Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ban'Thalos in 7.0.3

How to tame him? Hunters no longer have tranquilizing shot to macro it to pull Ban'thalos without instakilling him, and my hunter is level 97. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:

The easiest and safest solution currently seems to be to use the toy "Fruit Basket": it aggroes the mob, does no damage, provokes no auto-attacking from the hunter and is instant cast so it can be cast while in the air.

When the spawn comes up and I get to try it, I will report on how it went and if this is valid indeed.

UPDATE 2:

Ban'Thalos appeared after 3 days, and the Fruit Basket worked to almost perfection: the only downside is that it won't let you cast it if you're mounted (and you have the option of now allowing the game to automatically dismount you when you use an ability while mounted). There are 2 ways around this: disable the option, or make a macro to dismount and then use the Fruit Basket.

Other than that, the Fruit Basket worked to perfection: no damage done to Ban'Thalos, Aggro pulled, Instant Cast while in the air.

As an additional note, his Harsh Moonlight will miss you constantly if you're a higher level, so you can take off your gear if you don't have the fruit basket to pull him.
    Last edited by Well; 2016-08-05 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    Use a weaker weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Use a weaker weapon.
    He dies even if you punch him with no gear on, I think.

Deleted
    I doubt it...

Get a low level white weapon and ress sickness?

Use the new toy sword that cannot kill mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Get a low level white weapon and ress sickness?
    I got the white weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    That would be ok, if it was anything else other than Ban'Thalos.

Be naked and use a level 1 weapon with no stats. Binding Shot or Wyvern Sting should also work as it tags them (incapacitates them for a bit) and doesn't do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Problem is that he's a flying mob circling high above a tree. You basically need a ranged weapon to hit him with.

It might be possible with a glider through. Since you can attack while using one, but it would be tricky timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Be naked and use a level 1 weapon with no stats. Binding Shot or Wyvern Sting should also work as it tags them (incapacitates them for a bit) and doesn't do damage.
    Won't I die to the owl though with no gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Won't I die to the owl though with no gear?
    Go Survival, they have Hatchet Toss and the freezing trap. You should be placing the freezing trap on the treetop where you are perched.

you dont actually need to hit him. just land on the very tippy top of the tree and tame him when he flies in close...you might need to fly vertical from the tree top on a mount and aggro him and fall to the tree tip

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Go Survival, they have Hatchet Toss and the freezing trap. You should be placing the freezing trap on the treetop where you are perched.
    He's a Spirit Beast. I need to be BM, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    you dont actually need to hit him. just land on the very tippy top of the tree and tame him when he flies in close...you might need to fly vertical from the tree top on a mount and aggro him and fall to the tree tip
    That's the thing, I need to aggro him and that might one-shot him.

hatchet toss with no gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    hatchet toss with no gear on.
    There's no spell named like that in my spellbook or talents. Maybe you're getting the name wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    Snowballs. (also this is just a guess no idea if it would work lol)
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

There's no spell named like that in my spellbook or talents. Maybe you're getting the name wrong?
    Survival has an ability called Hatchet Toss, it does 10% of your Attack Power, with no gear or weapon on it should not kill him

He's a Spirit Beast. I need to be BM, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing, I need to aggro him and that might one-shot him.
    yes you'll need to be BM...

are there any clickable items like some low lvl explosive you could use?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Survival has an ability called Hatchet Toss, it does 10% of your Attack Power, with no gear or weapon on it should not kill him
    I need to be BM to tame him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    yes you'll need to be BM...

are there any clickable items like some low lvl explosive you could use?
    No idea, I haven't been subscribed for a year. Just subbed back y-day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Crush apples toy or w.e it's called. They should cause aggro. (or at least used to)

EDIT: Toy is called Fruit Basket. Still gets aggro and does no damage.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-08-03 at 08:00 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka