Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh, you mean like the first part of my example...
    Not really, since it doesn't take away from the atmosphere. Beings far stronger than us bickering with eachother does not negate the fact that they can be terrifying to us lesser beings.

Infact it's a common trope in 'serious' shows that they joke since they consider us so insignificant.

Hearthstone isn't too 'dark' but it certainly was semi-serious before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Uh, am I the only one liking the idea of a lighthearted reimagining of Karazhan as an adventure? We've been there so many times when it was dead and know the things by heart, imho this is a pretty awesome idea on Blizzards part.

And yet I read a lot of people complaining about "Karazhan not supposed to be like that"? Would they rather have the old dead thing we've done a billion times?

So unfathomable happy those people aren't designing for blizzard, lol.
    Also Medivh is suppose to be well, uh...dead.

Not alive. Certainly not missing either. But dead.

So yeah, not quite sure about that complaint.

Oh, and I love "One Night in Karazhan".

One month long night.

(Also of course the announcement would be during the few most busiest days ever for me).
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-30 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Bit silly, all the hate for this 'light' Karazhan tone.

If you remember correctly, when we entered Karazhan in WoW you could already notice the entire feast/ballroom theme going on in the lower levels. The food was still on the tables in Moroes' room. Ghosts were still dancing. Almost as if some huge tragedy happened during a feast.

We also know Medivh was a VERY excentric person. He is often portrayed as a lonely person, which doesn't mean he was ALONE! My guess is he was a bit like Tony Stark: filling the emptiness in his life with lavendish parties, surrounded by superficial people.

In other words: it's not really that hard to believe this adventure fits in the overall Hearthstone/World of Warcraft world.

2 new cards revealed, for a total of 9 cards as of this writing.

I couldn't care less about the light tone of the adventure, but the fact that out of the 9 cards revealed thus far, 3 of them already have the word "random" written on them, with 2 more having a somewhat random element to them (Ivory Knight and The Curator), and you can see why I'm really not hyped about this new adventure. I absolutely hate random cards.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    BRM was far from serious. Just take that banter between Blackwing and Ragnaros - or the fact that you could summon rubber toys from the lava pool on the board.
    There's a difference between some minor comic relief and pretty much destroying the overall atmosphere of the experience. This trailer would've been fucking AMAZING as an April Fool's joke. But as the actual premise for the in-game experience... quite the turn off if you ask me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There's a difference between some minor comic relief and pretty much destroying the overall atmosphere of the experience. This trailer would've been fucking AMAZING as an April Fool's joke. But as the actual premise for the in-game experience... quite the turn off if you ask me.
    I find it insanely hilarious that people are turned off by this; It's a goddamn trailer for a game that has one actual purpose; To be fun and over the top.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The whole premise of HS is the biggest, baddest heroes in Azeroth all sitting down in an inn to play a card game.

It has never, ever, EVER been presented as anything other than light-hearted, flamboyant and over-the-top.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't really care to argue about it, that's how I've felt playing WotOG and I haven't played since day 1 after getting virtually nothing in 50 packs from gold. And I refuse to spend real money for that bullshit p2w game. And that's not even getting into the fucking absurdity of the RNG of the WotOG cards and how game breaking they are.

The expansion broke the game forever for me. So I'm glad the rest of you enjoy it, but I'm never coming back.

This dumbass announcement cemented it further.
    It's obvious that you haven't been playing since nothing in this expansion broke the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    the firelands portal sounds broken for arena, would be more balanced if it was a rare not common
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't really care to argue about it, that's how I've felt playing WotOG and I haven't played since day 1 after getting virtually nothing in 50 packs from gold. And I refuse to spend real money for that bullshit p2w game. And that's not even getting into the fucking absurdity of the RNG of the WotOG cards and how game breaking they are.

The expansion broke the game forever for me. So I'm glad the rest of you enjoy it, but I'm never coming back.

This dumbass announcement cemented it further.
    Sooooo. tldr - you didn't get any good cards and blamed the expansion. Gotcha.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    implying shaman is the problem in the meta now and not motherfucking control/cthun warrior getting 20 armor in one turn
    That’s a whole different kettle of fish.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wow, look at all these grumps that don't enjoy fun. Y'all need to relax a little, Hearthstone has always been silly, ever since the introduction where you fight Hogger and sass Illidan as Jaina. It's not meant to be serious or grimdark, and it never will be.

I, for one, thought this was a hilarious interpretation of what Karazhan might've been like, but only in the twisted and weird world of Hearthstone is it canon, not in WoW.

Just to reiterate: HEARTHSTONE IS NOT WARCRAFT. IT IS BASED OFF OF WARCRAFT, BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME THING. GOODNIGHT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also Medivh is suppose to be well, uh...dead.

Not alive. Certainly not missing either. But dead.

So yeah, not quite sure about that complaint.

Oh, and I love "One Night in Karazhan".

One month long night.

(Also of course the announcement would be during the few most busiest days ever for me).
    Medivh is very much alive, unless he committed suicide somewhere between Warcraft III's ending and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Medivh is very much alive, unless he committed suicide somewhere between Warcraft III's ending and now.
    He was killed during WC1.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    He was killed during WC1.
    And his mother brought him back

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I literally can't find anything saying he's actually "alive", but that he's either a ghost or a spirit still, and that it's up in the air.

He's most certainly not throwing a massive party in Karazhan in Warcraft is my point.

"Hearthstone has always been silly!"

Ah yes, I remember fondly the Disco Night at Naxx expansion.

Karazhan is great, but now it's like a red carpet event apparently -_-

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    "Hearthstone has always been silly!"

Ah yes, I remember fondly the Disco Night at Naxx expansion.

Karazhan is great, but now it's like a red carpet event apparently -_-
    Maybe it wasn't a "Disco Night", but Kel'thuzad literally acted like a 90s cartoon villain, and in a humorous way.

And don't forget the bickering of Ragnaros and Nefarian in Blackrock Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Everyone runs Huckster so you'll have access to at least 2 cut-cost cards. Toss in a single Burgle and that's two more.

Add all that to the fact that a 5 mana 5/6 is primo stat distribution, and I see it being used.
    It looks like it'll be more for fun than being too serious. Being that we're playing a game, I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It looks like it'll be more for fun than being too serious. Being that we're playing a game, I'm all for that.
    Well, we still don't know what else rogue is getting.

Hopefully more cards to make them more of a thief class than priest.

PS- I unstickied the Old Gods thread and stickied this one, gonna keep this hopefully more up to date than the Old Gods thread (But seriously, they unloaded like 100 cards at the end, how am I supposed to keep up with that?!)
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-30 at 07:09 PM.