Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

No need to, because you don't get anything for casting Mutilate during Envenom(at least as far as I know?).
    Until you ditch it, the class trinket improves Mutilate's crit chance after Envenom
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Your opener is wrong, I'll explain:
    Stealth -> Garrote -> Vendetta -> 2x Mutilate AND
    If you have 5 CP -> Use Hemo -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Ex
    If you have 6 CP -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Hemo -> Ex

No need to, because you don't get anything for casting Mutilate during Envenom(at least as far as I know?).

350k burst and 80k sustained is not that bad actually.
    We were trying mythic archimonde tonight(the best try was about ~30%) and I was doing ~250k brust DPS and ~90k sustained. Can you post your logs just in case?
    but you dont loose energy regain with this opener?
    isnt better garrote-> rupture-> normal rotation until garrote CD and then use CDs?
    and mutilate dont apply deadly poison?

?
    you know we still have deadly poison right?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    but you dont loose energy regain with this opener?
    isnt better garrote-> rupture-> normal rotation until garrote CD and then use CDs?
    and mutilate dont apply deadly poison?
    What energy regain? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Until you ditch it, the class trinket improves Mutilate's crit chance after Envenom
    It's not that good trinket for assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you know we still have deadly poison right?
    Yeah, but bleeds are more important.

What energy regain? o_O

It's not that good trinket for assassination.

from rupture, if you do mut->mut->maybe hemo->rupture instead rupture-> mut ->... you loose 1 tick/ 1.5 ticks
    so you loose, if talented, 10/15 energy

the two arent mutually exclusive, you can still pool for envenom, you wont lose bleed uptime

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    from rupture, if you do mut->mut->maybe hemo->rupture instead rupture-> mut ->... you loose 1 tick/ 1.5 ticks
    so you loose, if talented, 10/15 energy
    I have no idea what are you talking about.
    I was talking about opener:
    Garrote -> Vendetta -> Mut + Mut + Hemo(if 5 CP, if not then skip) -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Hemo(if had 6 CP with 2 muts+garrote) -> Exs.

At least that's what I'm doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    the two arent mutually exclusive, you can still pool for envenom, you wont lose bleed uptime
    Sorry, didn't understand the question. But yeah -> it's okay to pool energy for that, though it's a small DPS gain.

Deleted
    Just tried it on a dummy, got pretty insane numbers.

I was doing 170k~ burst before with:

Stealth>Garrote>Hemo>Mut x2>Vanish>Rupture>Vendetta>Exs.

With your opener, I went to 230k~. Thx !

I have no idea what are you talking about.
    I was talking about opener:
    Garrote -> Vendetta -> Mut + Mut + Hemo(if 5 CP, if not then skip) -> Vanish -> Rupture -> Hemo(if had 6 CP with 2 muts+garrote) -> Exs.

At least that's what I'm doing right now.

hes talking about using the "pandemic" opener, which uses rupture 2 globals earlier thus granting an extra tick of it(+10 energy) and anyway it makes more of the exsanguinate so it's recommended to use that opener

garrote->vendetta->hemo->rupture-> muti muti vanish rupture exsang this way you exsang a 36 sec rupture instead of a 28 sec one
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-07-31 at 11:41 PM.

Rupture doesn't do any more damage per tick if you cast it at more combo points. If BotA procs on a low CP rupture, you won't lose any damage as long as you refresh rupture before or expires. Assassination also lost ruthlessness, so there's really no reason not to do a low CP rupture during the opener to prepare for a long nightstalker rupture exsanguinate.

How does the heirloom trinket compared with the Malicious Censer and Skull of War for the second trinket of Assassination? I heard some people use heirloom trinket for against and not against demons.

Tracking Charm and Skull are basically equal against Demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I appreciate your answer, but I think you'll find that this been changed (on icy veins too) after the initial 2 days, where theorycrafting was still ongoing for new talents at 100, without artifact. The 2-3 cp weak-rup is, as far as I've understood to get the maximum duration possible on the Exsan-rup.

The numbers I mentioned is without consumables on dummy.

My logs are: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...2179778/latest

Maybe it's down to getting comfortable with it for me, I just feel that I do really bad, and the distance up to top logs have never been higher.

Hi!

Returning player here after unsubbing a couple of months after WoD release.

I am currently enjoying the Assassination spec, but have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

The spec seems to have changed a lot, and I am trying to work out a good way of playing.

I am very casual, won't be doing much raiding. Mythic dungeons are probably the most challenging content I'll be attempting in Legion.

All that said:

Does everyone use Hemorrage? I don't really like the mechanic, are the other options in that talent tier a straight up DPS loss? I was hoping to use the one that passively boosts my poison damage, as I like the poison theme of the spec.
    Last edited by Ryft; 2016-08-01 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Hi!

Returning player here after unsubbing a couple of months after WoD release.

I am currently enjoying the Assassination spec, but have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

The spec seems to have changed a lot, and I am trying to work out a good way of playing.

I am very casual, won't be doing much raiding. Mythic dungeons are probably the most challenging content I'll be attempting in Legion.

All that said:

Does everyone use Hemorrage? I don't really like the mechanic, are the other options in that talent tier a straight up DPS loss? I was hoping to use the one that passively boosts my poison damage, as I like the poison theme of the spec.
    I'm sorry to tell you that poisons are very far from being the central mechanic of the spec. It's all about bleeds. Don't ask me why Blizz wants it that way but it is obvious they do. And this will probably not change before we get Kingsbane in Legion AND Blizzard decides to nerf bleeds and buff poisons. Depending on what you are doing (quests, solo content, pvp, raids?) you can still skip Hemo of course but Rupture will still be your #1 source of damage which makes Hemo the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you that poisons are very far from being the central mechanic of the spec. It's all about bleeds. Don't ask me why Blizz wants it that way but it is obvious they do. And this will probably not change before we get Kingsbane in Legion AND Blizzard decides to nerf bleeds and buff poisons. Depending on what you are doing (quests, solo content, pvp, raids?) you can still skip Hemo of course but Rupture will still be your #1 source of damage which makes Hemo the best choice.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification! I still enjoy the spec so I will find a way of making it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for the clarification! I still enjoy the spec so I will find a way of making it work.
    For 5-mans, I think you will enjoy Outlaw alot to be honest. I know I like it more than I expected

I actually think without the Exsanguinate mechanic, this spec would be very boring.
    So although this adds a bit more complexity, try to think about it in a positive way.

Also, Exsanguinate is a fun ability, when you use it, you usually see the health of the enemy just DROP.
    It really makes you feel like he's bleeding out.

Can confirm that alacrity and agonizing are very very boring on a dummy.
    I'd anyone else concerned with the rampant overcapping of CPs from double mutilate crits? Because unless I get to 5 cp and need to refresh hemo I'm either dumping weaker finishers or losing a bunch of CP. I havent looked in to hemo vs 3 lost CP in terms of damage loss though.

I should be more clear l. I wouldn't Mut at 5 CP. But even at 3 or 4 a double critical loses some CP. I guess we go back to using 5 CP and 6 if we get lucky like the dark days before anticipation.
    Last edited by TheRogue; 2016-08-01 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Hemp lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoyo View Post
    Hey, I appreciate your answer, but I think you'll find that this been changed (on icy veins too) after the initial 2 days, where theorycrafting was still ongoing for new talents at 100, without artifact. The 2-3 cp weak-rup is, as far as I've understood to get the maximum duration possible on the Exsan-rup.
    Thanks for that, it's seems that I'm a slowpoke. Will try it myself tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoyo View Post
    Maybe it's down to getting comfortable with it for me, I just feel that I do really bad, and the distance up to top logs have never been higher.
    I have the same feeling...

Pre-patch:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...948107/latest/
    Didn't have enchants/gems/trinkets(died, and it was overall bad raid ), but still pretty low compared to WoD:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...t/#partition=1
    (as I said, will try mythics tonight with enchants/gems/trinkets etc. and see how it goes)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-08-01 at 02:59 PM.