What if choosing felblade replaced felrush?

For Havoc Demon Hunter

I plan on maining DH unless Blizzard make AP shared between all specs. I've been doing my own theorycrafting for talents of whats better for a certain situations, leveling, etc. Today a thought crossed my mind about a way to have people choosing Felblade over Bloodlet. Similar to how Demon Blades replaces Demon's Bite.

What would you think of instead of Felblade adding another mobility ability, it turned Fel Rush into Felblade. I think it would be awesome to instead of adding another mobility skill through a talent, it augments a base spell into a targeted spell. Fel Rush is really only going to be used in the raid scene for mobility or to AE. Most of the time melee are confined to one spot behind the boss until they need to move. This makes Fel Rush pretty much unusuable in the rotation for most raid encounters. You risk killing yourself or wiping the raid if it is part of your rotation. But if you had the choice to change Fel Rush into Felblade it would make a usable alternative to an ability you cannot use. Take the fury generation off of Felblade and have Fel Mastery do what it does but for both Fel Rush and if you chose Felblade. This would also promote the use of Prepared. You can Vengeful Retreat and Felblade back to the target in your rotation.

IDK if blizzard ever said they considered this or someone else came up with this idea first. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Tainted0ne; 2016-08-03 at 10:30 PM.

They couldn't do that without reworking momentum. Not to mention a targeted charge that does aoe damage with 2 charges and a 10 sec cd would be insanely op in both pve and pvp I'd imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.... if anything, Felblade should be baseline

DH is already very limited with their abilities, no point removing another ability.

Quote Originally Posted by YoFro View Post
    They couldn't do that without reworking momentum. Not to mention a targeted charge that does aoe damage with 2 charges and a 10 sec cd would be insanely op in both pve and pvp I'd imagine.
    Well make Felblade no longer do AE damage. Why would they have to rework momentum, nothing really changes other than you wouldn't be wasting a split second to reposition yourself after fel rushing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    No thanks.... if anything, Felblade should be baseline

DH is already very limited with their abilities, no point removing another ability.
    It wouldn't be removing an ability. Right now in the lvl 102 row you pick bloodlet for PvE. It would simply augment an ability to do something else and share the mobility factor. It would turn an unreliable and risky ability into a reliable ability.
    Last edited by Tainted0ne; 2016-08-03 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    For Havoc Demon Hunter

I plan on maining DH unless Blizzard make AP shared between all specs. I've been doing my own theorycrafting for talents of whats better for a certain situations, leveling, etc. Today a thought crossed my mind about a way to have people choosing Felblade over Bloodlet. Similar to how Demon Blades replaces Demon's Bite.

What would you think of instead of Felblade adding another mobility ability, it turned Fel Rush into Felblade. I think it would be awesome to instead of adding another mobility skill through a talent, it augments a base spell into a targeted spell. Fel Rush is really only going to be used in the raid scene for mobility or to AE. Most of the time melee are confined to one spot behind the boss until they need to move. This makes Fel Rush pretty much unusuable in the rotation for most raid encounters. You risk killing yourself or wiping the raid if it is part of your rotation. But if you had the choice to change Fel Rush into Felblade it would make a usable alternative to an ability you cannot use. Take the fury generation off of Felblade and have Fel Mastery do what it does but for both Fel Rush and if you chose Felblade. This would also promote the use of Prepared. You can Vengeful Retreat and Felblade back to the target in your rotation.

IDK if blizzard ever said they considered this or someone else came up with this idea first. Let me know what you think.
    Felblade would have to hit for like 1 million and would still only be used on single target
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Felblade would have to hit for like 1 million and would still only be used on single target
    Why? Why couldn't felblade do the exactly what it is doing now minus the fury generation?

With my current gear on Beta Fel rush with fel mastery does 140k damage as it shows on the tooltip. Felblade does 130K as it shows on the tooltip. They could maybe up the felblade damage a little bit to compensate, but this replace would be in a situation where you are not going to be AEing for an entire fight. So if you took my idea of felblade taking fel rushes place, felblade would end up around 200k damage. I don't see why it would have to do insane damage like Fel Eruption.

You would keep felrush for AE fights, and choose felblade for single target fights where you wouldn't be using fel rush anyways.

I play without Felblade in both specs, I absolutely hate it. Bloodlet and Master of the glaive is better for Havok IMO.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-08-03 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I play without Felblade in both specs, I absolutely hate it. Bloodlet and Master of the glaive is better for Havok IMO.
    Yes right now bloodlet is better. Did you even read or think for 2 seconds? It is an augmentation of fel rush. Taking an ability that wont have use in single target encounters and molding it to be useful as a single target ability. Bloodlet is good even better for cleave. But this is can change how you play just the same.

Lets say you are on a boss fight where you can't go in front of the boss or you die. You can't dash to the left leg of the boss or you will die. You toon must remain on the left side of the boss at all times. This makes fel rush unusable. But if you can choose felblade and it replaces fel rush. Turn it into a single target ability without risk of accidentally dashing into the face of the boss getting one shot. Work have it literally do what it is doing minus the fury generation. Have fel mastery provide 50% damage plus the 25 fury just like for fel rush.

Let's *not* take more buttons away, please. Felblade should either be baseline or stay as it is. The only real change I want is Demon Blades to either go away or become more compelling somehow.

Yes right now bloodlet is better. Did you even read or think for 2 seconds? It is an augmentation of fel rush. Taking an ability that wont have use in single target encounters and molding it to be useful as a single target ability. Bloodlet is good even better for cleave. But this is can change how you play just the same.

Lets say you are on a boss fight where you can't go in front of the boss or you die. You can't dash to the left leg of the boss or you will die. You toon must remain on the left side of the boss at all times. This makes fel rush unusable. But if you can choose felblade and it replaces fel rush. Turn it into a single target ability without risk of accidentally dashing into the face of the boss getting one shot. Work have it literally do what it is doing minus the fury generation. Have fel mastery provide 50% damage plus the 25 fury just like for fel rush.
    They would make it baseline before that, Momentum + Bloodlet + Master of the Glaive, you can get a seriously devastating bleed up with that combo, you can also vengeful retreat into 2 glaives for the huge ranged bleed on a boss fight. Felblade would be sweet if it was baseline but like everyone is saying it is not that great as a choice currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Let's *not* take more buttons away, please. Felblade should either be baseline or stay as it is. The only real change I want is Demon Blades to either go away or become more compelling somehow.
    How is it taking buttons away? Right now for PvE you choose Bloodlet and not Felblade. You gain no extra button by taking Bloodlet. Demon Blades takes a button away. Having felblade augment fel rush neither adds nor removes a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Demon Blades should just be a more powerful version of demons bite that you can press.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They would make it baseline before that, Momentum + Bloodlet + Master of the Glaive, you can get a seriously devastating bleed up with that combo, you can also vengeful retreat into 2 glaives for the huge ranged bleed on a boss fight. Felblade would be sweet if it was baseline but like everyone is saying it is not that great as a choice currently.
    Because you are all thinking of it from wanting another ability. Just you want more. You are not thinking of it logically from a raid boss point of view. If you are a progession raider, you will not use fel mastery + momentum unless it is a heavy aoe fight. Melee dps are not allowed to move outside a small area. You will not be able to use fel rush as part of your rotation.

Master of the Glaive just make it easier to keep bloodlet up. If you apply another bloodlet too quick you lose tick time. Reapplying the dot more than 2 seconds before it falls of ends up as a dps loss since you lose a tick of the bleed damage. So momentum gives you one bloodlet application. On a single target fight you should be running Fel Eruption or Nemesis anyways.

How is it taking buttons away? Right now for PvE you choose Bloodlet and not Felblade. You gain no extra button by taking Bloodlet. Demon Blades takes a button away. Having felblade augment fel rush neither adds nor removes a button.
    This is only true for the small minority of PvE players who only ever pick the most optimal talent within a raid setting. I'll 100% be grabbing Felblade, because it seems like by far the most fun choice on that tier. That's far more important to me (and I imagine most players) than suffering a slight decrease in throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    This is only true for the small minority of PvE players who only ever pick the most optimal talent within a raid setting. I'll 100% be grabbing Felblade, because it seems like by far the most fun choice on that tier. That's far more important to me (and I imagine most players) than suffering a slight decrease in throughput.
    Everything I have said is from the view of a progession raider. But clearly no one that is a serious progession raider is reading this post.

Everything I have said is from the view of a progession raider. But clearly no one that is a serious progession raider is reading this post.
    Honestly, Fel Rush should only move you forward if you are currently moving, if you are still it should just do a burst around you, it would solve this issue.

Deleted
    *hits blunt*