Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs down The new zones suck

After having thoroughly explored all of the new zones in legion, I can confidently say that they suck. They all suffer from the typical Blizzard "polish" that plagues games like Overwatch. On the outside they look great, but after going in and picking them apart you realize how much depth they lack. These new zones are not memorable in any way, shape, or form, and at times are a chore to run around in.

I could probably write a 20 page paper complete with diagrams, etc. on why they suck, but I'll just leave it brief; compare a zone like Highmountain to Howling Fjord. Howling Fjord has such a unique identity and personality that Highmountain can't even begin to compare with. The lift going up from the Horde starting area to the main zone, the Alliance boat ride through the archway, the giant Vrykul castle and town outskirts in the middle, the lift going down to the walrus people area, the northern zone with snowy hills, etc. Highmountain has NOTHING unique or interesting, save for maybe the Tauren "city" you can walk around in.

Anyways my point is that when someone says Howling Fjord you instantly think of all the above things mentioned. When someone says Highmountain I don't honestly know what to think of. It lacks huge amounts of depth that is obscured by pretty graphics and a level of "polish" that many will fall for. All of the zones fall to this.

Ok, so you've provided your opinion and qualified it by saying that anyone that disagrees is wrong. What exactly is there to discuss?

By the way. I disagree wholeheartedly, but it doesn't matter because I'm wrong.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    I really really enjoyed the new zones and pretty much disagree with everything you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want those glasses, I could also give you a handkerchief?

Howling Fjord was great, Highmountain is shit. Flawless evidence management.

No really...you are trolling and/or seeking attention, right?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Agreed. /10chars
    This must be the kind of shit responses the OP was looking for.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I counter your personal nostalgia with my hype for an amazing expansion.

Well... Howling Fjord was really great. I'll give you that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I could probably write a 20 page paper complete with diagrams, etc. on why they suck,
    Please do, I'd be interested to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Well... Howling Fjord was really great. I'll give you that much.
    And then on the other side of Northrend there was Borean Tundra, one of the worst zones in the game.
    Beta Club Brosquad

This is basically one of the most vague, subjective, and unactionable pieces of criticism I've seen in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I beg to differ TYVM.

5/7 for the clickbaity topic.

Partly disagree....I think Val'sharah and Azsuna are pretty awesome. Some of the best work blizz has done. Stormheim is weak. Super linear and way too many high cliffs. Best part of the zone wasnt even in the zone (Helheim). Highmountain was meh too....too disjointed and takes forever to get from one place to another. Suramar is ok as far as max level zones...nothing special but not terrible either.

( )*( ) <-------- your opinion must come out of one of these

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I could probably write a 20 page paper complete with diagrams, etc. on why they suck, but I'll just leave it brief;
    No you can't. Don't talk shit.

Or you know, it could just be that zones are made different so they can appeal to different people?

Op's only flaw was that he asked on MMO-c which only lacks the upvote/downvote thing to become le reddit.