Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    People do have a right to travel and roads would still be there regardless of driving licences.
    The point is if you're using things that come from society and are made by society, you shouldn't then claim to not recognize its authority. If you refuse to pay taxes you shouldn't bebefit from other people who do.

This is a serious discussion to some, not just absolute hilarity? Yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    How to get your ass beat by the law video.

People do have a right to travel and roads would still be there regardless of driving licences.
    Roads that are built by society for society, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's hilarious, seeing people try to logic themselves out of not having to follow the laws.

I was particularly amused by the chick who says that she's granted all the rights and privileges of being a US citizen but isn't required to follow the laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You crawl out of a woman's butt, and there are these monkeys telling you you've to follow their backwards corrupt insidious laws.

Only if you can make me monkeys, only if you can make me...
    The "monkeys" are more than capable of making you. And they're imbued with authority by the people via our elected leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This is by far the most entertaining one:

Wow, that police officer has the patience of Job. Excellent professionalism there.

"I told you I'm a free inhabitant and I don't consent to you arresting me."

"Aw, that's cute. Tell it to a judge."

Seriously, I hope this is a life lesson for her that, yes, police DO indeed have authority over her.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    We got a handful of them in Germany also.

Except we call them Reichburgers. Since they believe any Government that is not run by the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei is not a legitimate Government.
    Last edited by mmocaa0d295f44; 2016-07-27 at 07:13 PM.

It would be nice if a stateless society could exist somewhere, the problem with these people is you cannot claim autonomy from the State while living within the state.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think this is a problem created by a lack of any unclaimed land for them to move to and do as they please with.
    I mean, federal government occupying land is another topic entirely, but I can see that point.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It would be nice if a stateless society could exist somewhere, the problem with these people is you cannot claim autonomy from the State while living within the state.
    People could probably go down to Somalia and set up their own bucolic agrarian compound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    You could take that logic and apply it to literally every technological advancement we've had since 40,000 B.C.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to corporations. They don't seem to have any issues avoiding paying taxes and being handed billions or millions of dollars in tax payer money to 'support' their 'investments and initiatives'.
    This really is the kicker here. If huge corporations can bail themselves out of any jail time and keep their investments and initiatives despite breaking the law (and ruining the livelihood of millions of Americans, so hardly "victimless"), then it leads to the dangerous idea that if laws do not apply to the elite, why should they apply to everyone else?

And then we have anarchy.

The Sovereign Citizen ideal is one with strong sentimental attachments, spotty to reasonable philosophical ones and especially in todays' age next to no legal ones. The American political and legal infrastructure would have to be shattered for it to actually apply in todays' world.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But they made most of those videos themselves.
    I don't think they made compilation videos for the purpose of these type of silly threads unless you saying they're some kind of shills to make people look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The point is if you're using things that come from society and are made by society, you shouldn't then claim to not recognize its authority. If you refuse to pay taxes you shouldn't bebefit from other people who do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    What does that even mean? Driving licences are society, all our taxes are spent on roads,what?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    People could probably go down to Somalia and set up their own bucolic agrarian compound.
    and the people opposing them can go to north korea.
    Last edited by mmoc7ab228a6a0; 2016-07-27 at 07:52 PM.

Personally while I think these people are pretty much the whole fruitcake with added nuts, I do think that in several of the incidents in that video the response to them was a little over the top.

1st, I have to agree with the woman saying about the dark glasses. I do not agree that the job of the police is to intimidate, and many people find not being able to see the eyes of the person talking to them is intimidating. I am not saying that they should not be allowed to wear glasses - but unless they INTEND to intimidate they should be willing to take them off if the person explains they find them intimidating. I realise that many people (mainly Americans I suspect) will find my view on this stupid - but there it is.

2nd, I think that on at least one of the incidents the officer was far too quick to bring out a tazer - a device known to potentially cause cardiac arrest - on persons that were not acting violent (although they were acting stupid).

3rd, On at least one occasion, the police officer was very hostile in a case where the person in the car was actually cooperating. They may have been telling the officer that what he was doing was unconstitutional but screaming at the person because they are complaining about what it happening paints the police in a bad light.

So.... stupid people, but not surprisingly also some behaviour from the "boys in blue" that is not "awesome" imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the people opposing them can go to north korea.
    The difference being that by claiming that the Police and US Government have no authority over them, they are inherently taking an extreme position, so Somalia kind of makes sense.

The opposition's position isn't necessarily one of totalitarian police state. It's just one where people are subject to the laws of the nations they live in and the police have the authority to enact those laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sovereign citizens are just anarchists without the balls to fight for their ideals.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It's definitely amusing how they seem to think they should get all the rights of being a citizen without any of the downsides. That's not how the world works. Shame they have to learn it the hard way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's definitely amusing how they seem to think they should get all the rights of being a citizen without any of the downsides. That's not how the world works. Shame they have to learn it the hard way.
    It's also amusing that they don't seem to think the police will dare to enforce their authority over them or whatever. They'll certainly learn quickly that the police don't give a fuck whether or not you consent to getting arrested, and the judge will happily toss you in jail, where people will certainly not respect your "free inhabitant" status.

Kinda gotta wonder if maybe these people were never ever disciplined by their parents growing up, and their whole experience with authority were with teachers who couldn't legally manhandle them.

You crawl out of a woman's butt, and there are these monkeys telling you you've to follow their backwards corrupt insidious laws.

Only if you can make me monkeys, only if you can make me...
    By all means, protest corrupt, insidious laws, but "you were going 50 in a 40 mile/hr zone" is not one of them, and "while a police officer has pulled you over" isn't the best place for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You could take that logic and apply it to literally every technological advancement we've had since 40,000 B.C.
    At least for services that are funded by taxes.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance