Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dinosaurs are a lie sent by Lucifer to corrupt the minds of children into godlessness!

I'm not even kidding, I heard that while growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Because it's very, very, very rare to find an entire skeleton of anything.
    I know, that's why we haven't found one.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yes they existed but as far as I am aware we have never pieced a full dinosaur skeleton together, the ones in museums are not all bone.
    Fossils aren't bone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    they existed... *sigh* its been proven so many times by now it exhausts me on the level of flat-earth people.
    I 100% believe they existed. But "religion" always comes into play, give it a google search, you'll see what I mean.

I grew up in a Christian family and went to church for most of my childhood, and I never once heard anyone deny dinosaurs were a real thing. I can't recall anyone during my entire lifetime say they weren't a real thing actually.

Yes they existed but as far as I am aware we have never pieced a full dinosaur skeleton together, the ones in museums are not all bone.
    I guess inprint of bones then. Anyway sue is almost complete on discovery, only missing some of the smaller bones. She was discovered on what would be a shore, so some of them might have been washed off by tide. The most preserved T-Rex.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-27 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I used to go to Church when I was a child, And that question gets passed around a loooooooooooooot, and I've seen many vicars/priests/nuns and a Bishop give their stance on it, And they all say "Well obviously they did" I've never seen/heard a religious person deny them existing personally.
    i don't think it's catholics that bring it into question, it's usually the backwoods pentecostal folks and islamic people in the middle east. hell, the catholics even came out in saying that aliens could exist. pop francis talks about maybe the big bang being the genesis event(which is something i've considered possible for a very long time now).

but yes, they existed. the problem is that we don't entirely know what whole dinosaurs looked like, because complete skeletons are incredibly rare. some were patched together from different animals, and that created things like the brachiosaurus, and some were misidentified as a separated but related species, when it was actually just a younger member of the same species like the triceratops.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I didn't even know that this was something religious people argued about.

Yes dinosaurs existed and to the person saying a complete skeleton has never been found is completely false. There have been several complete skeletons of dinosaurs found. There is one currently displayed in Boston science museum of a full Triceratops skeleton (bone not replica).
    religious people argue if the earth is flat and is only 2000-3000 years old. nothing surprises me anymore to what they will argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I grew up in a Christian family and went to church for most of my childhood, and I never once heard anyone deny dinosaurs were a real thing. I can't recall anyone during my entire lifetime say they weren't a real thing actually.
    Go ahead and do a Google search of "Did Dinosaurs exist" You'll find links, on the first page even! To Christianity, Muslim etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Thats mostly because it takes perfect circumstances for bones to last this long. We have a couple almost fully ones. For example the most full T rex is Sue.
    Again not bones... fossils. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    I used to go to Church when I was a child, And that question gets passed around a loooooooooooooot, and I've seen many vicars/priests/nuns and a Bishop give their stance on it, And they all say "Well obviously they did" I've never seen/heard a religious person deny them existing personally.
    You should've met my grandmother. We weren't allowed to play with plastic dinosaurs or watch Land before time because it would "put ideas in our heads"...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Fossils aren't bone at all.
    Sigh...you got me, it's all over.

The fossil has the same shape as the original object, but is chemically more like a rock! Some of the original hydroxy-apatite (a major bone consitiuent) remains, although it is saturated with silica (rock).

15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Sativex; 2016-07-27 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    What is the point of faking dinosaurs? Faking religion has its uses; to keep people in line. However, life forms that existed millions of years ago would have no effect on us and therefore, there's no reason to fake it.

Of course there are those who say "oh well it was created by the devil to make us doubt genesis!"

Funny how it always goes back to religion.
    The point for some religions to say they didn't exist or that they existed not too long ago is that they say God created Earth like 6000 years ago, so how could dinosaurs exist millions of years ago.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do believe so, because I'm not a complete moron.

Dinosaurs are a hoax, committed by me. In my secret underground lair I created large plaster bones and deviously planted them around the world in various hidden locations. I then sold the fabricated skeletal structures for exorbitant sums of money at each of the world's most prestigious museums.

*cackles maniacally*

Fossils aren't bones, they are stone minerals deposited in the impression of the bones that have long decayed away.

With all the tinfoilhatty Trump-zealots in here, I think you'll get a 50/50 answer.
    Mother pus bucket!

Unfortunately I cannot talk about religion. Otherwise I would have so much fun in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Fossils aren't bones, they are stone mineral deposited in the impression of the bones that have long decayed away.
    I corrected myself above thank you though I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.