Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Coming in here and saying DKs do top tier DPS while ignoring WW, Assassination, Havoc and Enhancement really tells me you haven't seen much on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Coming in here and saying DKs do top tier DPS while ignoring WW, Assassination, Havoc and Enhancement really tells me you haven't seen much on beta.
    I've seen every class in all situations, for months. Dk's are top tier dps. I couldn't give a fuck about other classes because it's not relevant to the discussion.

So, do we have a source on this DA removal?

Deleted
    never even used clawing shadows a 30yd melee ability sounded retarded to me ive always played castigator

- - - Updated - - -

this is a dk foru mwhy would we care about other classes, ive mained dk since 2008 and i continue to do so , only other class ive played was warrior from classic to wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I've seen every class in all situations, for months. Dk's are top tier dps. I couldn't give a fuck about other classes because it's not relevant to the discussion.
    Basically saying, lalalalalalalal don't care DKs best even though ignoring the other clear outliers, got it.

Unholy is one of, if not the top plate melee and competing with all the classes you've listed. The disadvantage it has now is mobility while all these specs have much better mobility except possibly enhancement but they're doing the same/more damage. That's a problem overall. But DK specs are both doing well on beta atm.

I don't care that CS got nerfed.

Changes that happen behind my back just pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

I don't think it was intentionally done behind peoples back. I think they fucked up, had a miscommunication and pushed stuff earlier than they anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Unholy is one of, if not the top plate melee and competing with all the classes you've listed. The disadvantage it has now is mobility while all these specs have much better mobility except possibly enhancement but they're doing the same/more damage. That's a problem overall. But DK specs are both doing well on beta atm.
    I have been saying the exact same thing but got no reaction. You have a class that has no mobility compared to the other melee yet in terms of dps (whilst it good), other highly mobile classes can match it in dps or do even better (I am watching you demon hunters).

In any rpg, classes have strengths and weaknesses. The obvious weakness of DKs is mobility. One would assume the strength would be undeniably superior dps. But that is not the case. It is good dps, but not stronger enough compared to other melee to justify the lack of mobility. In fact in some cases it is not at all superior to other melee.

That is a reason why one has to consider, beside fantasy, if it is worth it to sacrifice mobility for no gains.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I have been saying the exact same thing but got no reaction. You have a class that has no mobility compared to the other melee yet in terms of dps (whilst it good), other highly mobile classes can match it in dps or do even better (I am watching you demon hunters).

In any rpg, classes have strengths and weaknesses. The obvious weakness of DKs is mobility. One would assume the strength would be undeniably superior dps. But that is not the case. It is good dps, but not stronger enough compared to other melee to justify the lack of mobility. In fact in some cases it is not at all superior to other melee.

That is a reason why one has to consider, beside fantasy, if it is worth it to sacrifice mobility for no gains.
    That is exactly how I feel and what makes it so hard for me to really decide on playing DK as main coming Legion. When I compare this class to my fury warrior or even WW monk there is a huge gap in the mobility department and I don't see how a bit more survability via corpse shield or dots that can be applied from range (and aoe with epidemic) can outweigh this huge disadvantage being a slowpoke which makes anything in mythic+ and raiding SO MUCH more difficult.

"Class Fantasy"

No class deserves "superior DPS", what we do have however is some of the best defensive CD's in the game and we are easily the tankiest out of the Plate melee. AMS is strong with a low CD and IBF is pretty decent especially when you factor in that we generally layer it with AMS or Corpse Shield. People blow the mobility argument out of proportion, we still deal disease damage and pet damage from range and can even DC if we have the RP for it or Epidemic which is hilariously strong and easy to use.

Unholy is one of the best specs in a real world raiding environment atm, that's undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

My issue is that Unholy didnt need it. So im hoping for compensation tuning. CS needed a nerf. But Unholy did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    No class deserves "superior DPS", what we do have however is some of the best defensive CD's in the game and we are easily the tankiest out of the Plate melee. AMS is strong with a low CD and IBF is pretty decent especially when you factor in that we generally layer it with AMS or Corpse Shield. People blow the mobility argument out of proportion, we still deal disease damage and pet damage from range and can even DC if we have the RP for it or Epidemic which is hilariously strong and easy to use.

Unholy is one of the best specs in a real world raiding environment atm, that's undeniable.
    This is the sentiment that worries me

are we championing here for the spec to be the best plate DPS in the game? or are we championing for the spec to be balanced among all Plate/Melee DPS.

I say this because im assuming Death advance (passive) is being removed to bring Unholy more in line with Frost (because Unholy was not on par with any other melee in mobility to being with), and that CS is being nerfed to bring Unholy's ranged down more in line with Frosts and that Epidemic change is being done to firstly give the talent some form of actual balance and secondly bring it in line with general AoE dmg balance.

From what we have seen Unholy's ranged dmg just took a hit with CS, Unholy's AoE dmg just took a hit with Epidemic/CS+DnD, and Unholy's QoL in Death Advance is about to take another hit. It looks like they are trying to balance the DK specs against each other (which is fair) but im worried the end result is that we have 2 DPS specs that are extremely uninviting to play. I dont want to see Unholy brought down too Frost lvl BECAUSE frost is so Mythic unfriendly from a design and QoL point of view i would much rather Frost share Unholy's perks than Unholy be dragged down to hell (pun intended) with frost.

what im saying is if the next change to Unholy is Corpse shield now only redirects 25%-35% of dmg to your ghoul (effectively annexing Unholys utility over Frost) sure they 2 specs owuld be balanced within a vaccum of themselves but will whats left be worth playing over any of the melee outside the DK class?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post

are we championing here for the spec to be the best plate DPS in the game? or are we championing for the spec to be balanced among all Plate/Melee DPS.
    Pretty much this. You say as a plate dps we are ok but then DHs WWs and Rogues have much more movement and their defensive CDs are mostly on paar with ours while their damage can't be called worse either. And with the artifact system working out, you can pretty much end up digging your grave with choosing dk to main (pun semi-inteded).

At least thats how I see it feel free to tell me otherwise I've done my part playing the beta, but won't say I'm that much knowledgeable on meele class balance/potential on the full spectrum.

The latter, if not all DPS. All classes should be balanced, it never works out that way but that's the way it should be.

I say this because im assuming Death advance (passive) is being removed to bring Unholy more in line with Frost (because Unholy was not on par with any other melee in mobility to being with), and that CS is being nerfed to bring Unholy's ranged down more in line with Frosts and that Epidemic change is being done to firstly give the talent some form of actual balance and secondly bring it in line with general AoE dmg balance.
    Epidemic is ridiculous, it's still ridiculous with the change. The Death's Advance change I would imagine is indeed to make Frost not feel like it's just worse in every single way to Unholy.

From what we have seen Unholy's ranged dmg just took a hit with CS, Unholy's AoE dmg just took a hit with Epidemic/CS+DnD, and Unholy's QoL in Death Advance is about to take another hit. It looks like they are trying to balance the DK specs against each other (which is fair) but im worried the end result is that we have 2 DPS specs that are extremely uninviting to play. I dont want to see Unholy brought down too Frost lvl BECAUSE frost is so Mythic unfriendly from a design and QoL point of view i would much rather Frost share Unholy's perks than Unholy be dragged down to hell (pun intended) with frost.
    DnD cleave is a bug. If you don't like the way DK plays though, play something else. That's not a "you clearly" diss but common sense, if you don't like a class then don't play it.

what im saying is if the next change to Unholy is Corpse shield now only redirects 25%-35% of dmg to your ghoul (effectively annexing Unholys utility over Frost) sure they 2 specs owuld be balanced within a vaccum of themselves but will whats left be worth playing over any of the melee outside the DK class?
    Unholy has CS to potentially cheese mechanics for the raid, Frost has Mirror Ball and White Walker to turn Wraith Walk into a defensive. Both should be pretty effective at ignoring raid damage when played right.

15+ Year Old Account
    The saddest part of all these nerfs is that , they wont be reverted when legion launches, most likely until next minor patch or after progression in the first raid.

White walker is a pvp talent. I highly highly doubt that will be used as a "raid cooldown" for utility. That's such a stupid argument for frost.

Good lord. This is the pre-patch for crying out loud! Legion isn't even out yet and people are already crying over nerfs.
    Stop running around saying that the sky is falling, Chicken Little!

Deleted
    Was dark transformation nerfed as well or is it just a tooltip fix? Its 320% increased dmg on live and 200% on beta.