Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The version for Macs is good for their users, but otherwise, yeah, I don't need nor want another chat/social media/whatever application. Steam client, GOG Galaxy, EA Origin, I only use any of those to install/run/update the games, and close them when they are not needed.

So, I'm guessing it will be that for me as well:

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I'll keep using v5 until they add addon support to new client, then I'll switch to a new one, but I'll use it this way: open -> update -> kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    So keen for the new Profession System.
    I have a concern about the ranks system, in that how is a player supposed to have any demand for them when they produce the same result for more materials.
    I would have preferred an improved crafting for higher ranks with an increase in material requirements.
    Make it so that there continues to be a demand for lower crafting ranks.
    It certainly helps to neaten it up though, rather than multiple for each.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    all the addons just need to be on Github or similar. If there was some alternative to this proprietary update tool, we could be rid of it once and for all. Curse hasn't been usuable on Linux in years, and the python and java (community made) apps seem to be sabotaged by Curse. I am nearly certain that most folks just want an automated way to keep their addons upto date ...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have a concern about the ranks system, in that how is a player supposed to have any demand for them when they produce the same result for more materials.
    I would have preferred an improved crafting for higher ranks with an increase in material requirements.
    For less materials, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I wonder what the business model for the curse client is going to be if it isn't adds anymore.
    Your information. They sell info about your gaming habits to advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You don't think being able to make, for example, two items at rank 3 for the same or less cost than one at rank 1 is a good thing?

For less materials, mate
    He meant how do people with lower rank have demand for their items, as they produce the same items for more materials.

And yeah, there won't be any. If you don't get max rank asap (as soon as the nolife grinder can get his hands on it), you will work at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    He meant how do people with lower rank have demand for their items, as they produce the same items for more materials.

And yeah, there won't be any. If you don't get max rank asap (as soon as the nolife grinder can get his hands on it), you will work at a loss.
    Ugh, I need to get some sleep.
    @ComputerNerd, sorry T_T

For less materials, mate
    That confused me too, but I think ComputerNerd was saying people wouldn't bother getting the higher ranks because it's easier to stick with the lower ranks and just spend more mats to make the same item.

EDIT: Or what Amerissis said.

I wonder what the business model for the curse client is going to be if it isn't adds anymore.
    Well, as always, if something is free, you are the product.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That doesn't solve the issue that i still get a whole lot of completely pointless functions running while i use it. If nothing else, it will slow down the startup of the app for no good reason.

The Curse Client already does more than i really need. If i had to start up this stupid app, i might as well just download everything directly again. And if Curse makes that harder, i'm just going elsewhere.
    This. So very much this. Curse for years has been the easiest way for me to get addons. I can't even find addons on the stupid site now because it looks like a giant mess. If it weren't for the client I would have already abandoned curse all together. Soon as this app is forced on me I'm done. I'm gone. I'll go to wowinterface and just direct download from there.

I don't even know how people handle updates without the client. Do you check daily? Keep a list of your addons with the current versions and make sure you have the most recent?

Link it to your facebook so they can see everything!!!!
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Curse App pushed out no, when it doesn't even support the only thing I need it for: AddOns???

There is (at this time) literally not a single thing in the app, that I need or see any use for...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2016-07-28 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    This. So very much this. Curse for years has been the easiest way for me to get addons. I can't even find addons on the stupid site now because it looks like a giant mess. If it weren't for the client I would have already abandoned curse all together. Soon as this app is forced on me I'm done. I'm gone. I'll go to wowinterface and just direct download from there.

I don't even know how people handle updates without the client. Do you check daily? Keep a list of your addons with the current versions and make sure you have the most recent?
    There are ways to script it, but curse is making that difficult, if not impossible, with web redirects and such.

Another addon archive is needed. As I said in my other post, even github would be a significant improvement. Maybe it's time to start writing to the addon devs. Though I am not sure whether curse does some sort of revenue sharing with them. I have heard that curse gets bitchy with addons that are also on wowinterface.com

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    all the addons just need to be on Github or similar.
    What I use:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/?site=+
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/latest.php

and I open up a VM running the curse client once a month, in case I missed an update.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    There are ways to script it, but curse is making that difficult, if not impossible, with web redirects and such.

Another addon archive is needed. As I said in my other post, even github would be a significant improvement. Maybe it's time to start writing to the addon devs. Though I am not sure whether curse does some sort of revenue sharing with them. I have heard that curse gets bitchy with addons that are also on wowinterface.com
    Many devs have their addons on GH\GL\BB, but what is it gonna change? Do you want users to learn git, install any kind git gui or what? O_o

As for addons on wowinterface and curse, everyone is chill, moreover we can auto-pull stuff from curse to wowi, well, if we really want to do so...
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-28 at 11:12 AM.

If it is specifically for your spec, your roll should take priority over off-spec rolls.
    Since spirit and bonus armor are removed, how you can recognize if an item is for a specific spec, beside trinkets? Am I missing something? For example if a plate armor drops, or a neck/ring, and you are a Holy Paladin, what will make that item specific to your spec?

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Since spirit and bonus armor are removed, how you can recognize if an item is for a specific spec, beside trinkets? Am I missing something? For example if a plate armor drops, or a neck/ring, and you are a Holy Paladin, what will make that item specific to your spec?
    Good question. I'm guessing secondary stats.

you had me at bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Good question. I'm guessing secondary stats.
    That would be awesome!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.