Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is a bug currently which is disconnecting/booting people randomly in instances.

Unfortunately, it removes you with no warning and gives you the debuff. Maybe the restarts/maintenance/whatever today will fix this issue.

People do the same kind of crap in the Timewalker dungeons. They (stupid DPS players) are so used to tanks & healers that overgear everything by such a large margin they don't have to worry about chain pulling or aggro etc.

I would love to see these tools go back to Vanilla or TBC - they'd be kicked out of groups and guilds by competent healers/tanks so fast they'd re-roll in Hello Kitty Online.

Cata dungeons where initially such a wake up call. They've been spoiled by easy MoP and now WoD dungeons.

It's always like this on a pre-expansion patch. Morons being morons. Don't take it personally!

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Great, but if you'd read the OP you'd know that this thread is about leveling in LFD.
    Typo. I actually just leveled a priest too

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Before prepatch I played my Disc Priest to level it. I would stand next to the tank and Holy Nova my heart out, and on bosses get all DoTs up and Smite spam.

Occasionally shield and Penance, but DPS healing is nothing new.

Not to be a dick, but it sounds like you were ineffective. Read up a class guide on healing and try again. People are impatient when it comes to bad players, and it will be a hard slog to get back to not being kicked.

Otherwise try to level with friends and group with them.
    Your post here was very helpful. When I was healing in disc, I didn't feel like I was utilizing every part of it correctly, so I did switch to holy. As far as disc goes, I'm probably going to have to work on it a bit.

For holy, however, I'm not sure what I could be doing better to heal a boss fight or even trash for that matter. Renew for peanut damage or on tank, keep PoM out, spam Heal/Flash Heal, use HW:Serenity on tank or someone else who's really low, use CoH for group damage, and HW:Sanctify or Divine Hymn on heavy group damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    There is a bug currently which is disconnecting/booting people randomly in instances.

Unfortunately, it removes you with no warning and gives you the debuff. Maybe the restarts/maintenance/whatever today will fix this issue.
    If that is the problem I really hope it's fixed today. If it's because I truly am inadequate I'd like to try to find where and why I am. Thanks for your reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantipper View Post
    I assure you that if I'm not performing well I understand that I'd deserve the kick. My healing was not subpar, rarely does someone die to my fault, and if they do die to my fault I apologize to them. I wouldn't make a thread regarding this If I knew I was trash.

As for everyone else wondering if it's because I'm disc, I had already swapped to holy (which is amazing, btw). Even after swapping it didn't seem to change the situation. I do plan on maining disc for legion as I've always enjoyed the idea of healing through damage.

The only thing I can think of is that most healing spec's don't immediately top off every member of the party anymore. It's either very inefficient to do so or is hard to do in some cases (such as heavy group damage for disc).

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand your thought process on me possibly being the guy who "knows everything and doesn't do anything wrong", considering my original post doesn't include a ton of details about the groups. I didn't include all of the specifics because it's been over many different dungeons, and many different group comps. I only included the general gist of how the dungeons went because in most of the cases there weren't any outlying factors.

I appreciate everyone's replies, it's helping me understand what's going on in the other player's minds.

I play by a rule when I am healing and when I am tanking. If I'm tanking I am a little more lenient on this rule however, because I am a very good tank.

If you have a number meter such as Skada, Recount, Details, Tinydps...whatever you're using, try to be at least 70% or higher on overall healing done. This ensures you're playing well and healing for the majority of the damage taken for the most part. Overhealing is a thing, but in dungeons if you're blasting through them, it shouldn't mean anything.

A few tanks use healing as their mitigation however so it will be harder. But my rule of thumb when I am healing is ( If the tank is healing as much as me or more, I could be doing a lot better).

Usually when I am tanking and a healer is doing less than 70% of the healing, we are struggling. This means I'm having to pop CDs regularly without being able to save them. I will slow it down and if the heals stay below 70% I will eventually tell them to step it up. If they do not, they get kicked. I'm an asshole, but I have leveled over 18 times and it just gets tiring. (My wife doesn't like to play on only one realm apparently).

From my experience, every healer is able to make that mark. But a good tank will make that mark harder to reach by healing more than a bad tank would. All I am saying is, make a goal for your healing % and beat it. You will become a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    People do the same kind of crap in the Timewalker dungeons. They (stupid DPS players) are so used to tanks & healers that overgear everything by such a large margin they don't have to worry about chain pulling or aggro etc.

I would love to see these tools go back to Vanilla or TBC - they'd be kicked out of groups and guilds by competent healers/tanks so fast they'd re-roll in Hello Kitty Online.

Cata dungeons where initially such a wake up call. They've been spoiled by easy MoP and now WoD dungeons.

It's always like this on a pre-expansion patch. Morons being morons. Don't take it personally!
    On a sidenote, I utterly despise Ahn'Kahet Timewalker as a healer. The spellflingers in there are rarely controlled by the tank or dps, and when the tank is one shot and the group eventually wipes, they usually point the finger to me. It's to the point that I expect to not make it through that dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a sidenote, I utterly despise Ahn'Kahet Timewalker as a healer. The spellflingers in there are rarely controlled by the tank or dps, and when the tank is one shot and the group eventually wipes, they usually point the finger to me. It's to the point that I expect to not make it through that dungeon.
    When you first zone into that dungeon, let them know to interrupt the spellflingers and use stuns. You also have stun that doesnt break on dmg if you talent into it, it's great for that dungeon. I did the pit of saron timewalking yesterday like 4 times. It was a lot of fun, I think we only wiped once. Got a few new bnet friends out of it as well.

op
    ive spent about 100 hours in leveling dungeons over the past couple of months, i usually queue as a tank or healer, and ive been kicked once so far. it happened yesterday so i remember the situation precisely:
    - stratholme main gate
    - we killed fras sibby and the postmen next to him
    - moved to unforgiving and the postmen next to him
    - moved to timmy
    - after that i realized we forgot to activate one mailbox and missed the bonus boss because of that
    - so instead of going forward i backtracked to the mailbox and summoned the boss
    - since i didnt say anything, the group didnt notice(or didnt care) and everyone else went forward
    - im assuming the dps were overzealous and pulled the whole next room(4 packs of 3 mobs, mostly mages) since they all died, even with a healer, and most of the mobs were alive when we got there later
    - as prot pally i was unable to solo the group of postmen and the bonus boss and died aswell
    - after respawning i tried waiting for everyone before engaging the boss and postmen again, but one dps pulled them
    - since the healer was still loading(or at least not moving) i didnt take aggro off of him, because i knew i had no chance without a healer and let the dps die
    - the healer arrived right after the death, so i got aggro and we cleared the pack
    - then the healer said "jesus this tank"
    - i ignored it, said nothing back and just continued clearing
    - it was all nice and smooth from there, just like before we split up
    - when we arrived at risen hammersmith i was removed from the group

was this justified? i dont know, i mean i couldve said something, but then again its not really my fault that dps pulls the whole room and wipes the group...

and to your other question, i initiate vote kicks on afks and dpsers who are frequently doing only a tiny fraction of everyone elses damage or dont show up on the meter at all. most of these votes dont pass though so lately i very often dont even bother and just carry the group, or leave if i feel like taking a break.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-08-02 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    I play by a rule when I am healing and when I am tanking. If I'm tanking I am a little more lenient on this rule however, because I am a very good tank.

If you have a number meter such as Skada, Recount, Details, Tinydps...whatever you're using, try to be at least 70% or higher on overall healing done. This ensures you're playing well and healing for the majority of the damage taken for the most part. Overhealing is a thing, but in dungeons if you're blasting through them, it shouldn't mean anything.

A few tanks use healing as their mitigation however so it will be harder. But my rule of thumb when I am healing is ( If the tank is healing as much as me or more, I could be doing a lot better).

Usually when I am tanking and a healer is doing less than 70% of the healing, we are struggling. This means I'm having to pop CDs regularly without being able to save them. I will slow it down and if the heals stay below 70% I will eventually tell them to step it up. If they do not, they get kicked. I'm an asshole, but I have leveled over 18 times and it just gets tiring. (My wife doesn't like to play on only one realm apparently).

From my experience, every healer is able to make that mark. But a good tank will make that mark harder to reach by healing more than a bad tank would. All I am saying is, make a goal for your healing % and beat it. You will become a beast.
    That's a very good rule to try to improve healing or tanking. I don't know how relevant it is since the new patch for some tanks, considering healer's output was reduced slightly. DK's mitigation is almost entirely self heals, Warriors can produce sizable self absorbs, bears can self heal with frenzied regen pretty well, monks have healing elixers (if talented) and healing spheres. It's been a long time since I've looked at paladins, so I can't say on their behalf.

At my current level, my flash heal is healing for 1/10 of the tanks health on average and renew tick's are peanut health. For heavy damage to the tank, my goal is to upkeep renew (if I can fit the gcd) use serenity on cooldown (reduced by flash heal casts) and spam flash heal. I don't think there's a way for me to have heavier tank healing, and I often don't make that 70%+ mark you're talking about post patch.

Deleted
    The last character I have leveled in dungeons as a healer is some time ago, so I cannot tell if this is a usual behaviour. Also, I usually don't kick healers or tanks except in the rare occasions when they are toxic or totally clueless and don't listen if you try to explain what they have to do (like, mechanics of an encounter, this is mostly relevant in timewalks, though). I sometimes have performance issues due to lags, but it usually turns out well.

The last time my healer was kicked from an instance was because I was loyal to my guild buddy, who was "under-performing" in the eyes of the other players, and they first tried to kick him and then started to kick me - and at some point, he did not pay attention and I was out, half after in the endboss fight. These are days where I wish I could hurt people via internet for such shitty behaviour.

Besides that, I would expect such occurencies to be a kind of bug. When I level in dungeons, I almost never see any vote kicks.

Sad thing is, you can learn more about playing your class in proving grounds than in dungeons now, because heirlooms have so much impact its insane. My WW monk can solo almost anything in a dungeon of her level in Classic, sometimes 2 groups at once because I fail at pulling / aggro range, only struggling with bosses (probably because I am not that much of a skilled WW monk player than I could be if I would play this class more often). So, it's futile to expect people getting better from playing leveling dungeons.

odd experiences OP, majority of any groups I'm in are completely quite. Are you rolling need on items that drop?

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    ive spent about 100 hours in leveling dungeons over the past couple of months, i usually queue as a tank or healer, and ive been kicked once so far. it happened yesterday so i remember the situation precisely:

'story'

was this justified? i dont know, i mean i couldve said something, but then again its not really my fault that dps pulls the whole room and wipes the group...

and to your other question, i initiate vote kicks on afks and dpsers who are frequently doing only a tiny fraction of everyone elses damage or dont show up on the meter at all.
    Whenever I level up a new character, I always heal or tank through lfg, so I understand your pain for overzealous dps and misunderstanding tanks/healers.

I agree with your reasons to kick. AFK is something that really annoys me, and I try to help people underperforming in their role, and if not I'm not hesitant to vote for a kick; that's why I'm trying to figure out if it is something I'm doing, because I don't want to be that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    odd experiences OP, majority of any groups I'm in are completely quite. Are you rolling need on items that drop?
    Only time I need on an item is if it's an upgrade; I also ask on transmog pieces.

Deleted
    I am currently leveling a priest in LFD and the only thing i've gotten is praise from people who like that i am making the run go faster. Tanks love the shield+movement speed and my dps.

Maybe you have been unlucky? Maybe there are some things going on in chat that you are not telling us?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a very good rule to try to improve healing or tanking. I don't know how relevant it is since the new patch for some tanks, considering healer's output was reduced slightly. DK's mitigation is almost entirely self heals, Warriors can produce sizable self absorbs, bears can self heal with frenzied regen pretty well, monks have healing elixers (if talented) and healing spheres. It's been a long time since I've looked at paladins, so I can't say on their behalf.

At my current level, my flash heal is healing for 1/10 of the tanks health on average and renew tick's are peanut health. For heavy damage to the tank, my goal is to upkeep renew (if I can fit the gcd) use serenity on cooldown (reduced by flash heal casts) and spam flash heal. I don't think there's a way for me to have heavier tank healing, and I often don't make that 70%+ mark you're talking about post patch.
    Like I said most tanks have self healing and from what I am seeing right now, druids and wars have more self healing than they used to. Wars have ignore pain to thank for that. But for the most part 70% should still be reachable. DKs and monks have always been the hardest to outheal but it's doable. Especially if you're keeping them topped off so they don't end up using their self heal mitigation. DK's used to spam deathstrike so they'd end up being about 40% if they were good. When they have 2% of the healing then there is a problem.

Don't be afraid to tell people what to do, you are the one keeping them alive after all. If you know mechanics and you suspect someone in your group won't know them, might as well let them know about it to help prevent a wipe. I find I have to do that a lot in Timewalking. Like on forgemaster in pit of saron if people don't clear their stacks behind the boulder, they will eventually die. Just give a heads up before hand so you don't have to risk doing it all over again.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-pr...builds-talents

I use these in dungeons. The tier 60 75 and 90 talents are really helpful with tank healing. if you don't have these yet it will be a little difficult but not too hard to manage. Holy is a great dungeons healing spec. You can cast holy word sanctify and get the tier 90 talent buff from that and spam flash heal on the tank, then after it goes away you can cast holy word serenity to gain the buff yet again. you have MASSIVE single target heals as well as strong aoe via PoM and Prayer of healing coupled with sanctify and renew spot healing.
    Last edited by -Gr-; 2016-08-02 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted

This.

You are not getting votekicked, you are getting kicked because of bug. I've seen this happen only to players from mega servers.

Did 3 mythic dungeons this week, in each one someone was kicked because of that bug. First 2 times they came back after few minutes and we invited them back because they were in same instance and we could see and talk to them. In last one I got kicked right after last boss died, when I got back other players already left instance so that was end of runs for me.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-08-02 at 01:42 PM.

I've only been removed from a group two times in the 11 years I've played this game, one of those being this week in a timewalking dungeon. Thank you for mentioning this, as the other posts blaming the OP and telling him to l2p were unsatisfactory to someone reading this suffering the same fate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Like I said most tanks have self healing and from what I am seeing right now, druids and wars have more self healing than they used to. Wars have ignore pain to thank for that. But for the most part 70% should still be reachable. DKs and monks have always been the hardest to outheal but it's doable. Especially if you're keeping them topped off so they don't end up using their self heal mitigation. DK's used to spam deathstrike so they'd end up being about 40% if they were good. When they have 2% of the healing then there is a problem.

Don't be afraid to tell people what to do, you are the one keeping them alive after all. If you know mechanics and you suspect someone in your group won't know them, might as well let them know about it to help prevent a wipe. I find I have to do that a lot in Timewalking. Like on forgemaster in pit of saron if people don't clear their stacks behind the boulder, they will eventually die. Just give a heads up before hand so you don't have to risk doing it all over again.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-pr...builds-talents

I use these in dungeons. The tier 60 75 and 90 talents are really helpful with tank healing. if you don't have these yet it will be a little difficult but not too hard to manage. Holy is a great dungeons healing spec. You can cast holy word sanctify and get the tier 90 talent buff from that and spam flash heal on the tank, then after it goes away you can cast holy word serenity to gain the buff yet again. you have MASSIVE single target heals as well as strong aoe via PoM and Prayer of healing coupled with sanctify and renew spot healing.
    I think you are mixing up two things here.

Ignore pain shows up on healing because its basicly a shield. They changed this because people where to stupid to put shields and heals together for disc priests.

Warriors tanks only have one way to actually heal themselves and its got a cd that resets if they get a killing blow. Which is not verry likely to happen unless you actually fish for it.

Warriors self healing is very low in group content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I think you are mixing up two things here.

Ignore pain shows up on healing because its basicly a shield. They changed this because people where to stupid to put shields and heals together for disc priests.

Warriors tanks only have one way to actually heal themselves and its got a cd that resets if they get a killing blow. Which is not verry likely to happen unless you actually fish for it.

Warriors self healing is very low in group content
    Ignore pain is considered a shield and on healing meters it indeed shows up as healing. Ignore pain is massive in some cases. I'm not talking about actual throughput healing.

Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    that cannot be the reasonthey are kicked. Because they hav had attunement healing back in cata (shield and then just smite spam) but who cares if they are dpsing, aslong as noones died then it works. if your wiping and the gealer can't improve then you should get kicked.
    Pretty much this.

I think at the end of the day, there's more to the story then we're hearing. I've been back for two months now just leveling characters to get ready for Legion, and I have seen maybe three people kicked the entire time. Two were DPS because they were either AFK or being stupid, and the other was a healer who had never healed but used a timewalking dungeon to try and learn to heal, resulting in two wipes.

Most likely the bug that came with the pre-patch. It kicks you out of groups.