Poll: Metal

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hard rock is one thing, but metal... bunch of screaming and inarticulate trash. Nope

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say a good 35ish% of players listen to metal on a daily basis while playing Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to be into metal when I was a teenager, but over the years my taste has evolved considerably. I can't really relate to most metal anymore, but I still listen to some hard rock and metal bands that are more bluesy or progressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like metal, but I also like techno/trance, happy hardcore, jazz, classic rock, classic-classic rock (like, Chuck Berry and Elvis-classic), orchestra, symphonic, and the Rat Pack. So, I mean, yeah. Metal's awesome, but I don't really consider myself a metalhead.

My shuffle playlists are the best kind of roulette.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Definitely a metal head, but also enjoy rock and many of its variations, blues, orchestra, some big band, and a handful of pop/country songs. Overall favorite band of all time is Iron Maiden.

I listen to metal but I never listen to music while I'm playing videogames.

I recommend Sabaton (particularly "The Art of War" and "Carolus Rex") to any WoW-playing metalheads who haven't heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, majority of my mates listens to dnb and ukg, but it doesn't mean that majority of wow players listens to dnb and ukg
    wth is dnb or ukg

dub nasty beats? United Kingdom Grunge?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I listen to metal but I never listen to music while I'm playing videogames.

I recommend Sabaton (particularly "The Art of War" and "Carolus Rex") to any WoW-playing metalheads who haven't heard them.
    I regret listening to Sabaton now. Thank you. /cringe

Deleted
    Metallica, slayer, Rammstein, Amon Amarth, motorhead just to throw in some of my favorite hell yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom Metal, Black Metal, Melodic Death Metal, etc. Lots of Draconian, Novembre, and Dark Tranquillity recently.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    wth is dnb or ukg

dub nasty beats? United Kingdom Grunge?
    Sorta, drum&bass and UK garage

I listen to all kinda of music, but my favorite is Metal. Give me some classic thrash or some prog metal and I am a happy man. You name it I probably have something from it.

And to all the people saying Metal is just incoherent screaming, I wont try make you a fan, but its a very ignorant statement. Its the same as saying Rap is nothing but gangster music. Please, at least try to put some thought into an argument before you reduce an entire genre into one tiny fraction of it's whole.

I listen to whatever I feel like listening to at any given moment. I try not to say I hate (insert genre here) because there are SOOOO many different styles and sounds within each category that it's impossible to describe them with just a few words.

Here is a sample of what I've listened to in the last couple of days while playing.

Fleetwood Mac
    Yes
    Motorhead
    Slayer
    Janis Ian
    Mighty Sam McClain (soul/gospel/blues mix)
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Napalm Death
    Semblant
    Epica
    Jewel
    Dead Kennedys

So, I try not to say I listen to 'everything' or just certain types. If I like it, I listen to it. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what i'm doing in game and what mood i am in. Something upbeat makes me PVP better, farming makes it less tedious. If i'm stressed out then chill out music

Deleted
    Yeah I always listen to impaled northern moonforest during WoW. Hail the Necrowizard! Grim and frostbitten \m/

I swear I do more DPS when a good metal playlist is on.

The lack of game sounds does make it harder to pay attention to mechanics but I'm usually waiting for the rest of the raid to catch up anyway so nbd.

I listen to metal from time to time, i'm not that into it though.

It annoys me how people describe metal only as overly screaming and thrashing, They are missing a major, major part of the genre and sub genres. there is a plethora of metal bands that have real composed sound, with really good lyrics.

Just a few examples i could think of. However of course one's choice of music is personal reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Barks View Post
    It annoys me how people describe metal only as overly screaming and thrashing, They are missing a major, major part of the genre and sub genres. there is a plethora of metal bands that have real composed sound, with really good lyrics.
    People who say that have seriously no idea what they are talking about.
    Metal is a huge genre. And while some bands are indeed that, and they make no effort to hide it, there is also bands like Symphony X. So, it's just best to avoid talking to this kind of person.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Mainly Prog an Power metal, but I listen to most genres of it. I usually have WoW's sound off to listen as I usually have music playing while I quest and such

i listen to classical music and metal. And sometimes combination of both called Symphonic Metal.