Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I still don't see what the booing of a president is supposed to accomplish, considering they loved Obama.

Eh,just another reason I won't care about progressive issues. They and the Tea Party are the exact same in behavior
    hey, dont insult progressives with those sanders fanatics... those spoiled brats need to behave!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion Hillary's speech isn't going to be very exciting. Even to Hillary supporters. Might be wrong. Let's see.
    Well, supposedly they filled the seats with filler Hillary supporters, so they'll likely cheer a lot I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Well, supposedly they filled the seats with filler Hillary supporters, so they'll likely cheer a lot I'm thinking.

How do you cheer when she talks like the aliens from Mars Attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    How do you cheer when she talks like the aliens from Mars Attacks?
    They like her, idk. I don't think she's a monster, but I don't personally think she's a good/honest politician, but it's anyone's right to vote for who they want so.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have a sneaking suspicion Hillary's speech isn't going to be very exciting. Even to Hillary supporters. Might be wrong. Let's see.
    I am thinking it will resonate with some people, with devoted Democrats and the members of the professional class.

But I suspect for the people in economic distress and bad times it will come off tone deaf, that seems to be a theme with this whole shabang is to smile and praise everything as great. Admittedly its hard to run on reform when your the incumbent party.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am thinking it will resonate with some people, with devoted Democrats and the members of the professional class.

But I suspect for the people in economic distress and bad times it will come off tone deaf, that seems to be a theme with this whole shabang is to smile and praise everything as great. Admittedly its hard to run on reform when your the incumbent party.
    Well, resonate...sure. I meant that it's not going to be very...arousing, and, exhilarating, and so on. She's not really an amazing speaker. She'll put on that fake grin and just stump.

- - - Updated - - -

Granholm just showed Hillary how to give a speech.

Jennifer Granholm is doing a damn good job right now.

The Trump stuff had me legitimately laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That song quotation you're so vain was great!

And ooh, a Reagen republican! Doug Elmer I think will definitely add value.

Speaking for myself, I was, and still am, 100% behind Bernie Sanders. He fought hard in the primaries, and before the convention also fought hard to bring attention to our platform, and to insert as much of our platform into Hillary's platform. I can live with that. Supporting Hillary is NOT selling Bernie out. He bargained hard with the power he gained, got the best deal possible, and is now working to advance these issues further.

The best thing that Bernie supporters can do to advance our agenda is to make Hillary the President, and with as much a margin as possible. A Hillary close win = a bit of the Bernie agenda becomes law. A Hillary landslide means a fair amount of it becomes law.

I will be supporting Hillary 100%. President Hillary on Jan 20 would be music to my ears

7+ Year Old Account
    So we now have two major party's. A centerist Democratic/Republican party and the other a white nationalist populist party.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    So we now have two major party's. A centerist Democratic/Republican party and the other a white nationalist populist party.
    That's sure what it's looking like right now with all these Republicans.

What a master stroke on the Democrat's part. The final day, about 2 hours before Clinton speaks, they have a bunch of Republicans show up and talk about why they're voting for Clinton.

Between that, Granholm, Biden, Obama, Warren, Sanders, Michelle, ect. I am a bit biased as I am not a conservative, but holy fuck having watched all 4 days of both conventions, the DNC is killing the RNC.

I think the ONLY way it isn't a total blowout for the Democrats is if Clinton just absolutely whiffs her speech. And I really doubt that's going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing that Bernie supporters can do to advance our agenda is to make Hillary the President, and with as much a margin as possible. A Hillary close win = a bit of the Bernie agenda becomes law. A Hillary landslide means a fair amount of it becomes law.
    Exactly. So much of what they wanted was put into the Democratic Party Platform. How do these children not realize this.

Also this Sheriff did a fantastic job.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-29 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed that moment of silence was mostly obeyed.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's sure what it's looking like right now with all these Republicans.

What a master stroke on the Democrat's part. The final day, about 2 hours before Clinton speaks, they have a bunch of Republicans show up and talk about why they're voting for Clinton.

Between that, Granholm, Biden, Obama, Warren, Sanders, Michelle, ect. I am a bit biased as I am not a conservative, but holy fuck having watched all 4 days of both conventions, the DNC is killing the RNC.

I think the ONLY way it isn't a total blowout for the Democrats is if Clinton just absolutely whiffs her speech. And I really doubt that's going to happen.
    i think the dems, in a stark contrast from the republicans, actually planned what would go in which days
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Speaking for myself, I was, and still am, 100% behind Bernie Sanders. He fought hard in the primaries, and before the convention also fought hard to bring attention to our platform, and to insert as much of our platform into Hillary's platform. I can live with that. Supporting Hillary is NOT selling Bernie out. He bargained hard with the power he gained, got the best deal possible, and is now working to advance these issues further.

I will be supporting Hillary 100%. President Hillary on Jan 20 would be music to my ears
    He got a lot more than I thought he would get. A lot of her positions were far more popular with the general public so any positions that she adopted would have cost her at least some votes in the center.

Im pretty sure the California delegation has been purged and all their credentials have been revoked (they have been the ones doing all the Heckling)

Deleted
    The white noise machines would take care of any noise being made. Apparently though Sanders delegates have been partially blocked from the event anyway, and replaced with paid for seat warmers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Im pretty sure the California delegation has been purged and all their credentials have been revoked (they have been the ones doing all the Heckling)
    Yeah I don't have any fucks to give if thats the case.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as of yesterday, between Trump's greatest and most bizarre faux pas yet and Biden's, Bloomberg's, and Obama's speeches I think a lot of Republicans are waking up today looking at what a functional national political party looks like.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Its almost like when you act like a spoiled cunt you get your privileges taken away.

Good. I hope all those delegates are removed from the party entirely and they pick new ones.

Be butthurt, but being an asshole the entirety conference is deserving of removal.

It's protesting. How would they protest while being respectful?
    Ok, so you agree they are being disrespectful.

Do you know who they have been protesting? What some of those people have gone through in the past? Cummings, for example. What about the people who's votes got them the places there? They clearly aren't reflective of all of the Bernie supporters or even the majority. Protesting outside is fine because you aren't trampling on the people who got you there (including Bernie). You drive there and protest. These are delegates who represent people and they are abusing that representation.