Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Death Knight Mobility

It's been bugging me for a while now, I thought Blizzard would realise their mistake but they obviously didn't.

Why the HELL are Death Knight supposed to be SLOW when there is KNIGHT in their god damn name

Why the hell can Paladins summon horses and not DEATH KNIGHTS, do blizz dev not know what a Knight is ?

There's a god damn quest where you have to tame a ghost horse in the introduction of death knights, and we're stuck with this stupid wraith walks that lasts for 3seconds and gets f*cking stuck on steps ?

Am I really the only one baffled by such a logic ? The stupid "yh but their wear plate bro theyre slow its heavy" argument makes me want to puke, guess what Warriors and Paladins also wear plate, and one can still summon a f*cking horse every 45s and the other can jump 900km in the air no problem.

Just go look at a Death Knight from WC2 or at Arthas as a Death Knight in WC3, both have horses, both are fast

"y dk is slo m8 its just teh fantasy ukno"
    Last edited by Winrarw; 2016-08-03 at 01:25 PM.

Warriors charge into the fray. Paladins gallop on their horse. Death Knights chase you down with a zombie horde. Hmm. Which one scares me more? The mouthbreather who charges first and thinks later, the Mormon on his little bike, or a host of the living dead being led by a White Walker? I'm gonna go with the zombie apocalypse bro.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Warriors charge into the fray. Paladins gallop on their horse. Death Knights chase you down with a zombie horde. Hmm. Which one scares me more? The mouthbreather who charges first and thinks later, the Mormon on his little bike, or a host of the living dead being led by a White Walker? I'm gonna go with the zombie apocalypse bro.
    Why would you be afraid of the 1 thing that stands no chance of actually getting to you as long as you keep up a brisk pace?

I don't see how your answer adresses any of the points I raised.

You're talking about lore of the classes, i'm talking about gameplay...

It annoys me to no end to be so fucking slow for no reason

Also Skraal has a point, as long as you're not walking, I won't EVER EVER EVER catch you

Since when is Death supposed to be slow ? I didn't know Death Knight killed at the rate of cigarettes.

Death Grip does exist, you know...

Good luck death gripping a boss.

Death gripping adds away from everyone isn't a great idea either

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Death Grip does exist, you know...
    And we can grip bosses since when now? That would be an argument if we could reverse-grip ourselves to a mob the way hook works with the abomination, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    And we can grip bosses since when now? That would be an argument if we could reverse-grip ourselves to a mob the way hook works with the abomination, but alas.
    But that would make Survival hunters cry and they're a new melee spec so they get to feel speshul.

Quote Originally Posted by Skraal View Post
    Why would you be afraid of the 1 thing that stands no chance of actually getting to you as long as you keep up a brisk pace?
    Winter is coming, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    That would be such a great thing, "if the target is immune to death grip, you are pulled to them instead"

It makes so much sense it hurts knowing blizzard did not think of that, especially seeing how USELESS death grip is in PvE against bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    Good luck death gripping a boss.

Death gripping adds away from everyone isn't a great idea either
    Most complaints about mobility has been from a PvP aspect.
    So, unless your tank is Speedy Gonzales or you have the reaction time of a sedated sloth, you shouldn't be having mobility problems in PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    That would be such a great thing, "if the target is immune to death grip, you are pulled to them instead"

It makes so much sense it hurts knowing blizzard did not think of that, especially seeing how USELESS death grip is in PvE against bosses
    Blizz did think of that. It's why our abomination pet has that very functionality via Hook. They just didn't want to give it to our characters.

Winter is coming, bro.
    You still wouldn't be within range for remorseless winter to actually do anything bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this is sarcasm as we are speaking of something relating to balance that has no baring on class image, or are you intentionally trying to ramp up post count with shit posting since there seems to be very little value other then merely arguing for the sake of it with others. To the rest i would simply ignore such posters when you can, it's a cry for attention with very little of substance added.

More OT, DK's have a ramp up time and after we used our gap closer we are down to depending on our grip, This grip should have the added functionality in PvE like our Sledge Bulcher has that we get dragged to them if they are immune to grip.

Deleted
    So with Clawing shadows and Deaths advance nerfs, they now finally went out and said it.

DK's should be slow, immobile and mediocre when finally in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Skraal View Post
    You still wouldn't be within range for remorseless winter to actually do anything bro.
    I've never had a problem staying on my targets both in PvE and PvP. People like to keep selling this logical fallacy that we're not mobile. What do you need to feel mobile? Roll and Charge on no cooldown? In PvP we have Death Grip, Chains of Ice, and other sources of slows. Unholy's Abomination has Hook, which pulls him to targets if they're immune to grip so you can keep good uptime on your pet which is a big part of Unholy's damage. On top of that we have Wraith Walk, which is now 45 seconds base line, and has double functionality depending on your spec. In PvE, there's this little thing called DBM that tells you when a high-movement phase is coming up so you can prepare for it if you actually know the fight because PvE is all about preparing. If you're having problems staying on your target as a Death Knight in any aspect of the game, it's a "L2P" issue. We have plenty in our toolkit to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    So with Clawing shadows and Deaths advance nerfs, they now finally went out and said it.

DK's should be slow, immobile and mediocre when finally in melee range.
    Except Unholy has been one of the top specs in the game, if not the top. And the nerf was not that severe. The Clawing Shadows nerf was warranted. We're not a ranged class. Clawing Shadows should be a trade-off. Lose some damage but get some range. Working as intended.
    Last edited by Wolfman31; 2016-08-03 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    I've never had a problem staying on my targets both in PvE and PvP. People like to keep selling this logical fallacy that we're not mobile. What do you need to feel mobile? Roll and Charge on no cooldown? In PvP we have Death Grip, Chains of Ice, and other sources of slows. Unholy's Abomination has Hook, which pulls him to targets if they're immune to grip so you can keep good uptime on your pet which is a big part of Unholy's damage. On top of that we have Wraith Walk, which is now 45 seconds base line, and has double functionality depending on your spec. In PvE, there's this little thing called DBM that tells you when a high-movement phase is coming up so you can prepare for it if you actually know the fight because PvE is all about preparing. If you're having problems staying on your target as a Death Knight in any aspect of the game, it's a "L2P" issue. We have plenty in our toolkit to get the job done.

Except Unholy has been one of the top specs in the game, if not the top. And the nerf was not that severe. The Clawing Shadows nerf was warranted. We're not a ranged class. Clawing Shadows should be a trade-off. Lose some damage but get some range. Working as intended.
    But we finally had something special. We were able to deal half our damage from range if god forbid our lousy mobility prevented us from getting close again.

Now we are stuck with as clean melee, like everyone use, but hold on, our mobility is now the worst of any melee class and thus we are simply a warrior without charge on a raidboss.

Unless there are grip-able targets who needs to be gripped in raids, we are basically a gimped warrior if they deal just 1 more dps.

They need to fulfill our class fantasy at least, if they are gonna strip us from mobility, give us something a bit more for when we get close. Of course the damage should be balanced, im all for that, but with the lowest mobilty we should get a little extra damage in Patchwerk mode.

What angers me more than anything is the fact that our class fantasy is a negative point

I might be completely crazy but that's how I see blizz devs when they made class fantasies

"Resto sham should heal hard, but suck at healing unpacked targets"
    "Druids should easily heal unpacked target but heal in a less bursty manner"
    "Fury Warrior should be crazy berserkers with a lot of mobility but they take more damage than other classes"
    "Demon Hunters should be super mobile but also not that resistant"
    "Death Knights ? eh, they should be slow."

What do we get that compensates the fact that we are slow ? nothing.

I'm not going to sit here in the Death Knight forums and try to convince you people why you should play one. Go play a Demon Hunter and leave the real DK's to bask in the glory of how awesome we are, because apparently it's a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Where is there a Clawing Shadows nerf listed?

Edit- Nevermind, I found it listed on Wowhead. I see nothing about it in this site though.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-08-03 at 04:30 PM.

Wraith walks biggest issue is the fact we cannot do anything while using it, that is probably it's greatest issue. I can't think of any other class that has their only mobility skill ensure that they can't do anything else while using it. Given it does suppress slows on us while using it though, but I would gladly trade that in for the ability to act during it.
    You can cover around the same distance in a single wraith walk as a heroic leap. In that same time a warrior would of been on the target 2 seconds ago, and could of even used heroic throw while leaping, ensuring a greater uptime on a target switch or a high movement period and still have charges up their sleeve. A paladin which is closer in line with our lower mobility is left with divine steed, which is 30% faster and can be using it's abilities while closing the gap giving them an edge yet again. That is just our plate partners and as we all know, less uptime equates to less damage.

Classes shouldn't be equal in all facets, far from it, each should have it's strength and weaknesses, being a little less mobile is fine, as you pointed out we do have some solid slows and death grip is fantastic in large group pvp for pulling priority targets out of heal stacks, for solo it's not so great as a lot of classes have escapes that match up fairly well in cooldown time. The way our mobility is set up now though will impact our viability in pvp and pve, if our only way to consistently get close to a target is to make sure we can't do damage to the target.

Unholy has always enjoyed a movement speed increase and solid uptime when compared to frost or other plate dps, I'd hate to see something that was a pretty iconic difference between the specs just up and disappear.

I do agree with the clawing shadows part, it should be a trade off. The ability to strike at a far greater range for the cost of a bit of damage.