Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember all those times we Alliance had to put up with either Thrall or Garry's stories?

Yeah, fuck that idea of Alleria as a Horde character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I guess you haven't played past TBC yet.
    I think it's pretty safe to say he does not understand the whole internal elven conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Sylvanas hasn't committed any genocides. Given how Alleria herself thought about the Orcs before she calmed down, why would she care even if Sylvanas did that? And Horde still has stark majority of her people and her homeland. The protection of which is the reason why she joined Turalyon in the first place.
    She literally tried to turn the entire human race into mindless worgen under her control. Not technically genocide, but pretty damn close.

As for the worgen with a mind, she would -- on a whim -- commit genocide against the entire species if she had the chance. The amount of racial hatred she has for the worgen is incredible. And to be honest, that was never really explained.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say he does not understand the whole internal elven conflict.
    I disagree with you, therefore I have no idea what I am talking about and therefore my argument is conveniently irrelevant.

I now see how this thread got to 56 pages, thanks for clarifying.

PS: Most of the Blood elf/High elf rivalry and hatred occurred in WotLK, after the Sunwell was restored. Let's conveniently ignore that, too. The high elves despise the blood elves and vice versa, there have never really been any exceptions. They follow entirely different core beliefs in every way. The fact the sunwell was restored did not magically make the Blood elves and high elves buddies again. Sorry to burst any bubbles about this.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2016-07-31 at 08:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    She literally tried to turn the entire human race into mindless worgen under her control. Not technically genocide, but pretty damn close.
    you know that she nor any Forsaken ever confirmed that was their plan? You get that idea from a worgen Q giver, who would obviously suspect the worst. Also the Scythe doesnt really control mass amounts of worgen anyways, example one being duskwood.

The amount of racial hatred she has for the worgen is incredible.
    never expressed because it doesn't exist find even one source that she has this incredible hatred of worgen.

I disagree with you, therefore I have no idea what I am talking about and therefore my argument is conveniently irrelevant.

I now see how this thread got to 56 pages, thanks for clarifying.
    You're wrong because you're wrong, hiding behind "its my opinion" doesn't make it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    you know that she nor any Forsaken ever confirmed that was their plan? You get that idea from a worgen Q giver, who would obviously suspect the worst. Also the Scythe doesnt really control mass amounts of worgen anyways, example one being duskwood.
    Yet that's what the quest chain expressed directly. I guess they are wrong since you don't want it to be. Totally viable source.

Sure, I'll admit I was stretching the genocide thing a bit, but it isn't that big of a stretch. She was literally doing this, and the Horde side never expressed it because Cataclysm was all about justifying your faction's actions and making the other side look like the bad guys.

never expressed because it doesn't exist find even one source that she has this incredible hatred of worgen.
    Try playing through Gilneas or Silverpine Forest. And just wait until Stormheim when the racial hatreds really heat up.

You're wrong because you're wrong, hiding behind "its my opinion" doesn't make it right.
    Yet no one seems to have any valid reasoning why other than they disagree with me.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2016-07-31 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Yet that's what the quest chain expressed directly. I guess they are wrong since you don't want it to be. Totally viable source.
    You do understand quest givers can be wrong right?

Characters in the Warcraft novels have been wrong about how they perceive situations, not everything a quest giver says is 100% spot on.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-07-31 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Not the vibe I got from the base in Outlands named after Alleria, one of the high elves made a really significant comment about how 'they were looking forward to coming home for so long, only to find that they have no home to come back to now.'

Kinda the opposite of what you're trying to make it out to be, but hey... it's not entirely untrue in a sense.
    But that was before the Sunwell reignited and likely the elves in the Stronghold were given a ton of misinformation by the alliance. Que the Quel'delar quest chain and the Sunwell is full of both High and Blood elves. So there had to be a reconciliation between Quel'thalas and a number of High Elven groups for that to happen. Hell the leader of Allerian Stronghold is standing right next to the Sunwell and proclaims the time for the friction between the two to be over when a Blood elf purifies the blade.

Which we also know did (or very likely) happen since the wielder shown in game is Liadrin. Plus a number of blue eyed elves being shown with the Blood elves, even if Blizzard claims them to be mistakes. A) They keep happening and B) They never seem to fix it. So it's more than likely that Vereesa and the Silver Covenant are the only hold outs left.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    You do understand quest givers can be wrong right?

Characters in the Warcraft novels have been wrong about how they perceive situations, not everything a quest giver says is 100% spot on.
    I'm not basing this off of a single source, I mentioned it because someone countered my argument saying that the Outland High elves actually wanted to rejoin the Blood elves, which was false. I have the actual interpretation that quest NPC gave.

I mean I don't get this. You sound like you are making excuses for both NPCs and novels, and we haven't even touched the novels yet. At least, I haven't.

If it means anything, I doubt Alleria would side with either faction, and would instead be neutral with the 'Army of Light', and be above such prejudice, but she has no real reason to join the Horde (if anything, quite a few not to) and quite a few to join Alliance. This whole thread is based off of a big 'what if' scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS: Most of the Blood elf/High elf rivalry and hatred occurred in WotLK, after the Sunwell was restored. Let's conveniently ignore that, too. The high elves despise the blood elves and vice versa, there have never really been any exceptions. They follow entirely different core beliefs in every way. The fact the sunwell was restored did not magically make the Blood elves and high elves buddies again. Sorry to burst any bubbles about this.
    Completely different group of HElves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But that was before the Sunwell reignited and likely the elves in the Stronghold were given a ton of misinformation by the alliance. Que the Quel'delar quest chain and the Sunwell is full of both High and Blood elves. So there had to be a reconciliation between Quel'thalas and a number of High Elven groups for that to happen. Hell the leader of Allerian Stronghold is standing right next to the Sunwell and proclaims the time for the friction between the two to be over when a Blood elf purifies the blade.

Which we also know did (or very likely) happen since the wielder shown in game is Liadrin. Plus a number of blue eyed elves being shown with the Blood elves, even if Blizzard claims them to be mistakes. A) They keep happening and B) They never seem to fix it. So it's more than likely that Vereesa and the Silver Covenant are the only hold outs left.
    There is a short story where the Ranger General (correct me if I am wrong) goes to the Quel'thalas lodge to inform them the Sunwell was restored, and they threaten to murder them on the spot.

The only point I can think of where Blood elves and High elves were working together, was Zul'Gurub, and a brief period of time in Dalaran during MoP. That's not a lot of strong evidence supporting their reconciliation.

Regardless, if they did reconcile, it wouldn't mean Alleria would join the Horde over the Alliance, it would mean she would be neutral rather than Alliance. Which is, personally, what I would expect her to be. Like Khadgar -- more interested in the greater good than petty factional strife, if the stuff about the Army of Light is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely different group of HElves.
    That's kind of the point, buddy. This isn't a perspective shared by a single group of high elves.

That's kind of the point, buddy. This isn't a perspective shared by a single group of high elves.
    That particular group is meaningless now anyway, they have become wretched.

Almost none of the rivalry occurred in WotLK. The most of that we've seen was Vereesa getting salty about Sunreavers being allowed into Dalaran after which she started to call herself Ranger General. So yes, let's conveniently ignore that because this claim of yours is bogus. And that still doesn't change the fact that Alleria still hasn't been around during that time and as such this conflict is meaningless to her. And the High Elves don't follow "entirely different core beliefs in every way". The conflict was exclusively about draining mana from live creatures. Nothing else. With exception of Vereesa, who started hating her own race because of actions of a single individual that was her cousin.

The questline expressed nothing else than the speculation of that NPC in regards to what Sylvanas wanted to get the Scythe for.

Sure, I'll admit I was stretching the genocide thing a bit, but it isn't that big of a stretch. She was literally doing this, and the Horde side never expressed it because Cataclysm was all about justifying your faction's actions and making the other side look like the bad guys.
    What was she literally doing? Genocide?

Try playing through Gilneas or Silverpine Forest. And just wait until Stormheim when the racial hatreds really heat up.
    Stormheim, where Sylvanas herself mostly ignores the faction conflict and pursues her own goal, with Genn following her like dog shit stuck to her shoe?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I have many times, And I remember the pre cata quests as well, Sylvanas and her undying hatred of Worgen is no where to be found.

Her hatred of Genn and his worgen has little to do with them being Worgen.

Yet no one seems to have any valid reasoning why other than they disagree with me.
    you know, except those pesky points Aquamonkey keeps posting.

Again, im not arguing for Alleria to be Horde. But anyone who says "all she knows is on the Alliance" is talking out of their ass bigtime. People seem to forget just how similar Alleria acted to the Blood elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I'm not basing this off of a single source, I mentioned it because someone countered my argument saying that the Outland High elves actually wanted to rejoin the Blood elves, which was false. I have the actual interpretation that quest NPC gave.
    But... the post of yours Melsiren was replying to was about the Worgen and you haven't replied to the point about the High Elves wanting to rejoin Blood Elves whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You were talking about the HElves in Outland...
    everything the high elves from Outlands believe in (who do you think they got it from?),
    Funny, they want to re-unify with the BElves. Their homeland is more important (this part even applies to Vereesa, the most anti-BElf person there is).

The only point I can think of where Blood elves and High elves were working together, was Zul'Gurub, and a brief period of time in Dalaran during MoP. That's not a lot of strong evidence supporting their reconciliation.
    Once more, Auric Sunchaser. The leader of Alleria's team of High Elves in her absence. Not only is he strong evidence, but he's also evidence towards the most important group of High Elves in the context of Alleria.

Regardless, if they did reconcile, it wouldn't mean Alleria would join the Horde over the Alliance, it would mean she would be neutral rather than Alliance. Which is, personally, what I would expect her to be. Like Khadgar -- more interested in the greater good than petty factional strife, if the stuff about the Army of Light is true.
    Again, just because some High Elves are loyal to the Alliance doesn't mean anything. Pointing out High Elves wanting reconciliation was just a bonus. The main point is that while they may or may not be loyal to Alliance, it matters squat for Alleria because she herself has never been.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    you know, except those pesky points Aquamonkey keeps posting.
    Your words hurt me :3

her non-psychotic sister
    Lol.

And on the Horde, we have ... wishful thinking, and a sister that thinks murder and genocide are totally cool as first resorts.
    Really? That's exactly how I'd describe Vereesa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well her husband is pro alliance person. Her living sister is alliance. Her son is alliance. I believe she will pick family over friends and homeland. She will be stupid if she pick other vise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well her husband is pro alliance person.
    That's not her real husband, he's just her work husband.