Wild power-shifting appears?

just tested my powershift macro today after maintenance and it seems to be working again. (yippii!)

cant find any blueposts whats so ever for confirmation.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right.

TELL NO ONE.

Great, so Ferals are back to being unstoppable, making the arms race of melee vs ranged mobility skyrocket once more. Might as well bring Burst of Speed back and give all ranged the likes of Frozen arrow. Because having that type of gameplay is so much fun!

E: Just logged in to check, confirmed. Reported as bug, because fuck having that playstyle again. It was awful being basically forced into Burst of Speed just to be energy starved once we got to a target.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-27 at 04:28 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Great, so Ferals are back to being unstoppable, making the arms race of melee vs ranged mobility skyrocket once more. Might as well bring Burst of Speed back and give all ranged the likes of Frozen arrow. Because having that type of gameplay is so much fun!

E: Just logged in to check, confirmed. Reported as bug, because fuck having that playstyle again. It was awful being basically forced into Burst of Speed just to be energy starved once we got to a target.
    No point getting angry over it, it's clearly a bug that came about from the last hotfix. Will be fixed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work for me. I'm still getting the 1 sec CD after canceling a shapeshift. Or am I doing it wrong (resto spec if that matters). I can still shapeshift and cancel it right away though, but that never went away with this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    No point getting angry over it, it's clearly a bug that came about from the last hotfix. Will be fixed soon.
    Not angry, more annoyed that people can even consider bringing this back a good thing. This type of thing just hurts the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Doesn't work for me. I'm still getting the 1 sec CD after canceling a shapeshift. Or am I doing it wrong (resto spec if that matters). I can still shapeshift and cancel it right away though, but that never went away with this patch.
    It seems to give you a 1sec cooldown when you cancel it manually, but if you use a "power shift" macro it still works just as it used to, i.e. instantly putting you back into the form with one button press for the cost of a single GCD. The same GCD as the one it took you out of. Difference with the macro is that it's putting you back into the form in that same GCD, whereas it isn't working manually for some reason.

The macro ~
    Code:
    /cast [stance:1] !Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Travel Form
    /cast [stance:5] !Moonkin Form 
    /cast [stance:5/6] !Swift Flight Form
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-27 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not angry, more annoyed that people can even consider bringing this back a good thing. This type of thing just hurts the game overall.

It seems to give you a 1sec cooldown when you cancel it manually, but if you use a "power shift" macro it still works just as it used to, i.e. instantly putting you back into the form with one button press. The same GCD as the one it took you out of.

The macro ~
    Code:
    /cast [stance:1] !Bear Form
    /cast [stance:2] !Cat Form
    /cast [stance:3] !Travel Form
    /cast [stance:5] !Moonkin Form 
    /cast [stance:5/6] !Swift Flight Form
    Well then, that works marvelously. Thanks. But I do have a bad feeling that it's just a bug. Here's to hoping that it is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Well then, that works marvelously. Thanks. But I do have a bad feeling that it's just a bug. Here's to hoping that it is intended.
    Really hope it isn't intended. Like I said in my first comment, it creates a bigger divide in the "arms race" that is mobility. Feral has an insane advantage over ranged being able to break every root and slow. That means ranged need even more mobility, and then the other melee need more to keep up. Just removing this type of thing makes it so much easier for everyone.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-27 at 08:36 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely a bug. It happened when the last hotfix came out, which fixed prowl/dash not being able to be used from other forms.

Happy until the fix-nerf is incoming.

Happy frost mage hunting again!

Just did some testings:

- Only Bear/Bear and Cat/Cat is working! (good for bear/cat pvp)
    - Travelform/Travelform does not! (bad for moonkin/resto pvp)
    Last edited by Thaledwyn; 2016-07-29 at 03:02 PM.