Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dailies at the start. Year of Siege at the end.

That said, once you got past that initial daily grind, everything up to the LONG wait for WoD was pretty decent.

Deleted
    Tedious. I bought MoP two months prior to WoD and by the time the WoD pre-patch hit I was already tired of the music, artstyle and general story/ what the NPCs have to say.

Landfall was awesome tho
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2016-08-03 at 07:54 AM.

The theme (I actually liked the change of pace, but many/most people didn't) and the story. Early MoP where the only thing to do were the repetitive dailies was also a problem.

Honestly, they didn't sell people on the theme, and it's something they should have seen coming. Not many players would browse new games and think "oh yeah, this game with a panda in a hat looks like a sweet MMO, gotta buy now".

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The length of the final raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you haven't actually done any raids at the highest difficult pre-nerfs.
    yup for sure i never set foot in any of the raids, or even played this game, whats world of warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Only the panda theme.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't care for the dungeons. Aesthetically they were cool, but they were way too... narrative driven. It was less like we were going in to bust up a fortress full of baddies and more that we were just rolling in playing clean-up crew.

Also, Townlong steppes was a... very, very underwhelming zone. Dread wastes was slightly better because it came with the klaxxi, and the klaxxi were pretty cool, but I'd say both zones weren't that great.

In addition, the shrines got pretty stale after a while. Dalaran they weren't.

All of those points kind of left the bulk of the expansion feeling really... same-y. Each zone felt like we were dealing with the exact same thing... help Pandaren with petty chores, fight mogu, fight the sha/mantid. None of that "same-ness" was bad or poorly done per say, it was just really... consistent. It didn't have anything spectacular and mind blowing, save for a few stand-outs like isle of the thunder king.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-08-03 at 08:01 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Boring ass theme, come up with something original instead. Too many dailies, so they removed them in wod instead if adjusting. Blizzard fucking logic.Introducing pandas and monks when they really dont fit much into the game (dont care much about lore, its not the point).

Bonus rolls sucks and they way you acquire them with coins of lesser something was horrible. Rehashed dungeons is dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many daily quests imho, but other than that was a pretty good expansion overall.

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed every part of MoP. Definitely my favorite expansion.
    They only things I remember bugging me..
    - OP pvp Warriors.
    - Timeless Isle horror. (I was Horde, and my server like 90% alliance)
    - LFR Garalon. Not the encounter, but the players..

And special mention of awesomeness for:
    - Challenge modes
    - Green fire quest
    - Brawlers guild
    - Dot tracking
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Way too many dailies at the start.

That horrid time when I had to run Rune of Power as it was back then.

Balancing (warlocks and pally tanks gamebreakingly OP at times, some bosses on 10 man 1 healed while grand empress took 4 healers....)

Pandas, Chinese theme just not my thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP had its endless dailies and the addition of the level 90 Mage talents that killed the class for me. Furthermore, the whole Pandaren and Sha stuff, it still doesn't fit in WoW. The first boss of the first raid was a disaster for pugs and rooky raiding guilds. Wiped 200 times on that shit with my guild. I leveled a Rogue and went 19 weeks without daggers dropping, forcing me to play Subletly instead of Assassination. Not that this has anything to do with how good or bad MoP is, but that's what I remember about MoP.

Cataclysm, MoP and WoD all feel like sidesteps to prolong the life of WoW. Now, they're bringing back the Burning Legion, because they know that's probably the only thing that can save the game.

WotLK is still the best expansion. All of it just fit. The Lich King, the addition of the Death Knight class, the story, Northrend, the lore surrounding Arthas, the raids; everything was spot on. No expansion has come even close to giving me that experience.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP and WoD both suffered from the same issues. (In my eyes, anyway) They seemed like filler getting in the way of the main story arc. Both had drastic changes in direction to fix early narrative problems. (Garrosh becoming the big bad, Grom becoming the hero) and neither seemed to move lore forward. The lack of any real plan becomes evident when the final raid hits. And then nothing happen's for over a year while they try to figure out where to go next. I'll grant that after Cata they were left with a bit of a void for material from past lore but MoP and WoD both feel like they don't have an impact on the story once you're done with them.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

- HOZEN
    - having to always start in Jade Forest
    - leveling gear fuck ugly as always
    - mogu
    - dungeons
    - Hozen

I didn't like MoP in the beginning as I tried to rush through to level 90. It grew on me later as I found friends (!) and had fun (for the most part) in PvP. The worst thing about MoP? Fucking Hozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sheer volume of dailies quests at launch, and the duration of the final tier. Other than that, it was great.

The people "triggered" with pandas or the chinese theme are hilarious in a sad way. No, not the people who just dislike it. I mean the people who almost have a rage breakdown at the fact that it is even a thing at all. And they're not exactly uncommon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I loved everything about MoP. Especially the Dailies. I love the feeling to has SOMETHING to do that progresses my character. Yeah, I could not do all of them on all of the days, but so what? Don't care, more to do for the future.

Other than CMs, 5 man gameplay was practically nonexistent in MoP. There was just simply no point at all. The few dungeons that were there weren't particularly interesting gameplay-wise either. It was obvious that they were trying to zone out 5 mans and hoped to shoehorn that audience into Scenarios and LFR instead. That backfired big time was a huge blow to the game.

I very much enjoyed the rest and have fond memories of the expansion. The zone design, music and the overall aesthetic flair are still exceptional.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-08-03 at 08:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    - HOZEN
    - having to always start in Jade Forest
    - leveling gear fuck ugly as always
    - mogu
    - dungeons
    - Hozen

I didn't like MoP in the beginning as I tried to rush through to level 90. It grew on me later as I found friends (!) and had fun (for the most part) in PvP. The worst thing about MoP? Fucking Hozen
    Were you ooked in the dooker too many times?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I have 2 things I didn't like in Mop:
    - too many daily quests at the beginning
    - the armor set styles were overdone and imo didn't capture the classes

I liked the general art style and aesthetic, the pandas, the whole chineese influence and the lore, but really, the armor sets were simply silly and lacked character.

On a positive note, I really liked the elite mob design, was sad to see they didn't use that in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianna View Post
    - the armor set styles were overdone and imo didn't capture the classes
    What class were you playing, because the paladin sets looked fucking amazing.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    5.3 sucked hard.

I just wished we could have pushed 5.4 off and did more Pandaria stuff. We could have had a underground Saurok Raid or a raid focusing solely on the Sha where we had to seal all of them as the Emperor did 10,000 years ago.

Still a great expansion I spent more time in Pandaria during WoD than I spent in Draenor.

If I could have one piece of content of my choice implemented it would be an epic quest to restore the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Something along the lines of the Gates of AQ or Molten Frount or Isle of Thunder where the server worked together to finish the event.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-08-03 at 08:16 AM.