Poll: Do you blame others except yourself when you lose?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    So when you lose and a random queue, do you take responsibility or do you think you are the only good teammate?

I wonder if there are some "Dunning Kruger" situations where people who think they are amazing really are not.

Personally, I feel like I always carry the team....but then again maybe im crazy? If someone says "hey brah im 4 golds" does that mean they are good, or is it just numbers?
    IT all depends. I do blame others.
    When they do stupid shit like: running in 1 by 1. Not change hero while they are hard counter, no one go healer or tank ( i usually take the other one), setting up as bastion in the middle of the road, keep firing on a deflecting genji, 5 people going after 1 tracer to leave me vs 5 enemy on the cap point etc.
    4 gold means shit if you loose. And even playing the objective its easy to get 4 or 5 gold. But allot of noobs and idiots play quick play to. I can stay near objective get 4 or 5 gold as tank and still can not say they played bad.

i do play my team members in quickies when they double genji or bastion, basically do retarded shit out of my control.

i do blame myself when im shit also.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Everyone who says they don't is lying.

Yes I do blame others for my loss.
    Yes I do blame others skill when I die.

This is because I am immensely focused at the time and when I loose a real close game I need some kind of satisfaction.

But I also know that most of the times are because I played badly.

But I don't do it all the time.
    I think this sums it up nicely tbh,

Yes I call people out, not often as I don't do competitive, but if your not a premade and 4 of you fuckers go hanzo and widowmaker, I'm going to blame you.

But if I play shit, and the team plays shit, I don't bother calling anyone out,

Any of the day its a team game, same with wow pvp or league or anything similar, You are part of that team, theres rarely any point in raging and going "useless team" etc because your just insulting yourself.

Edit:

but if your not a premade
    I have no objections to joining people who are in a three or four party and they all go the same toon, generally its hilarious with co ordinated people playing quad or pent bastion

No I blame the matchmaking system. I have two accounts, on one of them I'm always put on the "bad" team and on the other on the "good" team. As a result my rank differs almost 20 points between the two accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how bad the loss is and where I stand. If I have three/four gold medals and I know that most of my team didn't carry their weight or died a lot, then yes. If my performance was bad, then no.

For example, I played a Defense on Volskaya the other night. It was over in one minute and 27 seconds. I was Torb. I had four gold medals, with only 2 eliminations. The other 5 people on my team were either afk or dead (one suicided off a ledge at the start somehow?). I absolutely blame them for the loss because that is absurd, and perhaps my worst solo-queue experience ever (which thankfully ended quickly).

But in other games, I've just done poorly, and I'll always take a part of the blame in the resulting loss should we lose. If I can't even keep a couple bronze medals as Reaper or D.Va, that's my fault, and it definitely has happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it is actually their fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    When I loose because my team or a specfific player is making us loose without trying to change than yes. If we get outplayed, not really...well played on the other team.

I blame myself probably more than others when I failed with silly mistakes.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's actually someone causing the loss, yes, otherwise no.

Just had a match where one person was Widowmaker through all the KotH rounds, never switching, effectively making it 5vs6 because she got countered all the time plus she never touched the points. Think she used her ult like 3-4 times during 4 rounds.

Even the opposing team when full sarcasm mode, saying things like "Well played, widow..." "GG, Widowmaker!"
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Deleted
    When i make mistakes i blame myself, overwatch is team play game and you cant win it solo.

7+ Year Old Account
    depends.
    if i see im literally the only good player, and people refuse to play together then yes.
    if i did poorly too, then im not gonna blame anyone because i was part of the problem.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-07-31 at 01:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Of course, that's what loosing means.
    The other team was better than us.

Sometimes people just really pick the wrong heroes though and I blame them. I really can't play tank AND healer at the same time.

Deleted
    Of course. Some people do their best to fuck over their team by taking the single most stupid picks possible. Going third support on attack and stuff like that. Like most blizzard games they are almost impossible to play without a stack if you want any sense of quality on teamplay.

But i keep it to myself. The people who suck are probably so bad they couldnt improve anyway and will fall down anyway.

I will only blame my teammates if I played well, like getting all gold medals and constantly fighting on the point / payload. Doing what I'm supposed to be doing depending on my role.

It actually sucks being the only person on the team at times who is doing something. I've had games where the enemy team would notice that and start to focus me down. There were also games where I spammed "go after their mercy!" then yelled at them for losing when they didn't.

Also there's team comp issues but that's like losing before the game starts.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2016-07-31 at 01:55 PM.

People don't admit they are wrong unless forced into a corner, they justify their behavior. In video games this extends to blaming everyone for losing the game even though you were not good enough to carry the team to victory. Easier to blame others than it is to admit you are not as amazing as you think you are.

I've seen people running of and letting me be alone with the objective/payload.

I've seen people doing some weird shit that after clearing the objective and me being left alone that the opposite team (the defensive team) had enough time to get back to the objective while my team was wondering off somewhere.

Only 2 medals that should count is objective kills and objective times , everything else is irrelevant if you play competitive mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never call people out but yes sometimes people do lose games for you. Useless offense Hanzos/Widows for example. Offense symmetras/Torbs etc. If it's quick play I don't care so just play what you want. If it's ranked I'll ask if they can switch but if they refuse oh well I take the L and go onto the next game. It can be frustrating but that's just the way it is sometimes.

Regardless I strive to improve in every single game and there hasn't been a single game where I've played perfectly. Games where I've done amazingly sure but I could always do better. Win or lose, you're never perfect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its really a loaded question. If its quite clearly someone elses fault, you're going to think "oh, they were terrible" or what not. But I know if I've been playing shit - usually when I'm playing a character I don't usually play and having a mess around in quick play or whatever. But its when I'm playing, say McCree who I've only got about 30 minutes played time with, and there is like a minute to go, and I've got the gold medal for eliminations with only 3 I generally think "holy fuck, how have I got the most eliminations when I'm playing this badly" - in which case yes, I've sucked, but it would appear they've sucked more than I have =p

But It is EXTREMELY rare that I'll actually express my opinion on other people's skill to anyone, I just rage at my monitor =p

15+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be a "Maybe" option.

When you see players who purposely pick bad characters like Widowmaker or Hanzo on KOTH maps the fault can really be pointed at those people. Same goes with Torb or Bastion on offense. You can directly blame those people for losses. There's always exceptions of course.

Or players that switch characters after 1 minute and waste all the ULT they built up.

But I invite people to rage out in chat when their team is losing or just lost a point. That's a free invite for me to troll you for being a 3 year old.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222