Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It is time for people to be social and join guilds again, and not just for perks and heirlooms.

Plenty of good guilds out there, might not be the #1 guild on your server, but good enough guild to provide what you need, providing you're not just another leech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I have yet to have a pug mythic as healer where the dps didn't eat all kinds of avoidable damage.
    Just link healing taken to shut the idiots up. ...poor melee, they get their asses eaten alive no matter where they stand.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Was there something going on in the party chat?

I myself would only kick someone for very rude behaviour or inactivity.
    I kick people to be a dick. Thank god i'm a tank. People just agree with me.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Because turning a 15 minute run into 35 minutes ordeal is winning.

I enter with my Druid healer, and switch to Bear, Cat and Boomkin form, tanking and DPSing, and no one ever complained.

If I keep everyone living and healed, they don't seem to care.

I play on Spanish servers, maybe Spanish people are more pacient, or don't care. I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    I enter with my Druid healer, and switch to Bear, Cat and Boomkin form, tanking and DPSing, and no one ever complained.

If I keep everyone living and healed, they don't seem to care.
    as long as noone dies why should they?

I kick people for being overly greedy, lazy to the point of afk or if the tank doesnt tank or healer doesnt heal(like people dying all over from no healing).

I dont even care about loot while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    as long as noone dies why should they?
    Exactly, they shouldn't. But they do. Like all those Disc Priests getting kicked for dpsing? It's just fucking annoying.

It's the exact same thing when I was an Unholy Deathknight in a German server, and people didn't allow me to enter Wintergrasp Raids or Tol Barad raids, or they even kicked me after seeing me being Unholy.

Why? Because they all said Unholy is a PvP spec, I need to be Frost or Blood to do PvE.

That happened every fucking week, even topping DPS meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantipper View Post
    I agree and understand that, but my concern is it seems to be happening a lot to me lately, and was hoping to figure out if it was me, the group, or a bug, and if there was a way for me to fix it if I had some form of control over the cause.
    It's not a bug (none have been reported regarding getting booted randomly from LFG), and it's probably not "the group" since the group is different every time. It is most likely something you are doing. When you heal as disc, are you healing or DPSing? Describe how you heal and/or dps. From there, I should be able to tell you exactly what's going on. I have run several dungeons on my priest (disc spec) and not gotten kicked. That being said, no tanks or DPS died either. Have you had tank or DPS die while you are healing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You never need your CDs in LFD, unless you are way undergeared (like, being level 40 in level 50 dungeon) or pull whole dungeon.
    ok bud.

/10

I'm guessing you dont need to take any special action to be a dick. sounds like its just part of your DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Because turning a 15 minute run into 35 minutes ordeal is winning.
    I can solo instances from 1-60 with ease. Its funny when healers are like "I'm just not going to heal you" and I proceed to finish the instance without them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    I'm guessing you dont need to take any special action to be a dick. sounds like its just part of your DNA.
    If its part of my DNA is it my fault? DICK Nucleic Acid?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I can solo instances from 1-60 with ease. Its funny when healers are like "I'm just not going to heal you" and I proceed to finish the instance without them.

- - - Updated - - -

If its part of my DNA is it my fault? DICK Nucleic Acid?
    Most people can solo 1-60 while they level, only reason they queue is so they don't have to travel.

While I have noticed a surge in complaints from DISC specifically having this problem, I don't believe someone is getting kicked with no reasoning behind it. Like others have stated, the new play style of Disc has thrown a lot of people off-guard. Even if you're out-dpsing a DPS/Tank in a LFD I highly doubt you'll be kicked just out of spite, if anything I would be happy the person playing is halfway decent to pull it off (not saying it's remotely challenging at low levels that is).

The only reasons I can assume people are getting kicked is either;

• A - They can't grasp to concept of the new play style and are causing deaths (look at Priest forums, 80-90 as Disc through dungeons is apparently horrible to play)
    • B - Tank changes have made healers more reliant, therefore taking away a lot of the self-sustained tanking and people are still mass-pulling expecting to survive without a scratch (still doubt this is an issue at low levels as heirlooms allow you to crush everything regardless of spec)
    • C - Toxic and narrow-minded players which unfortunately plague the community still that could grief other players just by being a dick (I've only seen this happen if it's prevoked, you would think people wouldn't kick others just by random, but people are assholes lol)

Going back to Disc Priest, I've seen a lot of Mythic dungeons lately on live that have had Disc's STRUGGLING to keep people alive, even on trash pulls. Some people just can't grasp the new mechanics, I see Shadow Mend spam constantly, then we all die. I personally haven't kicked a Disc before at least trying to explain things, but most of the time they get frustrated and leave the group anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ferosanvilmar View Post
    It's not a bug (none have been reported regarding getting booted randomly from LFG), and it's probably not "the group" since the group is different every time. It is most likely something you are doing. When you heal as disc, are you healing or DPSing? Describe how you heal and/or dps. From there, I should be able to tell you exactly what's going on. I have run several dungeons on my priest (disc spec) and not gotten kicked. That being said, no tanks or DPS died either. Have you had tank or DPS die while you are healing them?
    When I was healing with Disc (keep in mind this is between level 65ish to 78 roughly when I decided to change to Holy) I would use PW:Shield to keep light-mod damage from coming in, plea to apply atonement to a couple of dps not topped off, use schism on cd, used penance on cd, kept up SW:Pain and spammed smite.

Heavy group damage I'd drop PW:B and use Mindbender.

It seemed to me more often than not, the tank would pull far more than that alone could heal him, so I'd end up shadow mend spamming for the heavy damage, and then because I was shadow mend spamming the random damage the dps would take from aoe or standing in fire, I had to shadow mend them instead of atone top off. For the times when the tank was taking more than shadow mend could keep up, I'd pop up Pain Sup, and use Mindbender after PS dropped off or even during if it was necessary. There were times I even used PW:B to keep the tank up.

From what I can gather, this is about how the healing priority works for disc at end game. I rarely found the time or reason to cast PW:Radiance.

There were times that dps or even the tank died, but nearly all of those were avoidable/preventable damage, such as with Ahn'Kahet's spellflingers. There were a couple of times after some of those avoidable/preventable deaths that I was kicked, but it was a good 10-15m after the fact, and the group had stabalized and the healing was more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantipper View Post
    When I was healing with Disc (keep in mind this is between level 65ish to 78 roughly when I decided to change to Holy) I would use PW:Shield to keep light-mod damage from coming in, plea to apply atonement to a couple of dps not topped off, use schism on cd, used penance on cd, kept up SW:Pain and spammed smite.

Heavy group damage I'd drop PW:B and use Mindbender.

It seemed to me more often than not, the tank would pull far more than that alone could heal him, so I'd end up shadow mend spamming for the heavy damage, and then because I was shadow mend spamming the random damage the dps would take from aoe or standing in fire, I had to shadow mend them instead of atone top off. For the times when the tank was taking more than shadow mend could keep up, I'd pop up Pain Sup, and use Mindbender after PS dropped off or even during if it was necessary. There were times I even used PW:B to keep the tank up.

From what I can gather, this is about how the healing priority works for disc at end game. I rarely found the time or reason to cast PW:Radiance.

There were times that dps or even the tank died, but nearly all of those were avoidable/preventable damage, such as with Ahn'Kahet's spellflingers. There were a couple of times after some of those avoidable/preventable deaths that I was kicked, but it was a good 10-15m after the fact, and the group had stabalized and the healing was more than fine.
    You're definitely going about the healing in a decent manner. Only thing I was doing different than what you outlined in the first paragraph was using Plea liberally to top people off when out of combat and get health bars back to full. Most people like it when their health bars are full Generally, though, DPSing harder is a pretty effective way to heal through most 5 mans and use CDs as you mentioned when things get rough. It could be people seeing you're putting out a fair amount of DPS and kicking you because they think you're not healing and maybe playing as Shadow instead. Then if people are dying, even if their own fault, they feel it's easier to blame the "healer that's DPSing instead of healing".

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Well thank you for admitting you where wrong

Not that it was needed, but still
    How does it feel to have lack a fundamental understanding of healing in WoW and to not know what the word "where" means?

For all intents and purposes, "healing" is both heals and absorbs. You'd do well to know this.

"Disc topped heals again!"
    "No, disc topped absorbs. Healing has to mend wounds. Our disc priest isn't a healer, he's a shielder. It's different. I'm sorry you can't see the difference."

OT: it's probably just the bug kicking you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by ferosanvilmar View Post
    You're definitely going about the healing in a decent manner. Only thing I was doing different than what you outlined in the first paragraph was using Plea liberally to top people off when out of combat and get health bars back to full. Most people like it when their health bars are full Generally, though, DPSing harder is a pretty effective way to heal through most 5 mans and use CDs as you mentioned when things get rough. It could be people seeing you're putting out a fair amount of DPS and kicking you because they think you're not healing and maybe playing as Shadow instead. Then if people are dying, even if their own fault, they feel it's easier to blame the "healer that's DPSing instead of healing".
    I did top off between pulls as best I could (often times the tank or a dps would run off/pull the next group). I only listed the 'in combat' priority I was going by.

As much as I'm hoping it is just the excuse it's easier to blame the healer and not an actual fault of mine, it's still incredibly frustrating.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Deleted
    A lot of players don't yet understand that disc priests have trouble healing outside of combat since the lion share of healing is done via atonement and wonder why they aren't being healed between pulls. I honestly think Blizz should should remove the talents that contradict the intended play style just to remove confusion about how the spec functions.