Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

CDs should reset when duel starts

It would be cool imo

10+ Year Old Account
    But what would then be my excuse then when I lose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    But what would then be my excuse then when I lose?
    There are so many more to choose from!

> My cat walked on my keyboard
    > My computer and/or internet messed up
    > I wasn't ready despite the countdown timer
    > LOL I wasn't even TRYING anyways its just a stupid duel!

Yeah, that wouldn't be exploitable at all.

Deleted
    If I return to WoW I want to duel with my best friend on top of the Zul Gurub wall.

I'll need a /forfeit macro as well in case one of those Horde scumbags decide to jump us.

It's just a part of the game DUDE. Timers suck MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yeah, that wouldn't be exploitable at all.
    Just curious on how this would be exploited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallebarry View Post

Very easily. Want maximum uptime in PvE? Pop cooldowns, duel, friend/opponent leaves or forfeits, repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Very easily. Want maximum uptime in PvE? Pop cooldowns, duel, friend/opponent leaves or forfeits, repeat.
    Who cares about open world PVE? Since you cant dual in raid this wont do anything to competetive PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    What do you do in PvE that constantly requires you to have all cooldowns...

As long as there is another person around to duel with, all cooldowns are constantly useable.

Also I could imagine it could be exploited similar to how the old set bonuses were exploited, which lead to their deactivation.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    As long as there is another person around to duel with, all cooldowns are constantly useable.

Also I could imagine it could be exploited similar to how the old set bonuses were exploited, which lead to their deactivation.
    CD's always being up for duel? Sounds like a good thing to me.

Yeah, but that's completely unrelated and makes no sense. There's nothing that can be abused by having your CD's be reset. Especially since killing/dying to a raid boss already does that...

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its fine as is. there should be a penalty for using something that makes you powerfuller.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have special duelling areas where this rule applies, though. Like maybe simply just the area outside the main capitals. Not saying it's needed but I do think it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    inb4 "duel accounts" just outside raids
    Raid bosses already reset your cooldowns over 2 minutes. So what's the point?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raid bosses already reset your cooldowns over 2 minutes. So what's the point?
    Just because you can't think of any scenario right now doesn't mean that one of the 5M imaginitive people playing this game won't come up with a multitude.

Here's one: Brawler's guild. Having all your CDs up for an attempt makes a big difference. The 10 min CD on Bloodlust/TW/Heroism means that it wasn't something that most players could just rely on to cheese every fight.

CDs should reset when duel starts

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Just because you can't think of any scenario right now doesn't mean that one of the 5M imaginitive people playing this game won't come up with a multitude.

Here's one: Brawler's guild. Having all your CDs up for an attempt makes a big difference. The 10 min CD on Bloodlust/TW/Heroism means that it wasn't something that most players could just rely on to cheese every fight.
    Except the Brawler's guild is a non-competitive, solo rewarding activity. Being able to have your CD's up for every fight would affect nothing realistically.

Just like being able to have your CD's for every duel. It's just play. You already have your CD's reset in arena, raid bosses, etc. There's no way to be able to abuse it with duels than there would be already in game.

Have you seen people duel outside? They constantly skirmish to instant reset CD for duels. Might as well just put the reset in the actual duel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Sure, I'd be all for being able to do Brawlers guild faster. I don't see the problem in that. I actually see the opposite of a problem

Bad idea. They are cds for a reason. People would just be dueling each other constantly while doing world quests and even leveling. Can you really see so little past your initial idea that this doesn't immediately seem like a bad addition?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Bad idea. They are cds for a reason. People would just be dueling each other constantly while doing world quests and. Can you really see so little past your initial idea that this doesn't immediately seem like a bad addition?
    Why would you ever need cooldowns for a world quest. Most of them are horribly easy already. There's actually a good amount where all you have to do is talk to an npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    It would be cool imo
    Hmmm, have to say no, sounds like a cheese mechanic, may as well have no CDs in non instanced pve in that case.

a slight alteration though: CDs used during duels reset at the end, this is slightly different, but fills the same function, only you cant abuse it in non instanced PvE, regardless if players think it matters or not