Page 1 of 53
... LastLast

DC flops again: Suicide Squad 34%

The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    Somewhat expected it to be honest. DC does pretty bad movies, mediocre TV shows, and somewhat enjoyable animation. The only thing I've ever really enjoyed from their universe were some of the comics and video games.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Just my opinion, but I thought it looked absolutely horrible from the trailers. It's amazing how DC can get Flash and Arrow so right on TV but their recent movies are so awful.

Was anyone expecting it to be good? I don't follow super heroes and I thought it looked dumb.

I did see the most recent Avenger movies tho

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I thought it looked absolutely horrible from the trailers. It's amazing how DC can get Flash and Arrow so right on TV but their recent movies are so awful.
    You can thank WB for terrible DCEU movies.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

15+ Year Old Account
    And it´s currently at a 9.1 on imdb.

Sooo let´s wait a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Following off the trend of anti heroes like deadpool. Problem is, as its always been, marvel comics has always been more down and dirty with its characters and makes them seem like the everyman who happens to have powers, where as DC characters are gods who live like mortal men, even characters like batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Sooo let´s wait a bit.
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.

Edit: Jesus people, I'm not saying critic ratings mean more, i'm just saying that the user ratings as of now mean jack shit because it's just a bunch of fans rating based off reading comics and hype.
    Last edited by Droodid; 2016-08-03 at 01:58 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Sooo let´s wait a bit.
    Because any user can vote on IMDB. Not a trustworthy website

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Following off the trend of anti heroes like deadpool. Problem is, as its always been, marvel comics has always been more down and dirty with its characters and makes them seem like the everyman who happens to have powers, where as DC characters are gods who live like mortal men, even characters like batman.
    In otherwords, DC is gods among men whereas Marvel is men who obtain the power of the gods (That does include Thor due to the nonsense with Azgardians)

I plan on seeing it so that is bonus for DC in this case as I did not see BvS nor do I ever want to see it. That being said if this ends up actually being bad and/or insulting I may just be done with DC movies period no matter how good they look like they might be.(looking at you suspiciously Wonder Woman movie trailer)

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Because any user can vote on IMDB. Not a trustworthy website
    And 'critics' are trustworthy?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Know how I know if a movie is good? Whether I like it or not. No one else's opinion impacts whether I like it, so who gives a crap about rotten tomatoes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And Rotten Tomatoes gave the Ghost busters reboot a 73% and you expect me to trust their ratings? I'll pass on that thanks.
    And it -was- a good movie. I doubt you even went to see it yourself.

Critics know diddly squat. They missed the mark on Warcraft and Ghostbusters.

Wait and see what REAL fans have to say first.

"Flop" or "hit" is measured at the box office, not on rottentomatoes.

Nah, it comes down to something simple:

Marvel movies = the fun of the franchise is front and center
    DC Movies = The fun is sucked out of the franchise

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    RottenTomatos i love when you guys are fixating on these Rate sites .. if u would only watch Movies which are rated good on RottenTomatos i would have watched like 20 Movie my whole life.. and u know everyone has a different taste ..

Deleted
    Still hyped for my midnight showing on Thursday.

Critics have been very hit and miss lately, I enjoyed BvS even though it was flawed, but to hear critics tell it, its literally the worst movie ever made. Similarly I loathed Ghostbusters, and according to critics that makes me a woman hater.