Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Cry over this?

Try doing +55 hours a week.
    Its not really about the hours. Most people dont count the time it takes to get to work, get ready, dressed, get home etc. That could easily make those 8h days into 10h ones. Im probably working at least 50-60h a week but it doesnt feel like more cause I dont have to do any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    Nice advice. I think I'll just try out a variety of different jobs and see which one I can tolerate.
    Just get a job as a third shift security guard. Sit at a desk and play video games all night and then sleep all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Ask adamshadow how to get on benefits.
    He is British. You dont get on benefits, you are born on them.

Some people luck into jobs where they don't have to do very much, but they often don't feel very secure. Some even quit these jobs cause they are bored.

Paramedics in a small town often don't have much to do but I guess it can really exciting really fast, car wreck, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I suggest you try to get the Magic Lifestyle Fairy to wave a magic wand so you can live without actually having an income.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Become your own boss. Start a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you're in Europe you can go on social welfare and become a burden on society. You could also try immigrating there.
    unemployment isnt a burden.... know whats a burden ? if Banks playing with Money they dont have and lose that.

paying unemployed people is a JOKE compared to the Real shit going on

I don't have a plan to live, so maybe just homeless then or leech off family.
    I assume you already have someone willing to take you in for an apprenticeship or have already started learning programming for gaming?

If the answer is no to both then you are going to lead a very difficult life and I'd suggest getting a gun, some ammo, a tent, a fishing pole, bait and living off the land. Just don't expect an easy life in any form and hope for a healthy life or it's going to get really rough on you.

Don't expect people to put up with a leech for very long so you should have a backup plan. No one likes a leech and you'll lose your friends very quickly because of you taking advantage of them selfishly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Well if he's gay or at least "gay for pay" he can use a number of your "female" options too!

- marry some old rich fucker.
    - have guys pay you for dates.
    - sell used jockstraps.
    - become a cam boy.
    - string beta guys along and have them pay your bills.
    Very true. His sexuality is indeed a boon if he is male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Go into a very lucrative field making 100k a year, live very simply and invest the bulk of it (70%+) in index mutual funds (rental homes/apartments can work too if you enjoy managing those). Retire after 10-15 years when your investment returns can fund your simple lifestyle for 60 years or more (you can check using simulations). If you're paid less you either work longer or life even more simply.
    I'll need to look into what you're talking about. As I have no idea what index mutual funds are and know nothing about retiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I make $40,000 from welfare. Just fake a mental illness
    Being into anime isn't faking a mental illness though

But seriously, you have two (sort of three but third one is not that great) - a) toughen up, b) kill yourself, c) become a hobo.

Choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Welcome to the hell called Eastern Yuropoore.

Even the so called ''refugees'' don't want to come here.
    STALKER is not just a game, it`s our way of life. #YOLO
    Gain some skills and try to emigrate to Canada or another tier 1 country.

Seems strange that everyone just accepts it despite not wanting to do it. This reminds me of Fight Club.
    It seems strange to you that people just accept they need/want things to live and just "accept" they hsve to work for them? So we should all not work and then where do things come from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a low-mid level job in IT, if you can.

60% of the day is spent screwing around playing mobile/handheld games or doing whatever else you want. The other 40 you're handling problems that, being a person who (I assume) frequently uses and maintains their own computer, can fix in a breeze.

Easy money, easy life.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just get a job as a third shift security guard. Sit at a desk and play video games all night and then sleep all day.
    In doing that now! XD.

And I'm here with you guys. Except in getting paid for this.

Pro tip. 10-6 am. And over weekend. Try and get doubles too so you can have 3-4 days off.

the hell is with americans and nine to five? I work from 15 to 23 almost every day
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wow. That's a good bit of advice to see society crumble.
    I do try

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Some people luck into jobs where they don't have to do very much, but they often don't feel very secure. Some even quit these jobs cause they are bored.

Paramedics in a small town often don't have much to do but I guess it can really exciting really fast, car wreck, etc.
    I don't know how I'd live with a boring job. I only have one life, why would I spend roughly a third of it doing mindless/boring stuff?

I never understood that. People have jobs, they work hard all their life and if they're lucky, they get to enjoy maybe ten, twenty years of freedom. I mean, that's horrible.

Surely there has to be a better alternative that does neither involve living on the back of others or wasting your life at a soul-crushing job.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Get a low-mid level job in IT, if you can.

60% of the day is spent screwing around playing mobile/handheld games or doing whatever else you want. The other 40 you're handling problems that, being a person who (I assume) frequently uses and maintains their own computer, can fix in a breeze.

Easy money, easy life.
    Yeah. But most employers want a degree and certifications out the asshole. Shit that they don't even have. IT is a great field, but the industry has intentionally made it hard for anyone to get into.

So it's easier said than done. It's like medical school. I have yet to meet a physician that needed calculus for work. Yet they gotta take that shit cause reasons.