Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In case of GoSup - Meteor Strike procs Lord of Flames.

Of course it means you can't use Meteor Strike unless you mean to summon buddies, but it's a small loss because Meteor Strike is shit anyway.

Thing with Lord of Flames is that people do not quite realize just how powerful it is. Especially for leveling and Suramar, it is a life saver in Suramar when you get spotted in a really bad place and you will get spotted in a really bad place one way or another.
    I want to ask about this... The infernal is a Tanky pet, so, the other infernals summoned by LoF are Tanky too? And by Tanky i mean, generate a lot of aggro and can take 4 or 5 punch?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do not use Supremacy, I run with Sac and summon Voidwalker when I need some tanking occasionally like some specific 5 man world elites or when I got myself in trouble, so I do not know whether they offtank stuff or not.

A few pages back people were talking about chaos bolt doing maybe 400k damage in pvp like that was a lot. So, you're saying it makes sense that you can spec for multiple damage boosting cds, use all of them at one, hope for a useful mastery proc, and still do less damage than a rising sun kick?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I find it quite interesting how Blizzard was so intent on minimizing the mobility of Destruction but yet through the current Legion spec changes has given rise to the Shadowburn spam talent build. Unless they go back on their word (which they won't) I can only see this ending with something unpleasant like:

1. Shadowburn damage being nerfed stupendously into the ground, effectively making it just a utility spell for generating Shards on quick dying adds.

2. Giving Shadowburn a cast time like they did Rain of Fire or Shadowfury, effectively neutering its mobility.

3. BOTH!!!

Whichever dev majority has been collectively pushing out these Destro mechanics changes since WoD definitely needs to step away from the discussion table and let cooler heads prevail for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    I find it quite interesting how Blizzard was so intent on minimizing the mobility of Destruction but yet through the current Legion spec changes has given rise to the Shadowburn spam talent build. Unless they go back on their word (which they won't) I can only see this ending with something unpleasant like:

1. Shadowburn damage being nerfed stupendously into the ground, effectively making it just a utility spell for generating Shards on quick dying adds.

2. Giving Shadowburn a cast time like they did Rain of Fire or Shadowfury, effectively neutering its mobility.

3. BOTH!!!

Whichever dev majority has been collectively pushing out these Destro mechanics changes since WoD definitely needs to step away from the discussion table and let cooler heads prevail for once.
    They already gave explicit explanation what Shadowburn is meant to be, which is mobility and shard snipe... and this is what it is really, Chaos Bolt takes off quite a bit once you get geared at 110.

The only balance they will give too it is if it will encroach on Chaos Bolt territory too much, which right now it probably won't.

Has anyone on the beta had a chance to play with the Magistrike Restraints legendary? It's the one that gives CB a chance to cleave itself all on its own.

Does it work with Havoc? For each bolt cast? Does that mean I can potentially get four CBs for the price of one?

Deleted
    That moment when you join your guild with 0 Tomes and you spec into Roaring Blaze on Hellfire Assault HC.

I think my /dance did more damage....

Talking about shadowburn, I made a new lock for fun and when I got Shadowburn at 15 I started soloing instances by spamming this spell only. It was one or two shooting mobs in the instance. And always full of shards. nice :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Talking about shadowburn, I made a new lock for fun and when I got Shadowburn at 15 I started soloing instances by spamming this spell only. It was one or two shooting mobs in the instance. And always full of shards. nice :P
    Pretty much same thing at 110 when you have gear doing world quests. Shadowburn Shadowburn Shadowburn Shadowburn...

I personally do not use Supremacy, I run with Sac and summon Voidwalker when I need some tanking occasionally like some specific 5 man world elites or when I got myself in trouble, so I do not know whether they offtank stuff or not.
    I was thinking more for a "OH GOD, THE TANK DIE" button. A few secs with no aggro in those cases could be a lifesaver for the entire 5man party or raid group...

Shadowburn + Mana Tap is a really strong and hated combo, and when you stack between Conflagrate and GoSac, is even more stronger... I havent tried myselft, im still without pc, but those are comment i have been reading in other forums.
    Last edited by Bjarkan; 2016-08-01 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    That moment when you join your guild with 0 Tomes and you spec into Roaring Blaze on Hellfire Assault HC.

I think my /dance did more damage....
    You don't just eat snacks during that "fight"?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post

3. BOTH!!!

I guarantee that if people preferentially use Shadowburn over Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn will get nerfed through the floor

because (a) they don't want any warlock build to have mobility, they want it to be immobile and rely on survivability (which won;t mean anything in Mythic modes where you will get one-shot regardless) and (b) Blizzard historically hate,absolutely hate, any spec build or rotation that lets you ignore or minimise a top tier talent because a lower tier one is in any way better

I remember in Wrath (where you could still borrow other spec's talents) there was a hybrid demo-destruction one I (along with many others) came up with, where you used demo's felguard, ignored Chaos Bolt and spammed incinerate

It lasted about three days before they hammered it into the ground, didn;t even make it to live

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    they want it to be immobile and rely on survivability (which won;t mean anything in Mythic modes where you will get one-shot regardless)
    That's just incorrect, I am doing at the moment +9 and +10 in PuGs and dying is never my problem, yet people die around right and left - you underestimate the survivability Warlocks got, I literally block whole mechanics by tanking through them with some CD even there. Soul Leech, Dark Pact, Unending Resolve all insane survivability boosters and Dark Pact/Resolve is 1 min CD so you don't even need to save them, just merrily use these to block mechanics or literally stop all damage for 20 seconds, because with my ilvl 858 - Dark Pact is a frikkin 1.7 million HP shield and can block mechanics that oneshot everyone else like Ragnarok, Lightning Storm or Soul Explosion shit in BRH first boss even at high mythic.

Fun part - shield we have passively with Demon Skin is stronger than bloody Mage Ice Barrier or Spriest PWS and you refill it fast.

You seriously need to fuckup majorly to die as a warlock in Mythic+.

That's just incorrect, I am doing at the moment +9 and +10 in PuGs and dying is never my problem, yet people die around right and left - you underestimate the survivability Warlocks got, I literally block whole mechanics by tanking through them with some CD even there. Soul Leech, Dark Pact, Unending Resolve all insane survivability boosters and Dark Pact/Resolve is 1 min CD so you don't even need to save them, just merrily use these to block mechanics or literally stop all damage for 20 seconds, because with my ilvl 858 - Dark Pact is a frikkin 1.7 million HP shield and can block mechanics that oneshot everyone else like Ragnarok, Lightning Storm or Soul Explosion shit in BRH first boss even at high mythic.

Fun part - shield we have passively with Demon Skin is stronger than bloody Mage Ice Barrier or Spriest PWS and you refill it fast.

You seriously need to fuckup majorly to die as a warlock in Mythic+.
    Yeah, exaggerations by posters who don't know what they're talking about do these boards and its visitors a disservice. at ilvl 857 on beta I have 2MM HP. I have a 20% absorb shield. I get dark pact at about 1MM with sacrifice.

The poster you quoted contends that every mechanic hits for ~3.5MM damage. That's what it takes to one-shot me, approximately. It's just sort of laughable the level of mis-representation, because there are exceedingly few mechanics that hit that hard, and those that do are the really obvious "you're really not supposed to get hit by this ever ever ever type things.

On another topic, I'm starting to find entropy/wreak havoc to be the combination I'm defaulting to for most mythics these days. At higher levels, tanks tend to pull less, and most pulls are 2-3 mobs. The true AoE packs that are there are kind of trivial anyway under most setups. Wreak havoc also helps deal with certain affixes way better (raging, volcanic, sanguine, necrotic), where every add that dies increases chance of success significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...IJIIAAAAAAAAAA

this is the path iam going by the time emerald nightmare opens up... I do not think trying to go for CoC and Residual Flames is a great idea after lrod of flames because when you go that path you gain 18% immolate dmg and conflag crit and some life drain crap. If you go for Dimensional ripper after you get lord of flames and imp you get Soulsnatcher, fire from the sky, Demonic Durability ,chaotic instability, and dimensional ripper lol... like the left side of the artifact weapon cannot beat out all the benefits of going from lord of flames to dimensional ripper its just illogical lol :]
    Fire from Sky seems a mistake to be taken over Master of Disaster since I don't see many fights at Emerald Nightmare where RoF will be plenty used.

Only if you are looking for a better build to Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Yeah, exaggerations by posters who don't know what they're talking about do these boards and its visitors a disservice. at ilvl 857 on beta I have 2MM HP. I have a 20% absorb shield. I get dark pact at about 1MM with sacrifice.

The poster you quoted contends that every mechanic hits for ~3.5MM damage. That's what it takes to one-shot me, approximately. It's just sort of laughable the level of mis-representation, because there are exceedingly few mechanics that hit that hard, and those that do are the really obvious "you're really not supposed to get hit by this ever ever ever type things.

On another topic, I'm starting to find entropy/wreak havoc to be the combination I'm defaulting to for most mythics these days. At higher levels, tanks tend to pull less, and most pulls are 2-3 mobs. The true AoE packs that are there are kind of trivial anyway under most setups. Wreak havoc also helps deal with certain affixes way better (raging, volcanic, sanguine, necrotic), where every add that dies increases chance of success significantly.

Actually more even, It's 2 mil HP baseline, 1.6 million Dark Pact and another 400k Soul Leech - 4 million, I also have Xavaric's Magnum Opus, another 310k HP shield running. Add to this Mastery (don't forget about that) and Unending Resolve - and you seriously can not die like EVER.

That's like 5 million + effective HP before Unending Resolve. I can block ANY mechanic oneshot that exists in Mythic+10 let alone random damage, heck I usually do not even take damage from it, except for Dargrul's oneshot thing which can drop me low if I decide to be funny and just stand there taking it like a man.

The fact that Dark Pact lasts 20 seconds with 1 min CD (and Unending Resolve is also 1 min CD for Destruction uniquely), Soul Leech is constantly refilling alongside with Mastery constantly protecting you is like icing on a cake.

Compared to that all the mages, priests and other trash have maybe 1 or 2 defensive CDs that last for seconds and on twice the CD and make them being unable to do shit when they are up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Fire from Sky seems a mistake to be taken over Master of Disaster since I don't see many fights at Emerald Nightmare where RoF will be plenty used.

Only if you are looking for a better build to Mythic+
    By the time we get to Emerald Nightmare we will have artifact unlocked or close to that anyway, IMO Fire From Sky all the way - Master of Disaster is what... maybe like 1% damage boost in single target at 3/3, while stacked RoF is your only real way to do AoE damage.

Incinerate is simply pathetic, it's like 10% of your damage done at best. 9% of that is 1% total damage... woohoo. Boosting your filler, which is crap of crap emergency I have nothing else to do /sadface spell by 9% over RoF by 15% which is literally your main real AoE is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    A few pages back people were talking about chaos bolt doing maybe 400k damage in pvp like that was a lot. So, you're saying it makes sense that you can spec for multiple damage boosting cds, use all of them at one, hope for a useful mastery proc, and still do less damage than a rising sun kick?
    Ice lance cries for 600k and that is not even the highlight spell. Frost Mage is what Destruction supposed to be.

How they managed to revert this spec from a good flowing one to Cataclysm Destruction with weak direct damage and considerable dot is beyond me. Terrible design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You don't just eat snacks during that "fight"?
    Well obviously, especially at HC level instead of Mythic (wtb 19 friends).

But without SB, destro really can't do anything there even if you wanted to remove your dance animation....

Deleted

By the time we get to Emerald Nightmare we will have artifact unlocked or close to that anyway, IMO Fire From Sky all the way - Master of Disaster is what... maybe like 1% damage boost in single target at 3/3, while stacked RoF is your only real way to do AoE damage.

Incinerate is simply pathetic, it's like 10% of your damage done at best. 9% of that is 1% total damage... woohoo. Boosting your filler, which is crap of crap emergency I have nothing else to do /sadface spell by 9% over RoF by 15% which is literally your main real AoE is just silly.
    How much % of your total damage does Immolate do in Legion? I can't imagine that Residual Flames is not worth it over the ripper/chaos bolt traits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Well obviously, especially at HC level instead of Mythic (wtb 19 friends).

But without SB, destro really can't do anything there even if you wanted to remove your dance animation....
    Iunno, a well-timed Cata several times through the fight?

AFFLICTION is the spec that can't really do anything in this fight. "Oh, mobs spawned! I think I should cast my Seed of Corr-- ah well, nevermind, all dead".