Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Since they removed the threat management (tanks have insane threaty generation) does it matter how many abilities you have? Make some empty buttonsand push them if that makes you feel better...

I said it to numerous other threads,ability number is not the problem
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    The problem is that the tank gameplay imo was at his hight in when threat was a serious thing back then for example in bc.

But this limits the other classes and teamplay in such an extent that this creates a another problem

blizzard then went with Mitagation which also resulted in like you either a god tank our you suck.

dilemma
    Thats my opinion too i was playing a warrior tank in tbc and was great fun because i had to work for threat and when i did it felt rewarding... Now i can just hit thunder clap and grab aggro for the whole fighty
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    It doesn't.

Tanking in legion is the worst it's ever been. We (well, not me I quit tanking, thanks legion) are rpetty much glorified target dummy. Aggro? No skill required. Not dying? No skill required, healers job. Active Mitigation and cooldowns? Extremely weak, can't tell good and bad tank apart.

You can't cover for crappy healers yourself at all.

Just be ready to shout even more so incoming boss mechanics and manage healers cooldown so you don't die. Too bad if you get healers that spam all their cooldowns at the same time without you asking for it and then 5s later you die.
    So i am guessing you dont know what wait for 5 stacks of sunder mean, tanking is not worst its ever been, we just got demoted from godmode to überstrong.

Deleted
    Keep in mind stuff are tuned towards 110 and artifact stff.
    At 110 in beta all tanks are good.
    If you want more buttons, then feel free to pick the non-passive.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    No, it doesn't get any better. Be prepared to spend most of your time in raids yelling at overtaxed healers who don't know when the next tank mechanic you have to be topped off for is arriving.
    Yes, so much this... it's probably going to be shit being a tank in Legion. Well, except if you're a warrior, i can spam Ignore Pain to ridiculous amounts on my 676 ilvl warr alt.

Deleted
    DKs and druids get better by miles, warriors and paladins get a little better. Monks? They're just terrible to play compared to the previous version. I gave up on the monk after getting to 110 and doing 3 heroics on the beta. It just felt lackluster in every way to me personally, someone else may love it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighelf View Post
    So i am guessing you dont know what wait for 5 stacks of sunder mean, tanking is not worst its ever been, we just got demoted from godmode to überstrong.
    Wth does sunder have anything to do? I play since Day 1. I've raided MC the first day it went live. I had break ofc but don't jump out with sunder out of nowhere.

And what does godmode-> uberstrong has anything to do with either? I don't talk about power. I talk about fun and what we actually do. Holding aggro is hard? Nope, not at all. Moving boss/adds is hard? Nope. Surviving? Not really because now healers are again like 95% responsible for whether you live or die.

Previously what tanks did actually had an impact. Better tank could take less dmg and smooth spikes so healers also were more efficient with their healing. Now we are back to being entirely dependable on healers.

As if supporting tank with heals and keeping entire raid alive wasn't enough fun for healers what little fun tanking was is gone.

Deleted
    I still feel very nostalgic about tanks in Mist of Pandaria when we were on top of dps when we were main-tanking and all dps players were mad about that...!
    Those were the days!

One reason many tanks feel neutered is their top stats have changed in most cases. DK and BrM monks for example were haste starved over night. Once people swap gear and make a few mindset changes things get much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-Kon View Post
    I still feel very nostalgic about tanks in Mist of Pandaria when we were on top of dps when we were main-tanking and all dps players were mad about that...!
    Those were the days!
    So you only ran dungeons with awful dps, that doesn't sound like fun.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    sso you are not only a shitty tank you had also shitty dps, lel
    Your reply does not make any sense.

Deleted
    it was sarcasm because that was not a thing with good players
    Still it doesn't make sense. If you ever played Mist of Pandaria you would know that it was normal for the tank that had the more up-time in tanking the boss having more DPS than the top DPS player. And that doesn't have to do with being good player or anything. That was about how the passive spell "Vengeance" used to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    One reason many tanks feel neutered is their top stats have changed in most cases. DK and BrM monks for example were haste starved over night. Once people swap gear and make a few mindset changes things get much easier.

- - - Updated - - -

So you only ran dungeons with awful dps, that doesn't sound like fun.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic (pre Mythic) wants to have a chat with you! I toped Meters with Prot Warrior, second was the Prot Pala since we never let the tank debuff expire.

Damage in legion is less spikey based on beta, you just don't have as much control on your health pools so they will fluctuate more than in wod. Healers will be primarily responsible for keeping you up, so make sure they are always putting maintenance stuff like hots on you.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    All you get is one new ability on a 90 second cooldown when you get your Artifact weapon. In my opinion, you still feel like a level 30 character.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now Guardian Druids are the best tanks for 110 raiding followed by Prot Wars.

Prot Paladins are the best OT because of the insane amount of utility they provide to the raid.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    maybe in lfr it worked that way, not in guild runs, because such a play stayle would make tank swap impossible. And in a dungeon the fight was not lasted long enough
    I think you never played Mist of Pandaria so please stop commenting about that because your comments are misleading for the people that read them. Just go and watch the videos of Method from Mist of Pandaria and see who is the top dps. Please...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    DKs and druids get better by miles, warriors and paladins get a little better. Monks? They're just terrible to play compared to the previous version. I gave up on the monk after getting to 110 and doing 3 heroics on the beta. It just felt lackluster in every way to me personally, someone else may love it though.
    Monks get the best healing spec at 110 though. I plan to main a BDK and have a MW Monk as my main alt.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted

not the tank, pls rekt
    For your interest Treckie is a protection paladin. So yea it's the tank.

not the tank, pls rekt
    Got to love putting links and not knowing they are against your point XD

- - - Updated - - -

maybe in lfr it worked that way, not in guild runs, because such a play stayle would make tank swap impossible. And in a dungeon the fight was not lasted long enough
    Such a play style was actually fun, this was the fight i had more fun in my guild since each debuff the boss was putting on the tank after the 3rd application was a 1shot if you didn't manage your CD's, your other tank CDs and your Healer's CDs. The amount of damage we were getting increased vengence so much that we outdpsed everyone. But that was my guild back then, you might say all dpsers are shit (you would be wrong but its ok). So here is Midwinter on the World 3rd Siegecrafter Kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdvfeHIp-bI

The 2 top dps are TANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse Heroic (pre Mythic) wants to have a chat with you! I toped Meters with Prot Warrior, second was the Prot Pala since we never let the tank debuff expire.
    Which the fighy had to be gamed to be done and is a unique example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Monks get the best healing spec at 110 though. I plan to main a BDK and have a MW Monk as my main alt.
    That is certainly not the consensus, nor what the numers support. Druid or pally are 1 or 2 almost across the board, many putting holy priest 3rd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-Kon View Post
    For your interest Treckie is a protection paladin. So yea it's the tank.
    More often then not this happened because adds were cheesed or well past progression letting people get creative while also out gearing content.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."