Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Collector's Edition + first day play

Until recent I'd never bought a gaming-related Collector's Edition anything, but for whatever reason I got the OW Collector's Edition, and, OMG, that was cool!

So now I am a Blizzard Collector's Edition believer.

I am gathering, though, that in order to play on release day, you need a digital version TOO, because (at least in my case), a physical CE is not going to arrive via FedEx/UPS on release day.

I don't necessarily mind paying an extra $60 or whatever just to get the CE and play on Day 0 but ... eh ... it is 3 pretty nice pizzas we're talking about.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Order the physical ce, then order the digital regular version. When you get your physical ce contact Blizzard and tell them and they should credit you in game time for buying the regular copy.

That's what they did for me when I bought the physical Overwatch CE and a digital copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Order the physical ce, then order the digital regular version. When you get your physical ce contact Blizzard and tell them and they should credit you in game time for buying the regular copy.

That's what they did for me when I bought the physical Overwatch CE and a digital copy.
    The blue post they put out when the CE went on sale says they will unlock one of the codes so you can give it to a friend rather than give you game time. Which is pretty lame.

If it weren't for the pre order of the digital version giving you early access to demon hunters I wouldnt even care in the slightest. I can go with an extra mount/pet for a few months before launch. Having to wait longer to make a demon hunter is something else though. I guess waiting won't be that bad, won't have to worry about the mass rush of everyone else starting demonhunters all at the same time. So I guess it has it's advantages/
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2016-07-27 at 06:59 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

After you upgrade to CE you get your old key back (or a totally new one). Just put it on ebay for ~80% of the original price and you will sell it within hours and get most of your money back.

im doign the same, Although for overwatch i got a refund and a key which was really strange...

Just as an FYI, a lot of retailers are guaranteeing delivery by Monday the 29th. I know my Best Buy preorder is showing guaranteed delivery for then. Bonus too, since it's a physical product the GCU membership let me shave 20% off.

I have every collector's edition since TBC, and every one of them (bought from Amazon) has arrived on launch day. I don't know if that's because of Prime, but it's always been advertised when I ordered them.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I have every collector's edition since TBC, and every one of them (bought from Amazon) has arrived on launch day. I don't know if that's because of Prime, but it's always been advertised when I ordered them.
    Well ... I guess I can order one and if it doesn't show up on time, buy a digital copy anyway.

Dont play on releaseday wait a day or two and most time the game gets delivered on the release date so no panic.

Usually you can buy the physical box the day of release and patch occurs in the evening.
    Im in New Zealand, i can buy it instore on 30th August before 7pm (launch time usually) and be playing for launch