and making that essentially muscle memory. Further, PVE is typically an organized group behavior very often requiring voice chat for coordination purposes. When the requirements for organization and communication are removed, what happens? We get LFR -- where there are no mechanics and you basically can't lose. Because Blizzard has already acknowledged that lacking those things means you won't succeed most of the time.

If this were organized PVP (arenas, rated BGs) I could understand the comparison, but it's the PVP equivalent of LFR. People trying to equate the two are just grasping at straws for justification to insult people with whom they disagree. (It took literally 1 reply for a "get good scrub" and only eight more for "improve or fuck off.")

I know a few of my friends have started doing /afk and taking the debuff rather than stay in a game they are gonna lose and not get anything from.
    Indeed. As Blizzard has acknowledged over and over in different circumstances, the reward structure surrounding an activity matters. When it's basically a coin flip whether or not masturbating for 20 minutes would provide equal in-game rewards to playing a BG, my interest in queueing at all drops and certainly my interest in staying in losing games approaches zero. And sadly, I'm not even talking about a coin-flip's chance of whether or not you win or lose; most of the time the "coin flip" is whether you're the stomper or the stompee. I'd say 70% of my games are absolute crushes in one direction or the other and only 30% are truly competitive.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    sorry but if Blizz went to cosmetic only pvp rewards it's the pvp community that would be screaming "it's not fair" they don't get gear because then it wouldn't be fair when they got rofl-stomped by someone in raid gear in world pvp
    Yeah but uhh...no. It's entertaining though how people will invent any BS or excuse to cover for the intentional fuck ups of Blizz.

World PvP'ing is a fraction PvP'ers or PvE'ers, and PvP'ers are a small percentage of the player base in general. PvP has had cosmetic, title, and mount rewards for years without it causing much of a problem. Suddenly to start this crap with better gear for higher ranked players has nothing to do with world PvP and everything to do with creating an unneeded artificial barrier as yet another grind mechanic.

It's another way to keep people subbed longer instead of putting the effort into new content like more BGs and arenas, new acheives, titles, etc. IOW, do everything as cheaply as you can while maximizing profit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillgaroo View Post
    Hey guys, I need to vent a bit.

As it is now, the new Mark of Honor systen is completely inbalanced, in my humble opinion.

Right now, you can grind for hours on end, without making any sort of progress.

With the old system, sure you wouldn't get as much honor when you lost, but you'd get SOME.
    This made you feel like you at least progressed a little bit.

Now with the new system, you can quite literally do hours and hours of BG's, but unless you win, you make NO progress whatsoever.
    Maybe there's a small chance to get a Mark of Honor from a loss, but if there is one: It is SUPER low.

Now I'm not hating or anything, I just feel like the new system kinda blows when you aren't constantly on the winning team

/rant over

Edit: To maybe add some constructive criticism, what about adding an item like "Emblem of Honor" which with 5, maybe even 10 combined gives you a single Mark of Honor?
    im gonna have to agree with you we should get marks of honor even in a loss not as many as a win though but something because we can't prevent the rng from giving us premade groups.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    i miss being able to fully honor gear my alt in ashran after 2hours