7+ Year Old Account

Issue with Prat 3

Hey guys,

I currently use Prat 3.0 as my chat addon, but there is a problem with it that's been bugging me lately and I wanted to see if you guys can help me solve it.

Basically the issue is, let's say a real ID friend named "Chris" whispered me something.

After I log out, and log back in, I can still see the whisper however the name "Chris" is instead substituted by another random name of one of my real ID friends.

Any solutions to this?

Regards,
    Krixer.

This is part of the chat history plugin and it works like this on all addons I believe. I don't think there is a fix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    This is part of the chat history plugin and it works like this on all addons I believe. I don't think there is a fix.
    Oh I see.

Thank you mate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Prat is so 2009. Choose from any of the following addons instead: http://vranx.com/chat.htm

I highly recommend Chatter or PhanxChat.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Prat is so 2009. Choose from any of the following addons instead: http://vranx.com/chat.htm
    Prat is on the list you linked too

Prat works fine for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Prat is on the list you linked too

Prat works fine for me.
    Yup Prat works fine for me as well.

The only issue with it turned out to be a chat history plugin and not Prat.

TBH people are correct in saying prat is not very good. Its way too resource heavy for a chat addon. I use basic chat mods and it does pretty much everything prat does except its a 45kb addon and prat is 1mb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately nowadays having 4 gig, 8 gig, hell, even 16 gig of RAM isn't a rarity. So that whopping 1 meg is less than a drop in the ocean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Fortunately nowadays having 4 gig, 8 gig, hell, even 16 gig of RAM isn't a rarity. So that whopping 1 meg is less than a drop in the ocean.
    Doing things inefficiently just because you have enough resources is the definition of bad programming.
    No, we don't have to code in assembly in 2016, but your programs will sure as hell run faster and leaner if you do.