Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DH Starting Area - Profession Giving NPCs

Odd and total random question, does the DH starting area have profession granting NPCs? For example, the Monk only area summit that monks can go to starting at level 20 has an Inscriptionist, Leatherworker, and other NPCs that grant profession training. The professions relate to the Monk. Does the DH starting area have any such NPCs?

I'm curious to see Blizzard's view on professions and the DH. In the Monk area, we don't see an Engineer NPC, but do see the Inscriptionist. Anyone know? Thank you.

Deleted
    I've run the DH starting zone a few times and never seen any profession trainers. You do however get taken to the Capital of you're respective side (Stormwind/Orgrimmar) once finished.

Also the Summit for Monks was more of a "class hall" than a starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    Odd and total random question, does the DH starting area have profession granting NPCs? For example, the Monk only area summit that monks can go to starting at level 20 has an Inscriptionist, Leatherworker, and other NPCs that grant profession training. The professions relate to the Monk. Does the DH starting area have any such NPCs?

I'm curious to see Blizzard's view on professions and the DH. In the Monk area, we don't see an Engineer NPC, but do see the Inscriptionist. Anyone know? Thank you.
    In Alpha and Beta so far you have had to wait till you go to Org/Storm to get your professions. There are no gathering nodes visible during the starting area since it is a demon world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Cinematics are encrypted and won't be readable until they are ready to make them live. No professions as it a starting zone where you are in a tight situation no time to stop and learn how to gather.

Thank you for the replies. I was thinking about DH and lore-appropriate professions. I wondered if Blizzard had implied their view through any specific trainers in the starting area. It seems the answer is no!

So you have to start at crafting level 1 in your faction city?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I always assumed this becaus it is the same with DK's. God I hope i am wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    yup you start at level 1 in professions, cooking, fishing and FA

Fantasy wise it doesn't make sense to have profession npcs in the starting zone because you are going straight into the invasion and battle. Plus your only in that initial area for half hour at most, then you are inside the wardens area for another half hour. So in total it's an hour until you get to the main city, at which point you can do whatever you want.

Mardum required only a few hours to complete, so it should not be a problem. Besides, there is no herb\ore there.

Now would be the time to start stockpiling any mats you need to level your professions as soon as DH's unlock. I plan on doing so with LW, cooking, first aid etc. I'll just have to go skin a bunch of stuff for skinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Fantasy wise it doesn't make sense to have profession npcs in the starting zone because you are going straight into the invasion and battle. Plus your only in that initial area for half hour at most, then you are inside the wardens area for another half hour. So in total it's an hour until you get to the main city, at which point you can do whatever you want.
    Cool, I don't know much about the starting zone fantasy, lore, or story line. Makes sense what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    Cool, I don't know much about the starting zone fantasy, lore, or story line. Makes sense what you are saying.
    You'll spend 45 to 90 minutes in the zone then be unable to return ever.

How about some form of mailbox?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    How about some form of mailbox?
    Same deal as with the professions. It wouldn't make sense lore wise for there to be mailboxes there because the starting area is a demon world where you are only there for a temporary mission and a prison.

Also you don't meet up with your faction until the end of the second zone. So you are technically factionless until the end, so no mailbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, just go to Warspear/Stormshield once you're out, buy the Draenor profession scrolls from vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    Eh, just go to Warspear/Stormshield once you're out, buy the Draenor profession scrolls from vendors.
    That seems like the logical path to start the profession process and begin leveling up our DHs.

You don't need to level your professions for Legion. You can start doing Legion level professions at skill level 1. Only point of leveling the professions before Legion would be if you wanted to craft and collect old recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    You don't need to level your professions for Legion. You can start doing Legion level professions at skill level 1. Only point of leveling the professions before Legion would be if you wanted to craft and collect old recipes.
    My rational mind agrees with you however my OCD says NO NO NO NO NO NEVAH YOU GOTTA BE MAXED PROFS (fishing and archy can burn in hell so not relevant).
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT