Page 68 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why is it that the BM douchebags almost always win? Playing at a lunch today to do a quest and I get paired with this priest. I forgot to squelch at the beginning and he emotes 'hello' 3 times in a row then threaten over and over again. Every play I made he had the perfect answer and I never had a chance from the 1st turn. Why can't the RNG ever go against asses like that?

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    Why is it that the BM douchebags almost always win? Playing at a lunch today to do a quest and I get paired with this priest. I forgot to squelch at the beginning and he emotes 'hello' 3 times in a row then threaten over and over again. Every play I made he had the perfect answer and I never had a chance from the 1st turn. Why can't the RNG ever go against asses like that?
    Idk. I always hate it when I end up losing to people like that, but it is more than satisfying when I take games from them that they surely thought they were going to win. Was playing my N'Zoth C'Thun Reno Rogue in standard and this zoolock wanted to play the "I Greet You" spam card after vomitting a bunch of minions followed by a giant at the end. I defender of argus my Sylvannas & another minion, resulting in most of his small minions having to trade and Sylvannas stealing his giant. Many Incredible things were emoted to the bmer after that. Strangely enough the bmer didn't want to accept my friend request when the game was over.

Okay so I download this HearthArena app because @icedwarrior told me to watch kripparian so I did and he used it and it looked helpful and I figure I can get a few arena wins.

So I download it, it's scummy as fuck. They make you register, they show ads, it's not easy to use, it's loaded onto this fucking thing called Overwolf. But I use it.

Draft a deck with it. Mage. Mage is supposed to be good in Arena because of removal.

Face a Shaman.

Turn 1 me: Pass
    Turn 1 him: Tunnel Trogg
    Turn 2 me: Fallen Hero or w/e
    Turn 2 him: 2 mana 2/2 overload weapon
    Turn 3 me: Ping Tunnel Trogg
    Turn 3 him: Feral Spirits
    Turn 4 me: Dark Iron Dward (4/4)
    Turn 4 him: Crackle and kill my Dwarf

THIS MOTHER FUCKER HAD THE PERFECT DROP EVERY TURN

I can't even fucking remember what I played after that. It was fucking ridiclous.

Turn 5 him: Cult Master
    Turn 6 him: Fire Elemental

EVERY. SINGLE. TURN.

Its strange you mention a priest because usually you will find that behaviour with stupid but reliable decks like face hunter or face shaman. Its also easy to topdeck the perfect answer because every answers says "face".
    Last edited by PPN; 2016-07-31 at 05:13 PM.

!?!?!?!?!??!

Playing Warlock for quest in Tavern Brawl. Play Jarraxus. Priest thoughtsteals "Destroy a Demon Gain 5 health". He fucking destroys my face. ?!?!?!?!?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    !?!?!?!?!??!

Playing Warlock for quest in Tavern Brawl. Play Jarraxus. Priest thoughtsteals "Destroy a Demon Gain 5 health". He fucking destroys my face. ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Has always worked thus.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Not to get into Lore or anything but then the new Murloc Hero should be subject to the same stuff with Murloc cards. Isn't Gul'dan also a demon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not to get into Lore or anything but then the new Murloc Hero should be subject to the same stuff with Murloc cards. Isn't Gul'dan also a demon?
    Jaraxxus is played as a minion, which has Demon tribe. Morgl and Gul'dan (who's not a Demon BTW) are not.

Played a few games before work. Been playing freeze mage because I've been doing well with it. I get a winning streak and naturally the game pairs me with a warrior. I decide not to concede and find that it is a pirate warrior. He has a buffed 3/3 hook, no minions, and 3 health. I have alexstraza on board as well as a pyro blast and 7 health. He has 1 card in hand and draws. He plays the card he had which is a 1/1 rusty hook, replacing his 3/3, then plays the Gorehowl that he just top decked and hits my face for exactly what he needed to win.

Fuck this game.

God, got burned down by an aggro shaman after healing more than 20 health with Reno & getting a double defender of argus proc on two minions. Guy didn't even use a faceless or turn 1 tunnel trogg & he still had enough to kill me.

Why do we have to be in a meta where most of the classes are starved for taunts & healing to use against this garbage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Am tinkering with a Yogg Rogue idea and am getting pasted into the ground game after game by aggro decks. Frustration is not conducive to deck building so I say "one more game and that's it for the night, win or lose".

And this game is vs a C'thun Lock and it's going superbly. I've had good draw and have ably countered everything he's thrown down, I've got Pillager and Xaril on board and almost full health with Auctioneer, coin, Evis and Sap still in hand ready to go. Feeling really good about this one.

And then at turn 6 he just... stops playing. Didn't concede, didn't leave the game, just let it rope out like he walked away from the screen. Couple of empty turns later and I got him down.

And it was a really... really... REALLY unsatisfying way to finish my night. Blargh.

I've had a blast since the monthly reset. Feels good playing as a priest and always facing Shamans and Hunters who have a perfect curve the whole time.
    Anyway, these last two games were a bit fun. Atleast fun enough to mention

Second to last game;Against a Mage:
    Elise Starseeker on turn 3 (coined). Two rounds after that she draws the map and draws the Monkey which pops out on turn 6.
    So she starts pulling out legendaries, which I can stave off for about two turns. Right up until she draws Varian Vrynn; draw 3 cards. Put any minion directly onto the battlefield. Hey, guess what her deck consists of now? Correct, all minions. Down the gutter goes the priest..

Last game; Against a Priest:
    Going back and forth, killing each others' minions without really getting anywhere.
    He then casts an 8 mana Forbidden Shaping which nets him a 8/8 Ironbark Protector.
    The next turn after that he chugs out Alexstraza which he got from my Thoughtsteal. Lovely chance of that happening, that's the only big minion I carry. The rest are 3-5 mana. Poof down to 15 HP from 25+. I kill it off with a Shadow word: Death.
    Next turn? Resurrect: Summon a random friendly minion that died this game -> Alexstraza. Naturally. Of about 7 minions killed.

I must have done something terrible to anger Murphy this much because he's surely watching over me with full focus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Salty people who drag on games and waste time when they have lost piss me RIGHT the hell off.

And I don't mean "maybe they're fishing for one card or a big RNG swing to turn it all around". I mean that if you are a freeze mage against a control warrior with over 40 armour, you've used two Fireballs and a Frostbolt to kill minions and just used Alex on YOURSELF to stave off death for a couple more turns, stop being a dickbag and just concede. You could get six Pyros out of two Tomes and you still wouldn't be able to chew through my effective health pool while I hero power each turn and you die first to fatigue.

So I got salty in turn and did exactly that. He wants to waste my time, I waste his. 4 armour, end turn, every turn.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2016-08-09 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Salty people who drag on games and waste time when they have lost piss me RIGHT the hell off.

And I don't mean "maybe they're fishing for one card or a big RNG swing to turn it all around". I mean that if you are a freeze mage against a control warrior with over 40 armour, you've used two Fireballs and a Frostbolt to kill minions and just used Alex on YOURSELF to stave off death for a couple more turns, stop being a dickbag and just concede. You could get six Pyros out of two Tomes and you still wouldn't be able to chew through my effective health pool while I hero power each turn and you die first to fatigue.

So I got salty in turn and did exactly that. He wants to waste my time, I waste his. 4 armour, end turn, every turn.
    Any self respecting frost mage should just auto concede against a warrior anyways. There's the small chance that it is a pirate warrior, but I'd rather not waste time and just move on to the next game.

I used to do exactly what you said though. I would just drag out the game just to spite him. That was until I realized I was only hurting my ladder climb by wasting time. People need to realize they might be able to win 2-3 games in the time they take to drag out hopeless games.

Again, every time I play this game, it just gets completely more shit than the last time. Fuck it with a big silver dick. Honestly.

Not sure why people say priest is a bad class to play. Every time I face one it's a major struggle between them stealing cards and healing every turn. Seems like 90% of the time they have every answer they need right in their hand. I play something, SWP, play something and buff it, SWD, play a decent card, entomb, get a decent board auchenai circle. Seriously enough with the frigging stealing cards. If you want to play priest then use priest cards, jfc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people say priest is a bad class to play. Every time I face one it's a major struggle between them stealing cards and healing every turn. Seems like 90% of the time they have every answer they need right in their hand. I play something, SWP, play something and buff it, SWD, play a decent card, entomb, get a decent board auchenai circle. Seriously enough with the frigging stealing cards. If you want to play priest then use priest cards, jfc.
    Priests get better the longer a game goes on. Control/fatigue matchups generally favour Priest.

However the meta is very fast atm, and priest doesn't have the early game to deal with aggro AND build board. That's why it's not favoured.

The variety of decks a priest can play is very limited. The only priest you meet now is a C'Thun priest. And while i like control decks and also the priest class its one of the worst decks that ever existed because its so motherfucking boring to play and also fucking annoying to lose against. This deck also brought BM from priests to the game:P

I was playing dragon warrior. One of my favorite decks to play. Anyways I'm playing a priest. He is top decking and I'm zeroing in on a kill. I have like 15 health and he has like 13 and my next couple turns I win. I have two cards in hand which are Ysera and Grom. He top decks a mind vision??? and steals my Ysera. So I have to kill it but he gets nightmare off of it. Next turn he gets mind vision again top decked and steals my Grom along with nightmare plus he had the card that turns his heal power into damage and hits his grom and kills me. Was a very odd priest deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the problem with priest everything they have is reactionary, he will be sat there with a fat hand and no minions to play because its all reactionary spells thats why priest sucks.

I think a decent 2 drop dragon will make dragon priest a bit more viable and more minions and less spells like they did with rogue in loe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.