Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb How many hours to level from 100 - 110 ?

Hi,

as the title says, i would like to ask you for your experience on the Beta in how much time it will take to level from 100 to 110? I assume a speed-focused leveling style.

Thanks for your informations in advance and if you know of other sources regarding that topic i would be glad to know. I could not find anything on the mmo-champion forum.

Andric

Quote Originally Posted by Enzy View Post
    Hi,

as the title says, i would like to ask you for your experience on the Beta in how much time it will take to level from 100 to 110? I assume a speed-focused leveling style.

Thanks for your informations in advance and if you know of other sources regarding that topic i would be glad to know. I could not find anything on the mmo-champion forum.

Andric
    Heard anywhere from 12-24 hrs, but speed leveling is basically dead. You want to complete every main quest in every zone so you can do World Quests at 110. The world quests are locked behind rep (its not high, its just friendly and can get be got just from doing the quests).

Get it all done, take your time, looking at 2-3 weeks at least before Raids and Mythic+ is unlocked (mythic is there from the beginning though).

Basically what I'm trying to say is, finish the zones or you're locking yourself out of content.

I lvled mine in 3 days of playing 4 hours a day ,so 12 hours and i wasnt lvling rly fast cause i visited class hall time to time to send mission and upgrade weapon

not sure if this will show up.. but i was not rushing and did it in 19 hours on a demon hunter pure solo.

blah i cant get it to show up. but here's the link

http://imgur.com/a/Fzt2r
    Last edited by McTurbo; 2016-07-29 at 08:24 PM.

Depends on how fast you go, how much you read quests, gear. As 685 premades, around 15 hours. Mobs will scale to your lvl not ilvl so higher ilvl = faster killing = faster leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it also depends how you do it.

Normal questing in legion it took my hunter in 710 gear, 8 hours. About 50 minutes per level.

Which still is slow to me and need to improve.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

I'd take these times with a grain of salt, experience could always be tweaked before Legion goes live.

In regards to speed leveling, I have not checked this yet. . . But I am wondering.

Is it better to ignore treasure and just immediately level, then return for treasure after maybe your first set of research is done?

Or does the treasure AP items not scale with your Artifact Knowledge/research?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No point in returning for AP once your first research is done, all quest rewards and things you loot from the world have a static amount of AP that aren't effected by research. So just pick it up while you level for the XP/AP boost, but don't go out of your way to get it.

I don't by any means level fast, but when I leveled a couple of months ago (I think when the finally finalized XP) it took me basically an hour for each level, or maybe slightly over. Depends on the zone. It felt like the fastest expansion that I've ever leveled in and I've done them all, I can't see it taking me more than 12 hours.

I did it in probably 13 hours but the end of highmountain bugged for me so i had to go do some random quests in valsharah to level. You can probably do it in 8-10 if you really push through it, i took my time.

Took me 20 on premades, 10-12 on my 744 main.
    This is doing all the important storylines in the zones so you are set up the second you hit 110 to start progressing, not the retarded spend 5 levels in WoD then have to spend a bunch of time at 110 doing quests so you can get into heroics and World Quests.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    No point in returning for AP once your first research is done, all quest rewards and things you loot from the world have a static amount of AP that aren't effected by research. So just pick it up while you level for the XP/AP boost, but don't go out of your way to get it.
    Treasures scale with artifact research. Best thing is to save them until raids open and open them with the most research possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    [...] not the retarded spend 5 levels in WoD then have to spend a bunch of time at 110 doing quests so you can get into heroics and World Quests.
    Except you get friendly with each faction by doing 1/3 of the respective zone. No need to continue questing at 110 even if you do the Draenor preparation. Stop spreading misinformation. The people doing this "retarded" method will be 110 and able to do normal dungeons to get the needed ilvl for heroic dungeons while you are still leveling.
    Last edited by mmoca60c1676f3; 2016-07-29 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    Treasures scale with artifact research. Best thing is to save them until raids open and open them with the most research possible.
    since when would that be? Because That's not been the case for the first 6 months of alpha/beta.

As soon as it transitioned from alpha to beta, it took 6 hours to level from 100-110 on a premade tank. There have probably been nerfs to experience since then, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    since when would that be? Because That's not been the case for the first 6 months of alpha/beta.
    Since the last build. Don't know if it's intended or not but it does scale as of now. They even added random experience gain from treasures.

anyone able to tell me if exp per mob is reduced if in a grp? trying to work out fastest way to level with friends. not sure if we are better off grouped or just run around together and tag everything

I leveled in two days. But I played 5-6 hours in a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend and I leveled multiple toons, average speed was about 20 hours, grouping with tank/dps didn't really change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post

Except you get friendly with each faction by doing 1/3 of the respective zone. No need to continue questing at 110 even if you do the Draenor preparation. Stop spreading misinformation. The people doing this "retarded" method will be 110 and able to do normal dungeons to get the needed ilvl for heroic dungeons while you are still leveling.
    If you wanna do those normals in your HFC gear, have fun!
    Otherwise you will be backtracking hardcore with that 5 hours you saved to get the 800 pieces at the end of each zone and catch up on all the Order Hall quests you skipped.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

So for someone like me who haven't leveled on the beta, nor do I see any real point in doing so.
    But from what I read so far, the main way of leveling is just to complete all quests in all zones as youll need to do that eventually anyways?