Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing that if I have issues getting my set bonus I'm going to have to suffer Loot For Retards because Blizzard decided that they needed raiders to carry the terribles again.

The change to Survival Hunters. That spec belongs with BM as it's got all the aspects and about bonding with your pet. It basically screams Rexxar, for the love of the Old Gods.

Taking dispatch away from Assassination. Blindside added something else to do besides spam mutilate. Garrote doesn't give that same satisfaction, frankly.

Follower missions again. Look, no matter how you slice it this is a garrison 2.0 . We have followers, they gain levels, you get beneficial shit from sending them out on missions. I've been messing around with it on the beta and it's still awful.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aketus View Post
    Just how exactly is this killing pugs? Am I missing something?
    I don't know, it will kill the "Mage Items" reserved bullshit and ninjalooting - maybe thats why some people are sad. The new personal loot is way better for pugs in my opinion, you can even trade the items if you want to.

That its not out yet.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should really get a "JL" symbol to appear in front of Jaylock-threads on the front page.

Biggest problem about something that haven't been released yet? And I got a feeling most of the people complaining about things in Legion, haven't even played Beta.

Geez.

However, after many hours of testing it live, the problem I got with it is that I kinda have to stick with my main if I don't want to fall behind too much on my Artifact. But we'll see how it turns out with catch up mechanics etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Honestly not a lot. So many good things from the looks of it.

If I had to pick a couple of problems, i'd say: The fact that it isn't viable to level as a DPS spec, then switch to heals (or tank) at 110. As someone who pretty much never plays DPS, i've always enjoyed the opportunity to level as a DPS so I get a bit of variety before switching back to heals. I understand healing is viable for levelling now, it is still very very dull to DPS as (As it should be).

Only other gripe would be that I think they either missed the mark with a few class changes, but other than that, it's looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    It's not out yet.
    Also:
    Instead of focusing on negative crap, what about focusing on the positives instead for once?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post

If I had to pick a couple of problems, i'd say: The fact that it isn't viable to level as a DPS spec, then switch to heals (or tank) at 110. As someone who pretty much never plays DPS, i've always enjoyed the opportunity to level as a DPS so I get a bit of variety before switching back to heals. I understand healing is viable for levelling now, it is still very very dull to DPS as (As it should be).
    It actually is, you can just save the AP items (you don't gain AP in any other way while leveling) and use it all at 110 for your prefered raid/dungeon spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post

Only other gripe would be that I think they either missed the mark with a few class changes, but other than that, it's looking good!
    That is not an issue on Beta. Healers can now level a lot easier than before due to tuning pre-110, and they can do more dmg than we are used to while leveling in previous expansions. You can also easily buy the first 13 ranks in your secondary spec without really gimping your main spec.

I need "everything" meme
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Because this looks like a WoD 2.0 with a somewhat resignated blizzard in terms of re-invention and creativity.

- Artifact weapons choices of gems are illusion of choice at best. Are you gonna choose 5% more AOE damage reduction or 7% more damage to your main ability as a gem? The choice is there, but in reality everyone is gonna choose the damage as a DPS. Same examples for every single class.

- Abilities taken away from your class and locked behind artifact, making you feel useless until much much later, not just statwise, but gameplay and fun-factor wise.

- A lot of time investment into grinding artifact power, with no news about alt-friendly systems, coupled with the fact you dont really know your class before your artifact is somewhat upgraded, can pigeonhole players into something they did not want, but cant really afford to swap back timewise if they are progressionraiders. (unless im misinformed)

- Garrions again. You can call it what you want, but it is garrison missions with a few outside dailies incorporated. Now i dont dislike garrions or the mission-system, but it feels like blizzard is clinging to it, and don't really see how they can re-invent it.

- Class halls. Sounds great, but will probably end up being desolate after some time like DK ones, unless they support them with a bit more than some quests.

At least the raids and lore have potential. The art of the zones seem really great, and a new class if balanced properly, is always welcome.'

What really gripes my guts is that they could have implemented some truly great things if they allowed themselves to steal a bit from other games.
    Reactive combat tanking from Tera, Dynamic meta events like GW2 (they could even improve on those), political system from Tera and the customization of your home region from Wildstar.
    I mean that is just a few examples, and there are tons more, if properly tuned for WoW, could make it more fresh and unique. They could not even keep their promise of content drought like Siege of Orgrimmar, but repeated it. I have little trust, but hope is always there, lets hope blizzard gets their shit together.

Deleted
    Dunno about Legion itself, but here are my problems about the pre-patch after starting several classes from level 1 with a starter edition.

1. Empty levels with no meaningful rewards.
    2. Dull pointless class specs
    3. no glyphs
    4. game breaking bugs that somehow weren't fixed during weeks of beta.
    5. Quest texts, npc dialogues and npc titles not agreeing on who the king of stormwind really is.
    6. Transmog not including the unique and not-ugly starting gear you get on the wanderingt isles or gilneas. And no transmog top hat.
    7. A lot of people seem to think that any complain is just nazi BS for the sake of negativity.

But I like the new xp bar.

Biggest problem is the fact that I can't play for more than 15-20 minutes without wanting to pass out or throw up. I can deal with change.. that part doesn't really bother me, I don't like all of it mind you (ret).. but I can deal with it. The nausea and dizzyness is NOT something you can just deal with. Game changer for sure. Have played maybe a total of 3 hours since patch.

Ret being savagely gutted and once more made worthless for raids is my biggest issue. Bad DPS, running slow, and no worthwhile utility is not fun. I don't want to be superman, but I want to be competitive with the other DPS classes.

No flying feels like a big F U to me coming back to the game after a couple of years off.

Not alt friendly at all from what I have discovered playing in beta (late invite, so that may not be as big an issue later as it seems now)

The only DH races being elvish races bugs me a lot, as I can't/won't play either one, so no DH for me until they change that. There is plenty of lore behind allowing at least one or two other races per faction in, and some excellent write ups detailing it.

Biggest thing - I'm not sold on the Broken Isles. If it's a Legion expansion with a Legion theme, why are wasting our time fighting some vrykul for some obviously forced story arc. I understand why it is how it is, but it could've been done better.

And little things. Russians are still grouped with EU for BGs and LFG. CRZ, just stop it already and just merge servers, people on low pop servers will deal with it and the whole 'but muh communituh' arguement is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MacMathan View Post
    Ret being savagely gutted and once more made worthless for raids is my biggest issue. Bad DPS, running slow, and no worthwhile utility is not fun. I don't want to be superman, but I want to be competitive with the other DPS classes.

No flying feels like a big F U to me coming back to the game after a couple of years off.

Not alt friendly at all from what I have discovered playing in beta (late invite, so that may not be as big an issue later as it seems now)

The only DH races being elvish races bugs me a lot, as I can't/won't play either one, so no DH for me until they change that. There is plenty of lore behind allowing at least one or two other races per faction in, and some excellent write ups detailing it.
    You come back to ret after a few years off and complaining it's in a bad state? Have you played ret before? The pendulum swings between useless and absurd with that spec.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Warriors not getting a proper class hall with warrior related content, followers or lore. Most everything else looks great or acceptable, but can't get over my bitterness concerning that bit.
    If you dont see the viking theme as the essence of the warrior i Cant help you. I feel you guys are more comfy with a King Arthur theme and Excalibur as your Artifact weapon Oo

I dont like the changes to sin rogue... does not match the fantasy.

Lots of stuff I'm concerned about: hunter ability pruning, difficulty in maintaining two artefact weapons (I want to be able to switch between Surv and BM at max level), no flying until 7.2, insane levels of RNG on loot, the return of a form of garrison missions... but actually none of those are really enough to make me not want to play the expansion at all.

The main reason I'm still not sure if I'll get it is my partner, who got me hooked on this game and who I've tended to do most levelling/grindy stuff with, is likely quitting WoW after getting burnt out on maintaining 13 garrisons through Draenor and it kind of feels bad to play it without him. But I really want to play it, at the same time, so not sure.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Living in a country where this fucking shit costs 140$.

Shadow Priests being useless in Mythic+.
    No flying in the most retarded zones I think I've ever seen blizzard make.