Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    PS+ just needs to go, or just the part where you need it to play multiplayer.
    Meh I don't mind it, Between the games and the discounts its $50 I don't mind spending.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I wonder if they can sue him for that, should be 100% possible. I would never do what he does right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Even better...devs suddenly care about not watching spoilers...this tweet: https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/759111898675679232 sounds like they panicked that people will watch the gameplay and "spoil" themselves....which means "oh damn, they will find out the game is shit! please don't watch the gameplays! you will know the truth!".
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-29 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    PS+ just needs to go, or just the part where you need it to play multiplayer.
    Nah m8.

PS+ being required for multiplayer was one of the biggest factors in bringing Sony back into the black as a company. Maybe you don't, but I do care about the health of one of the best companies in the video game business. It's not like they don't compensate with free games and discounts either.

Without PS+ being required Sony would have to make up that money somewhere, it wouldn't come from thin air. They would be charging it somewhere, I prefer they do it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I wonder if they can sue him for that, should be 100% possible. I would never do what he does right now.
    They can't sue him, he didn't sign an NDA he simply got the game early. The only party they could sue is if they tracked the origination of the said copy he got for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even better...devs suddenly care about not watching spoilers...this tweet: https://twitter.com/nomanssky/status/759111898675679232 sounds like they panicked that people will watch the gameplay and "spoil" themselves....which means "oh damn, they will find out the game is shit! please don't watch the gameplays! you will know the truth!".
    I mean, this is the guy that's basically told us the same things over and over again as well as being pretty damn vague when he does answer questions because he doesn't want the game spoiled. Unless suddenly is three years for you.

Game looks pretty good so far, shit ton of stuff that's way beyond what they've shown us -- though the gameplay looks pretty consistent with the 30 min video they put out a while ago (the Balari V one). Bunch of visual bugs associated with mining though, and a constant pop up on the bottom right corner trying to tell tips, hope that is able to be turned off, it's a bit annoying.

Edit: I do find it funny that the first planet seen from the release game is a hot hellhole with minimal life (that plant thing was pretty cool though). Heck, I'm surprised it had life -- I wonder if they changed the 10% life rule to something much higher?
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-07-29 at 08:44 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...ney_has_begun/

This dudes gonna be posting videos throughout the weekend, if anyone cares to see some gameplay that isn't a demo or anything like that.
    videos been taken down
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    is this a poor mans frontier: elite 2?

videos been uploaded to youtube for those that didnt get a chance to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZWNw57HPk

personally its not for me. I need a game with some story that moves along as you play. the only games i can play without any sort of story is sports game.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so down about this game? From what I've seen it looks very fun. Am I missing something?

15+ Year Old Account
    If your dial isn't stuck on hate then it simply means don't spoil that Awe that comes from experiencing something yourself for the first time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

does no mans sky support vr?

either way i plan on playing this game with my vive. either in vr or via desktop vr on a giant screen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by StaticHound View Post
    Why are people so down about this game? From what I've seen it looks very fun. Am I missing something?
    Subjective opinions. You thinking something looks fun does not mean others will share the same thoughts.

Me personally, I think the game looks like an overhyped piece of garbage and I say that will all due respect as I understand why some people are still hyped for it and why some people will like it. It's just not even remotely close to my thing and I likely wouldn't even purchase it if it was free on ps+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few notes from the leaked video
    -- Elements come in groups it seems like, for instance iron and zinc are oxides -- which is indicated by the color yellow -- and are used for building things and charging technology like shields. Red's seem to be fuels (called isotopes in game), and consist of carbon, thamium9, and plutonium so far. Green means a neutral element, so far only emeril has been shown; I'm guessing neutral means it can't charge anything and is just meant for building? Blue means it's a silicate, in previous videos the cold shield was charged with blue things right? What I find funny is that only 'isotope' pertains to a property of an element, oxides and silicates are more to due with the molecule the elements are found in.

-- Elements stack to 100

-- Elements have rarities (common, rare, etc.)

-- You can feed creatures elements so they'll become friendly and dig something up for you, not sure what else they'll do. For some reason it reminded me of spore, when you make friends with some other animal in the creature stage they would dig a body part up for you.

-- Seems like mining stuff gives you quite a bit of resources, if you really knew what you were doing and wanted to go straight to space I think you could do it in 10 - 30 min top. Hardest part seems to be finding out what gives what

-- You can teleport items in your suit inventory to your ship (guessing laziness in programming :P Joking aside that seems to be a nice QoL thing.)

-- There's a record of star systems you've been to, discoveries you've made, how long you've survived (by in game days), how much you've walked/swam, etc.

-- You start with some basic crafting patterns, e.g. some components for other things and the hacking chip seen in the Balari V video.

-- Individual technologies in your ship/suit can be damaged, requiring repairs. Unknown if that's present throughout the game or just at the beginning.

-- Temperature damage seems to be a bit planet based? He still needed a heat shield at 40 c, which while not very nice is definitely survivable. It also seemed to be the same drain on the suits heat shield charge. Temp damage stopped happening when he was deep in a cave or in his ship though.

-- Jetpack at the beginning, part of the suit -- it's not a technology it seems

-- (This isn't a spoiler) Apparently there is only one save game slot on the PS4? He started the game and went straight to the opening sequence. Of course there have been games that do that on first load-up then have a character select menu on further load ups
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-07-30 at 05:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No they can't. They could sue the place that they got the copy from because it isn't supposed to be sold or distributed until X date. The end user though they can't sue unless they did something illegal to play the game early. The videos should even still be up as there is no reason to take them down as copyright doesn't really have a street date. However SEIA made a copyright claim on YouTube and got them removed.

Apparently someone also put a copy up on ebay that sold for $2000.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    does no mans sky support vr?

either way i plan on playing this game with my vive. either in vr or via desktop vr on a giant screen
    I doubt it supports VR. I can't remember if it was confirmed to not be a feature though, Sean Murray kept on saying that he thinks it would be cool, but Hello Games is a small team. I wouldn't be surprised to see VR support in a year or so if NMS is a success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This is the guy that bought it from ebay. $1250 dollars damn. I guess it is his money, but lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No they can't. They could sue the place that they got the copy from because it isn't supposed to be sold or distributed until X date. The end user though they can't sue unless they did something illegal to play the game early. The videos should even still be up as there is no reason to take them down as copyright doesn't really have a street date. However SEIA made a copyright claim on YouTube and got them removed.

The videos can be removed because the game and hence forth any footage of the game is property of the owners of said game.

Remember Twitch streaming or youtube videos are a privilege most publishers allow(after embargo dates anyways), not a right to the player.

Also if this is similar to the uncharted 4's that got released in the wild then they where stolen on route to stores in PAL territories off the truck and then being sold on ebay.

If this is the case and it happened AGAIN Sony should really 1) stop shipping copies out so early, stores don't need them 2 weeks before release and 2) find out how their shipments are being tracked and stolen and fire the obvious persons on the inside assisting with it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-30 at 12:48 AM.

these leaked videos showed off more of the game than the actual developers have done ever. We actually got a sense of what you do at the start, its almost like we should have seen this stuff a long time ago.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    im not too sold on this game yet....if there was physical multiplayer interaction, i would be down....but as it is right now with how they are handling it...i feel like it's not worth it...

oh well i guess i gotta wait till it goes down in price before i justify paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    im not too sold on this game yet....if there was physical multiplayer interaction, i would be down....but as it is right now with how they are handling it...i feel like it's not worth it...

oh well i guess i gotta wait till it goes down in price before i justify paying for it.
    There is no multiplayer in this game. The only multiplayer shit in this game is you can see what people name stuff, that's it.

Maybe see what people have done to planets. You will never see another player because there is no multiplayer. The devs haven't been clear on it because they don't want to scare people away from the game.

That's why I'm really glad about this leaked footage, should have showed us more of the game and been more clear.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    There is no multiplayer in this game. The only multiplayer shit in this game is you can see what people name stuff, that's it.

Maybe see what people have done to planets. You will never see another player because there is no multiplayer. The devs haven't been clear on it because they don't want to scare people away from the game.

That's why I'm really glad about this leaked footage, should have showed us more of the game and been more clear.
    Actually the multiplayer mechanics are what they've been the most straight forward and open about. Specifically that NMS isn't really a multiplayer game.

Everything you do is saved to your own machine, but only really big/important things will be saved for everyone (like naming a species or heavily damaging a space station). You can see which planets others have already been to on the galactic map, and you can see where your friends are in the universe. You can be in the same area as another player and likely never see each other, but they've said that there is a lobbying system for nearby players in the extremely rare case that you find each other -- or if 2 friends want to make some sort of attempt to meet up.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-07-30 at 01:46 AM.