Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Running Galactic Guardian+Rend and Tear? GG in particular is a mandatory talent for any kind of affinity DPS.

Assuming you've got both of those talents, here's a combat log of a bearcat rotation. You can see what the damage breakdown looks like and compare it to yours, see if you're doing a good job with bleeds and stuff.

The rotations posted I 'm guessing are purely theoretical right? There's not gonna be an actual situation where we'll be able to use that rotation unless we are not actually tanking at all, in which case we should just play a pure dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    The rotations posted I 'm guessing are purely theoretical right? There's not gonna be an actual situation where we'll be able to use that rotation unless we are not actually tanking at all, in which case we should just play a pure dps spec.
    If one boss has tank swaps, you can use it while not actively tanking for max dps.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Brambles is deceptively powerful. It works on EVERY hit, and it both absorbs and reflects that damage. It is actually pretty potent on lots of low hitting mobs. In dungeons it actually adds up to a pretty significant portion of your damage. That said, it's not really chosen for defensive reasons... it's the best (only, really) dps option in that tier. If you don't need more survivability, you go brambles.

Frenzied regen isn't the same ability it was. Every existing tank had it's self healing gutted except DKs (because that's their thing) and DHs (because they are new). You have to think about it totally differently. If the content you are doing is trivial... FR will be trivial. It's only really strong when you're getting absolutely trucked. Also, it gets MUCH better with artifact traits, and the legendary boots if you get them. Also make sure you pick Guardian of Elune as your talent and use FR wisely. there are a few WA's to track it's heal so you know the best time to hit it.
    Thanks for the response! Much appreciated. I have been looking for decent WA's for that exact reason but I can't find anything solid. Have you got a paste bin?

Quote Originally Posted by fanghorn83 View Post
    Thanks for the response! Much appreciated. I have been looking for decent WA's for that exact reason but I can't find anything solid. Have you got a paste bin?
    Sure, this thread on these forums has one such weak aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If one boss has tank swaps, you can use it while not actively tanking for max dps.
    It works but you have to plan ahead rage wise, because on tank swap fights you should be taunting when you have a full rage bar and an IF up already and swapping forms sets you at 20 rage.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    wait, power shift is back?

EDIT: Checked it out on both Prepatch and Beta. I can't powershift man.
    No, there is no Power Shifting. Power Shifting is using a macro that shifts you out of a form and back into it so fast, you never see the caster form that is in between. Now when you shift, you have a 5 second CD before you can shift back into that same form.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, there is no Power Shifting. Power Shifting is using a macro that shifts you out of a form and back into it so fast, you never see the caster form that is in between. Now when you shift, you have a 5 second CD before you can shift back into that same form.
    As has been adressed in the posts before. It is currently possible to power shift again. You can't manually shift out and back in because of a 1.5 GCD lock. But using the powershift macro linked above it does indeed work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I've been tanking in cat form during HOTW for ages. Why stop now?

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been adressed in the posts before. It is currently possible to power shift again. You can't manually shift out and back in because of a 1.5 GCD lock. But using the powershift macro linked above it does indeed work.
    Any point to it? The original idea was that we healed a fair amount when shifting in and out of bear form due to the health pool size change, now, not so much.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Any point to it? The original idea was that we healed a fair amount when shifting in and out of bear form due to the health pool size change, now, not so much.
    It breaks Root/Snares and generates 20 rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea if there is an new macro to be able to Powershift, no matter what form one is in? The old one does not work anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if there is an new macro to be able to Powershift, no matter what form one is in? The old one does not work anymore.
    Should be able to use the form modifiers to power-shift into the form you're in.

Something like...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] !Bear Form(Shapeshift)
    /cast [form:2] !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    etc...

Edit: Tested the above and it works.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2016-07-27 at 04:19 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Should be able to use the form modifiers to power-shift into the form you're in.

Something like...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] !Bear Form(Shapeshift)
    /cast [form:2] !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    etc...

Edit: Tested the above and it works.
    Ah nm... Apparently, Blizzard reverted the changes and now old school Powershifting is back. My old macros are working again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah nm... Apparently, Blizzard reverted the changes and now old school Powershifting is back. My old macros are working again.
    I doubt it'll last... I already hear the crying about not being able to stop a Druid in PvP (though it could just be echoes from last time).

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Basically yes, but the underlying gameplay of "shift to cat for ~5s at a time when not tanking to gain damage" is something we can use. The full rotation just gives us an idea of whether we'll actually gain DPS from it, and is something to practice for that odd fight where we only tank 20% of it.

Legion changed crit immunity a bit, has been tied to guardian spec for at least WoD (I think MoP too), but is now tied to bear form. Or, more simply, we're crittable in cat form again.

(I know that was rhetorical, but still worth mentioning that we absolutely can't safely tank in cat anymore ).
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2016-07-27 at 07:43 PM.

The original purpose is in the title "power" shifting. We were doing it to generate range/energy.

Deleted
    Pulverize Vs Rend and Tear, what are peoples thoughts on this?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Pulverize Vs Rend and Tear, what are peoples thoughts on this?
    At a glance Rend and Tear seems strictly better no? Sure 6% is slightly lower than 8% but you increase dps too and don't have to stop stacks.

Deleted
    I was thinking the same thing. I find pulverize more interesting though, one more button to press at least and if you have a group of adds with Thrash ticking away on you can actually tab target and spam the shit out of Pulverize which gives lots of nice numbers, not sure if thats more deeps than spamming swipe in between thrash/Mangle/GG procs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for Rend & Tear, however it almost feels as if we are balanced around the assumption of taking that one and having three stacks going... otherwise, our threat feels low and we take too much damage compared to other tanks. Unless that's just me... but it feels like we're running at around 5-10% deficiency compared to the other tanking classes right now.

-Kujako-