Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Fuck Windows 10 and their stupid piece of shit upgrade notification crap that couldn't be removed without running some other piece of crap "Window 10 notification crap remover". Those fucking idiots have no shame...
    I agree and sadly the only way to disable it is stop the service and hide the update on 8.1/7 apparently. It shouldn't be intrusive I agree on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It doesn't need to happen all the time, once is enough.
    Of course once is enough. I just meant using Chrome isn't that bad except it being a huge ass RAM hog. I mean better than using IE or Edge at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    you dnt have to be looking at dodgy shit to want to protect yourself, anyone can use google to get your personal information you have online like from your facebook,twitter and any other site you put personal info on, the only sites that wont release your personal info are banks,utility services etc shopping and your ISP as those details are kept within those comapnies and that info can only be obtained by the police for legal reasons, if you name is john smith and your profile and info is on facebook all someone has to do is google it and they can get all your info.luckily for me i dnt use anything google and i have lots of addons that block trackers and i dnt use social media
    so what you are saying is, if i put info online, other people can find it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    so what you are saying is, if i put info online, other people can find it?
    Curse you M$!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    And when Windows 7 was a relevant OS you would see just as many posts about people having issues with their PC.
    So those fuckers have done ZERO progress in Windows usability in 4 years

Imagine that with a car. The old Toyota sucked just as much as the new Toyota, you just don't want to remember. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, it does not, stop spreading lies. Win10 eats way more system resources than win8.

Back this claim up with some facts show us where the unbiased tests proves your claim, so far all tests out there proves the opposite of your claim and when you have your claim like it is, we would really like to see where those data comes from if it is true as you say. It should be easy to supply the information about how the tests where done so we can reproduce it in a science way of dealing with things.

until we see that information backing up your claim that right now is going against all data we have on this issue it is either a shocking new discovery or an anti microsoft bashing claim without substance.

Use a pirated version of Windows 7. So Windows 10 isn't free for me.

......Or is it....

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Use a pirated version of Windows 7. So Windows 10 isn't free for me.

......Or is it....
    MS is letting those with pirated versions of 7 and 8 get the free upgrade to 10. So, yes, it is free if you want it.

dont do it...

its a trap and a horrible os...

if you are in any business sector, and your company is planning on doing it, tell them not to..

licensing for the soon to be announced yearly subscription model MS will be announcing in order to receive updates (corporate only) will be waaay more expensive than hardware solutions to address the problems themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at the end of the day people will use whatever they want, some like MS or Apple, others Linux or BSD. One thing is sure, the monopoly M$ have created in gaming is scary. The more people ditch that crap and go for alternative the better for a consumer.

Deleted
    no but i wouldnt trust a google product you dnt know what shady stuff they are doing with there billions of dollars, o nthe surface it looks quite pleasent but dig a little deeper and you wouldnt like what you find as with most companys that are large, just look at curse forcing people to use there new app with no ads either must be a catch somewhere

Windows 10 sucks. Can't play games in borderless windowed mode anymore without huge input lags due to it forcing triple buffering/vsync on and it cannot be turned off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    MS is letting those with pirated versions of 7 and 8 get the free upgrade to 10. So, yes, it is free if you want it.
    They don't get an official version do they? At least I remember reading if you upgrade from a non genuine copy to 10 you get a non genuine copy of 10?

It is a current copy..You simply skip the part where you enter a product key... Later on, you can buy a key if you want, to continue to receive updates, which you were not getting anyways with a pirated copy.

Deleted
    i wouldnt be suprised if these pirated copys of windows 10 have more hidden shit in them to monitor what they download etc, why the fuck would MS let pirates have there OS for free, pirating has been illegal for decades, it started from people selling you shitty recordings of movies in cinemas with camcorders to sites now like piratebay etc giving you HDand better quality of a movie or program

i wouldnt be suprised if these pirated copys of windows 10 have more hidden shit in them to monitor what they download etc, why the fuck would MS let pirates have there OS for free, pirating has been illegal for decades, it started from people selling you shitty recordings of movies in cinemas with camcorders to sites now like piratebay etc giving you HDand better quality of a movie or program
    The original intent before they changed it a little was to get people off a pirated OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    For some reason I can't install windows 10, for some reason I get an error when I'm at 75% of the install, tried so many things to fix it and nothing works.
    Sometimes when you have enabled auto-login or have a login screen but no password it blocks it.
    Try going into your user options and setting a password, then restart.

Trust me, if I want Win10, I'll get it for "free" anytime I want .

maybe you should go on windows 10 forums on microsfts site and tenforums, if you do some research you will see alot of complaints about W10
    Go to any forums and you'll see complaints about stuff. Half the complaints are because people are idiots though and messed stuff up themselves and it's no fault of the people they are bitching at. For the other half, while they may be legitimate, they are such a small percentage of actual users. The other 98% of people that are using it with no issues just don't say anything at all, because why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    For some reason I can't install windows 10, for some reason I get an error when I'm at 75% of the install, tried so many things to fix it and nothing works.
    Try disabling your network card in device manager before upgrading, for some reason it works on some computers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    updated to win10 yesterday but so far i got to say it's not a very good first impression.

-first they install that malware that hogs my precious ssd space for a year and has all kinds of popups and ninja updates.
    -then i finally do decide to update and it says it needs a 3gb download, fine. nothing happens.
    -download manual update tool, says it needs 20gb.
    -manage to free up 20gb, it literally takes 6 hours to update. started at like 15:00 or 16:00 it was done at like 21:00. at least it didnt lie about letting me choose when to reboot, tho that's only because i noticed the timer.
    -on reboot it only has a tiny hidden away place you have to click to disable some of their trackers.
    -when i reach windows it says it has removed a bunch of programs without my consent for reasons.
    -have to dig through though a bunch of submenus to turn off even more tracking.
    -allowing me to choose when to reboot on updates hidden even deeper.
    -pc now boots slower.

great start.