Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because khadgar is cool as cucumber. And gul'dan is failure of villain and he in acknowledges that in-universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar is better looking.

Even if he is a pretty shit wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed the Gul'dan one more, because I dislike mary sue Superman super-diplomat-who-everybody-loves-despite-all-logic-dictating-that-they-should-distrust-him Khadgar
    Maiev sure as hell didn't seem to love him in the second Harbingers episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    Maiev sure as hell didn't seem to love him in the second Harbingers episode.
    To be fair Maiev doesn't seem to give a shit about anyone unless they're a Watcher. And even then it's sometimes hit or miss.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It'd be easier if they stuck to one backstory. As far as I can tell from the harbingers thing they've given him a completely separate backstory with his AU self. Where's all the stuff about Ner'zhul, wasn't Gul'dan his apprentice or something?

This is why I don't nitpick the lore too hard.
    The Harbinger short is about AU Gul'dan - his backstory is very different to MU Gul'dan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    In either case it will be interesting to see if the Illidan harbingers video can catch up in views once it's released. Given that I perceive him as having somewhat of a mass appeal I'd almost bet on that it will.
    Illidan is gonna get more views than all others Harbingers COMBINED. I know it!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Does anybody else think this is odd? The wow youtube has over 1 million more views than Gul'dan despite Khadgars video being newer!
    Simply put, Khadgar is a more well known/liked character. He was introduced to the WoW universe in TBC whereas Gul'dan wasn't introduced until WoD (most WoW players never played or heard of Warcraft games prior to playing WoW), more players know who Khadgar is and he is liked generally, Gul'Dan on the other hand is newer (to WoW) and generally disliked, in part due to him being integral to the terrible HFC switch and bait ("You know how you have been waiting to kill Grom all expansion, here have Archimonde instead, why are you unhappy?").

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it odd? Why do you care if one has more views than the other? All views tell us is something is more popular than the other.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because khadgar is cool as cucumber.
    This is exactly what I was going to say, lmao.

No really, Khadgar is extremely popular, he really is. If you were a regular reader of the official forums, your jaw might drop to see just how popular he is. A lot of ladies and some men crush hard on "Dadgar" and that video made him even more good-looking than he appears in-game. Of course Blizzard uses this to their advantage by putting it up on the launcher and main page and it gets even more views. If Gul'dan were a more popular character, then you can be rest assured that his video would be up there instead.

Next week: Khadgar the DILF vs. Illidan the Edgelord: Who Is More Hot? Who Gets More Views?
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-08-04 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Why is it odd? Why do you care if one has more views than the other? All views tell us is something is more popular than the other.
    Sorry for wondering, my apologies.

7+ Year Old Account
    You owe no one an explanation or apology; it was a valid question and an interesting topic for discussion IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Plus Khadgar during WoD and pre patch Legion and out of game content is some of the best stuff Blizz has ever done.
    ^^^^This. So many Blizz characters - even the ones you want to like - are poorly written in game. They've done a brilliant job with Khadgar.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Khadgar is a far more interesting character than Gul'dan 2.0. It is actually our Khadgar, not some stupid alternate timeline nonsense. I mean Gul'dan's video was nice and all, but it isn't the ''real'' one, so it all feels a bit eh to me. Khadgar's video also has Medivh and stuff. Gul'dan is just ''more evil orc clans we've seen a billion times in WoD''.

Deleted
    Because old wise wizards are rad as fuck. Just look at any other fantasy from LotR to Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Probably because Gul'dan is an AU character and a lot of people just can't be fucked to give a damn.
    This is it for me. I guess I should just take my copy of Rise of the Horde and piss on it?

I watched the Khadgar video twice because it was awesome. Despite all logic, I feel like I would have made the mistake he had the will to resist. It was a great story.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just curious why you asked about them. If it could really be linked to Khadgar being more popular than Gul'dan (Which seems a bit more likely for me, as I prefer seeing where his character is going now as opposed to Gul'dan, who is still interesting) then maybe Illidan's video will be bigger. Maybe people are just less likely to revisit an AU character's video.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Does anybody else think this is odd? The wow youtube has over 1 million more views than Gul'dan despite Khadgars video being newer!

Do people really dislike guldan as a character? Why? I think he's a fantastic villain.
    goes to show you, what we think on here is not what most people think generally. A feature or thing or character might be greatly disliked here but likeddddddddd alot by most people. Malfurion and Thrall are typically two of Warcrafts most favourite heroes, yet on these boards, their character is constantly been QQ'd over and people hating on them -- goes to show you how much we know.

another point of contention are high elves, hugely unpopular here, but the masses respond very well to them.. the list goes on.

Overall in my opinion - the people who blog/forum tend to be those more serious about all of it, they love dark, demonic, oppressive, super scary macabre stuff, truth is most of the masses, like a great story, a bit of a roller, but the good guys winning, us making a difference and pulling through. They want to see things go well, baddies stopped, they love Illidan being saved and becoming a beacon of light - they like to see races recover, i'm sure they'd love it if at the end of all their current struggles the nightborne and night elves get that 10k year long reunion in some style.

THey like good things happening, touching moments.. and whiles they do take the scary and dark, only with respect to a brighter dawn, or brighter future or hope, or something really good coming out of it.

People are simple that way, and I am finding out the majority of our tastes here, aren't always what the masses like and think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow...Whyy??? Karazhan... Medivh?? Wow I just saw it for the first time after I read this post, And I realized immediately when I saw it why it has so many views....Don't get me wrong... Gul'dan is really cool.... but Karazhan!! comeon

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Khadgar is mary sue? lol

google mary sue pls
    Everything comes super easy to him?

He literally poofs to the entrance of the Vault of Wardens like right as the demon hunters get out, says "hey wanna come to dalaran" and they're like "sure!" and he immediately gains another group of helper monkeys.

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Mary%20Sue

Mage Sue: Similar to the Warrior Sue, the Mage Sue has amazing strength in magic, or has a magical power that nobody else has. She'll usually wind up upstaging all of the magical characters of the series.
    Khadgar seemed pretty crazily strong in the Tanaan Jungle intro destroying that dam like it was nobody's business, and powering a big impenetrable magic wall shield to hold back the entire Iron Horde.

And how Blizzard writes everyone else as liking him so much that they disregard the fact that the Kirin Tor showed exactly how it felt about Horde-affiliates not even a year before, in order to have him set up their arcane sanctum in Talador, when the Horde garrison commander had perfectly good Blood Elves like two steps away from their Great Hall. Instead electing to travel halfway across the continent to get help from the Kirin Tor, and being greeted by Jaina's arcane guardian saying "nobody allowed, especially Horde."

That's another thing that Blizzard did in order to make the Blood Elves seem crappy at magic so the humans look great at it by comparison. Cutting all meaningful Blood Elf content except for one apprentice going crazy and killing a bunch of people so she had to be put down so the Alliance could have a "Seeeee? I toooooold yooooooouuu~~~" moment after they said to the AU draenei that the Blood Elves couldn't be trusted.

So people see all the stuff Khadgar and the Kirin Tor do with magic without incident, and see that the Blood Elves can't seem to keep it in their pants, and conclude that the all-knowing 30-year old human magi of Dalaran are way better at magic than the Blood Elves who study it for hundreds or thousands of years.

In fact, going back to the Mage Sue description, pretty much every human mage in WoW falls into that category. They stumble around like a drunk person and are the best, while any other mage race studies their entire life, while their entire culture is saturated with magic occupying every aspect of every moment of their lives, and they're slaughtered. Like Jaina poofs into the Violet Citadel, and can slowly cast a frostbolt at 6 Sunreaver Archmage bodyguards (meaning their expertise was specifically geared in the area of magical combat) and murder them one after the other, all before even a single one of them can get a shot back at her.

If only Blizzard cared even half as much about their second most played race as they do the first (humans), or even the fifth (orcs) that seems to get as much if not more than the humans.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Everything comes super easy to him?

He literally poofs to the entrance of the Vault of Wardens like right as the demon hunters get out, says "hey wanna come to dalaran" and they're like "sure!" and he immediately gains another group of helper monkeys.

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Mary%20Sue

Khadgar seemed pretty crazily strong in the Tanaan Jungle intro destroying that dam like it was nobody's business, and powering a big impenetrable magic wall shield to hold back the entire Iron Horde.

And how Blizzard writes everyone else as liking him so much that they disregard the fact that the Kirin Tor showed exactly how it felt about Horde-affiliates not even a year before, in order to have him set up their arcane sanctum in Talador, when the Horde garrison commander had perfectly good Blood Elves like two steps away from their Great Hall. Instead electing to travel halfway across the continent to get help from the Kirin Tor, and being greeted by Jaina's arcane guardian saying "nobody allowed, especially Horde."

That's another thing that Blizzard did in order to make the Blood Elves seem crappy at magic so the humans look great at it by comparison. Cutting all meaningful Blood Elf content except for one apprentice going crazy and killing a bunch of people so she had to be put down so the Alliance could have a "Seeeee? I toooooold yooooooouuu~~~" moment after they said to the AU draenei that the Blood Elves couldn't be trusted.

So people see all the stuff Khadgar and the Kirin Tor do with magic without incident, and see that the Blood Elves can't seem to keep it in their pants, and conclude that the all-knowing 30-year old human magi of Dalaran are way better at magic than the Blood Elves who study it for hundreds or thousands of years.

In fact, going back to the Mage Sue description, pretty much every human mage in WoW falls into that category. They stumble around like a drunk person and are the best, while any other mage race studies their entire life, while their entire culture is saturated with magic occupying every aspect of every moment of their lives, and they're slaughtered. Like Jaina poofs into the Violet Citadel, and can slowly cast a frostbolt at 6 Sunreaver Archmage bodyguards (meaning their expertise was specifically geared in the area of magical combat) and murder them one after the other, all before even a single one of them can get a shot back at her.

If only Blizzard cared even half as much about their second most played race as they do the first (humans), or even the fifth (orcs) that seems to get as much if not more than the humans.
    you literally went from khadgar being mary sue, to humans vs bloodelves and how all mage humans are mary sue and bloodelves are weak

saying that 30 years old mage killing a thousand years old mage bullshit, is like saying that Aragorn 60 years old shouldn't be stronger than elves who are 1000+ years old and witnessed Sauron war.

you literally bashed all fantasy novels, because then, all bloodelves are just superior due to long age.

however khadgar is not as strong as what u see in games, atleats not in novels, heck he is no where near as strong as agawyne was or medivh, he been in a lot, and got a lot of progress, hence people love/enjoy him, in the other hand.

mary sue: a character that is born perfect and contain very huge strength with 0 effort aka Me'dan

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Speaking for myself, I was curious to see more about Khadgar.

Gul'dan is just another orc with hillariously predictable edgy story tied to him.
    [/spoiler]
    The only predictable thing is your overcliched commentary on "edginess". If you cannot get the feel of the story, then ignore it and stop quoting the "cool kidz" on the internet.