Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    UF is giving attack speed, not haste.
    Doesn't Haste increase attack speed? UF would effectively double the attack speed for its duration, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucarde View Post
    Doesn't Haste increase attack speed? UF would effectively double the attack speed for its duration, no?
    Attack speed is just white dmg, autoattack. Haste affects gcd, rune regen and so on. Uf is bad.

Would be a lot better as 3s dur and affecting pet
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-08-03 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Live on EU too.

This is bullshit. I was defending the CS-nerf but I am absolutely unsympathetic to this change.
    Just now I am seriously considering rolling Havoc.
    Same here dude. I probably will try out havoc come August 9th and see if I fall in love with the spec. It just looks so damn fun. As for Warcraft devs post, "unholy is a little stronger than we intended" so does that mean blizz continues to want us in the middle of the pack forever? Can they not get over their love relationship with rogues and mages and let us have some fun as well? I keep hearing all this crap about how balance is going to be better than ever in legion, this is kind of sounding a lot like WoD all over again to me. Except that unholy will get gutted early on in the xpac instead of frost did in WoD. Smh!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Are we particularly strong when we get on a mob? I havent had a chance to raid test since the recent changes.
    We are super strong once we get on a mob. This changed slightly when they nerfed cs to the ground and will change entirely when they gut epidemic. Blizzdevs own words, "death Knights are supposed to have low mobility and do a lot of damage when they get in range." From what it looks like us unholy dks will have low mobility and also do no damage when we get in range yet rogues, mages and even warriors to some extent have high damage and high mobility. Havoc here I come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Stupid WW is bugged, i saw it not working on flat grounds sometimes, DA was 100% more reliable. Oh, well warrior was planned anyways for legion an example how a plate class can be mobile and truly melee.

About the CS nerf:

Taking away the ranged aspect with nonsense like this won't do good for the UH gameplay and wonders why not taking the boring frost spec again if its just get slightly buffed that is.
    Oh tell me about , I already dot stuck a few times or couldnt go thru doorways .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormyr07 View Post
    We don't need any buffs. Unholy is fine as it is.
    I'd love to agree with this but some assholes with a stupid poodle screwed everything up last night. No raid to try anything....

Thanks DDoS
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    I'd love to agree with this but some assholes with a stupid poodle screwed everything up last night. No raid to try anything....

Thanks DDoS
    Oh, there was an DDOS attack on WoW yesterday?

Keep in mind, CS is pure shadow - Scourge Strike takes a solid hit because of boss armor.

Scourge is what 125% physical, 65% shadow, boss armor is something around 33% IIRC, so thats really 84% WD physical and 65% WD shadow (149% WD), versus the 150% AP of CS.

Lets face it, pre nerf CS was too strong. (This nerf was a touch heavy handed) - but its likely CS is still a decent choice vs Castigator. It has the bonus of being ranged, and still scales faster with mastery than SS. Really it just means you now have 2 options that are much closer in output, crit build with castigator or mastery with CS.

We'll prolly have to wait for some Sims to really see how much the difference is.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-08-03 at 01:09 PM.

I can't help but have flashbacks to 6.2 when Frost was Godly for 3 days in HFC before getting nerfed into the ground.

Guess it's Unholy's turn now although at least we got to enjoy a few weeks of fun on live with passive 15% move speed and hard hitting Clawing Shadows before the nerf bat hit. Unholy getting a movement speed passive has been "class fantasy" since WotLK at least. Why break that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Oh, there was an DDOS attack on WoW yesterday?
    Yes, i still could run some 5man mythics on live with frost and unholy and especially on the movement encounters uh was miles ahead of frost, you know, when there are low dps groups and the bosses stand a bit longer and you have these movement 1 hit mechanics, dps wise unholy was smoother to play and the pet absorb shield while not required, was nice to have too, when tank and heal did not play right.

DDos though really sucked hard had many dcs and laggs around midnight european time.

I'd really like for UF to not suck ass, but they could really give it some flavor too.. like bonus run speed when procced or increases your pet's attack speed as well so it is competitive with Castigator.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlewis View Post
    I can't help but have flashbacks to 6.2 when Frost was Godly for 3 days in HFC before getting nerfed into the ground.

Guess it's Unholy's turn now although at least we got to enjoy a few weeks of fun on live with passive 15% move speed and hard hitting Clawing Shadows before the nerf bat hit. Unholy getting a movement speed passive has been "class fantasy" since WotLK at least. Why break that now?
    you should have seen early cata when they nerfed unholy in each category for about -50% pet dmg, coil and diseases, it was a huge nerf list - so i am not surprised here what they did i expect more. ;> hero class means extra more nerfs, simply.

however, with the CS nerf they nerfed the range gameplay, too whats angers me more than just a flat dmg nerf, could just have removed scourge strike instead, but they didn't. 1 melee DD spec in a class(other than rogue and warrior ofc) should be enough, imo. But blizz nerfs everytime uh gets slightly ahead in ranged dmg.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-08-03 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Something I just thought about: didn't they remove stacking movement speed buffs in Legion, so that with the cloak enchant removing DA only amounts to a 5% nerf?

As for CS, I still think it should at least have the same damage as regular SS. A talent should always amount to a buff, no trade-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Something I just thought about: didn't they remove stacking movement speed buffs in Legion, so that with the cloak enchant removing DA only amounts to a 5% nerf?

As for CS, I still think it should at least have the same damage as regular SS. A talent should always amount to a buff, no trade-offs.
    Completely agree. I would have no problem with that. I got so used to having the flexibility to do damage from range that this nerf is highly disappointing. To top things off da got removed and now we are even slower. Wraith walk is a garbage cd that feels clunky af, the lost da passive is highly noticeable especially in dungeons and raids where we need to quickly side step mechanics or close a gap to rush boss. It's bad and throws Unholy's "class fantasy" right out the window.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlewis View Post

Yep, I was so damn stoked when prepatch came out because unholy just felt so fun to play as a spec. I should've known the nerf bat would come down.... Now I know that blizz never wants dk Melee specs to be powerful. Those spots are taken for mages, rogues and hunters etc.

Blizzard said themselves that with low mobility our damage should be higher when within range. Clawing shadows was too good as it was. With that said, I expect overall both dk specs will be getting buffed relatively soon on beta. Considering the more mobile classes are stronger than us, and then saying that a less mobile class should be more powerful we have to wait and see. Overall I don't trust blizzard enough when they say that, but I am very optimistic with the class as a whole for the first expansion post class release so hopefully we see some buffs soon.

A few buffs would make sense. CS was nerfed because it was too strong for the talent tier. It was likely a little overnerfed, but the nerf made sense. I would expect buffs as well. Which means we wont see any =/.

A few buffs would make sense. CS was nerfed because it was too strong for the talent tier. It was likely a little overnerfed, but the nerf made sense. I would expect buffs as well. Which means we wont see any =/.
    We lost a trivial amount of DPS moving over to Castigator if our damage was fine with CS then it's fine with Castigator, what we lost this patch was range and move speed, neither of which should effect your DPS significantly in HFC.

On the upside WW going to 45 secs sure does make it alot more effective and open world content at 30 seconds makes it pretty useful.

Its the only option on the tier though. Unholy Frenzy needs to be an option.

Its the only option on the tier though. Unholy Frenzy needs to be an option.
    CS is still an option, more of an option at 110 where it's meant to be about a 10% nerf rather than 25% but PvPers will still take it and PvEers would still ignore it if it's damage output was less than Castigator anyway because the reality is that no raid encounter is balanced around Melee never having uptime on the boss.

Unholy Frenzy is a disaster of a talent but it's meant to be the passive of the tier so it needs to be lower than Castigator in output but higher than CS because of CS's utility. Looking it at it that way it's about where it should be currently.

Deleted
    Why are people upset about the CS nerf? Unholy is still doing great with Castigator and the fact remains that CS is still viable if you want that extra range.

At the end of the day you should be grateful for changes like this because it brings 1 OP talent in line with the others giving you more choice as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    Why are people upset about the CS nerf? Unholy is still doing great with Castigator and the fact remains that CS is still viable if you want that extra range.

At the end of the day you should be grateful for changes like this because it brings 1 OP talent in line with the others giving you more choice as a player.
    It doesn't give you much of a real choice though -- instead of CS, castigator simply becomes new default option, with CS used in some super niche situations.