Poll: Do you think legacy set bonuses should be re-enabled?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legacy set bonuses in legion

The old set bonuses are currently disabled and we don't know for how long.
    I've made thread about this on official wow forums too : http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612933365

But I'll copy pasta my thread here too for your pleasure

"Hello!
    I've recently discovered that old set bonuses are not active even if I am at the level they were intended for originally. I am lvl60 twink who wishes to complete old content with the old gear, but the removal of old set bonuses kinda defeats the purpose of getting that old gear for us twinks.

Please reconsider this legacy set bonus thing. There's 0 harm for us lvl60s to have the set bonuses.

Same would go for 60-90 twinks aswell.

Why not just have the set bonuses disable when you go pass lvl60 and so on? Or if this change was because people were abusing old gear in timewalking, then why not just disable the set bonuses while in timewalking dungeons?

Thanks for reading."

TL;DR : Old gear set bonuses are disabled and I think it would be fair to enable them for players who are at the level which the gear was designed for originally.

Nah. What he wants to run old content with the appropriate gear? The amount of class changes from abilities to talents have made old raiding trivial even at the appropriate level. You only need a handful of people to do a 40man raid at level 60 now. Set bonuses is moot.

Nor should devs waste time reviewing every single set bonus every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because classes change, and so do abilities. It's not worth their time to cater to a small segment of their market just to balance old tier.

It's not going to be reenabled.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    It's because classes change, and so do abilities. It's not worth their time to cater to a small segment of their market just to balance old tier.

It's not going to be reenabled.
    Someone suggested on the forums that even a small stat bonus would be nice and I'm pretty sure these should be easy to implement. I'd be fine with this.

Right now lvl60 raid gear is far worse than heirlooms which is kinda annoying

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that It really affects anything (Maybe people going for Herald of the Titans but It's honestly not that hard anyway), but It just reeks of laziness. Some people find unique ways to abuse old tier set bonuses and Blizzard just takes the easy route of disabling all the tier sets instead of just disabling those specific tier sets.

I know during High Maul the SoO Prot Warrior tier could be used to self heal for absurd amounts on fights like Mythic Butcher (Which we did because our healers weren't good) and they didn't make a big deal of it, they just disabled that specific tier set after a fortnight of some guilds abusing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Not that It really affects anything (Maybe people going for Herald of the Titans but It's honestly not that hard anyway), but It just reeks of laziness. Some people find unique ways to abuse old tier set bonuses and Blizzard just takes the easy route of disabling all the tier sets instead of just disabling those specific tier sets.

I know during High Maul the SoO Prot Warrior tier could be used to self heal for absurd amounts on fights like Mythic Butcher (Which we did because our healers weren't good) and they didn't make a big deal of it, they just disabled that specific tier set after a fortnight of some guilds abusing it.
    I personally don't care about gear above lvl70 because that's not where people usually twink anyways. TBC and vanilla content gear would be awesome to have updated, though then I guess we would have few people complaining about not having all gear updated.

I was under the impression that disabling the old set bonuses was a temporary thing. Like right now they're too busy to worry about reviewing all those, but maybe they'll get to it when they're not in the middle of launching new xpac and tuning new specs.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I was under the impression that disabling the old set bonuses was a temporary thing. Like right now they're too busy to worry about reviewing all those, but maybe they'll get to it when they're not in the middle of launching new xpac and tuning new specs.
    I hope this is the case, getting the raid gear now on twinks feels really pointless

I must admit I was someone who "abused" an old set bonus. Specifically my mage tier 3 2pc. It reduced the cooldown on Evocation by 60 seconds. For years I used a macro to swap in that 2pc and Evocate between pulls or when questing. It wasn't something that ever affected a boss fight (cause I'd lose way too much in stats and believe I tried it back in wotlk) but it was a very nice quality of life thing to always be able to Evocate out of combat. I was sad to see that option disappear but what can you do?

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiationWoW View Post
    The old set bonuses are currently disabled and we don't know for how long.

Why not just have the set bonuses disable when you go pass lvl60 and so on? Or if this change was because people were abusing old gear in timewalking, then why not just disable the set bonuses while in timewalking dungeons?

TL;DR : Old gear set bonuses are disabled and I think it would be fair to enable them for players who are at the level which the gear was designed for originally.
    The set bonuses were disabled because there was a lot of abuse going on in current content (was it 12 mages vs Mythic Reaver).

Personally, I’m disappointed they removed the set bonuses as my guild have been running Herald of the Titans and the bonuses were useful (I’m not saying mandatory). I’d rather than Blizz spent time on new content than rebalancing old set bonuses.

They could simply not work in current instanced content instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Silly self-validation polls on MMO-C aside, Blizzard will not be re-enabling these.

Before Timewalking, yes only twinks really used them. However, Timewalking made everyone notice them again which led to them being used in current content and, well. Blizzard doesn't like that sort of thing. It was fun while it lasted but it's over now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    The set bonuses were disabled because there was a lot of abuse going on in current content (was it 12 mages vs Mythic Reaver).

Personally, I’m disappointed they removed the set bonuses as my guild have been running Herald of the Titans and the bonuses were useful (I’m not saying mandatory). I’d rather than Blizz spent time on new content than rebalancing old set bonuses.
    Out of curiosity, what set bonus exactly was being abused vs. Mythic Reaver?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do Timewalking they said
    Have fun with ur old gear they said
    Ty for making all my old gear useless in TW blizz

Turning off legacy set bonuses EVERYWHERE just shows how lazy blizz are, they COULD have made it so set bonuses were disabled in wod/legion raids and dungeons, but no.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Out of curiosity, what set bonus exactly was being abused vs. Mythic Reaver?
    firelands set for an arcane mage

The set bonuses were disabled because every spec was hugely changed and they simply didn't think the extra work to revamp ancient set bonuses was worthwhile. They probably didn't think about people raiding Serpentshrine at level 70 or whatever, and that is certainly a valid point, but still a small one-- most players don't care about that stuff.

Timewalking is a much stronger argument. But we all know Blizzard. Once their mind is made up, it would take a hurricane to change it. And most people don't care enough.

So-- should this be fixed? Yes, definitely. But will it? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Silly self-validation polls on MMO-C aside, Blizzard will not be re-enabling these.

Before Timewalking, yes only twinks really used them. However, Timewalking made everyone notice them again which led to them being used in current content and, well. Blizzard doesn't like that sort of thing. It was fun while it lasted but it's over now.
    but wasnt being able to tinker with old gear and experiment with them kindof the fun factor in timewalking?

15+ Year Old Account
    With PVP being normalized you could abuse old set bonuses that could outweigh the ilevel loss since it's 25 ilevel per 1%. There's also some weird interactions that people discover. Like mages wearing 4 piece set from 3 expansions ago and giving more DPS than Mythic gear.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    With PVP being normalized you could abuse old set bonuses that could outweigh the ilevel loss since it's 25 ilevel per 1%. There's also some weird interactions that people discover. Like mages wearing 4 piece set from 3 expansions ago and giving more DPS than Mythic gear.
    setbonuses dont work on pvp templates so that's a moot point.
    but yeah i definitely wont miss having to use prepull gear from MoP and TBC for bigger openers on my rogue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    but wasnt being able to tinker with old gear and experiment with them kindof the fun factor in timewalking?
    Well yeah. I liked it as much as anyone.