Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    so how many viable builds are there for legion?, i like the simplicity of the slam build but is the dps viable in legion? i really dont like the sound of the high APM build :/
    Viable is a broad term. If you actually mean viable, anything can be. If you mean optimal or competitive, then obviously not.

Hamstring spam is going to be fixed. The build will still be higher APM than average, and probably still the best Arms build, but it won't be quite as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

Hamstring spam is going to be fixed.
    Are you sure? Did a Dev said that?
    I really enjoy weaving in harmstring. It gives the feeling of old Wotlk Heroic strike back. I don't see why they should remove that playstyle. Harmstring itself does abysmal damage, but it enables the spec to feel fluent and enjoyable. Id rather still use harmstring instead of focused rage and spec into In for the Kill. I mean if they upped the tactician rate a bit so that it still would feel like you are using harmstring but you don't, I could live with that change, but as it stands now I'd rather keep everything as it is.

Instead they also could give Focused rage baseline and the talents lets it act like current harmstring by doing instant damage with no stacks (and maybe a minor slow). I'd take that.

Ah by the way, how much of a difference in Damage would there be if you specct IFTK instead of focused rage? With using harmstring and without?

Hamstring Spam has been part of a lot of rotations in the past, and each time it has been fixed before we got to use it for progress.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Hamstring Spam has been part of a lot of rotations in the past, and each time it has been fixed before we got to use it for progress.
    Will Arms lose its competetivity against Fury if it happens? Beside the obvious advantage in cleave situations?

We will have to see. The IftK+Trauma build is very much competitive atm, so we'll be good either way.
    My Stream

so would i be able to pull good numbers or competetive numbers with either of these builds?

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EmfF or http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EmvF

i REALLY want to main arms warrior but want to still be able to kick some ass dps wise so im hopeing to god that one of these specs will be good for legion, if not its either playing fury, demon hunter or frost dk (which apparently is bad dps)

really sorry about the questions but with 3 weeks left and still no set main im starting to panic :/

@Warriorsarri can you link the IfTk+Trauma build? I'm assuming it's those 2 plus opportunity strikes and dauntless sadly (I want OP!)

OpS is always taken, unless the fight is super short. Dauntless and OP is interchangeable without any noticeable difference, no matter what build you go with.
    My Stream

My thoughts on possible talent choices -

Dauntless vs OP: I love having OP to push because it adds flavor the rotation and is almost always a crit, but Dauntless does smooth the overall rotation out nicely.

Rend vs FB vs Avatar: Rend is a strictly cheap and stronger MS, at least before getting deep into the artifact, and adds another button to the rotation. FB is obvious in it's use. Avatar will be amazing with burst phases combined with BC, but is it worth giving up two more constant abilities in Rend and FB?

FR vs IftK: Not super excited about this talent row honestly. After powering up our artifact a bit, I could see a spec that focuses on FR, Deadly Calm, and Anger Management, constantly fishing for FR'd CS>>MS sequences. IftK combined with PS in the artifact will make the execute phase pretty silky smooth...but that's only 20% of the fight. I kind of wish IftK was changed to just increase the percent that Execute can be used during, say 5 or 10%.

Deadly Calm vs Trauma: Im likely to pick Deadly Calm most of the time because the rage burst is very nice. But a bleed based build with Trauma and Rend is interesting as well.

AM vs OP vs Ravager: Deadly Calm and AM is a combo I'm going to try and make work at some point. With FR added in, BC could have a very high uptime. However, OP is basically Sword Spec reborn, and I LOVED Sword Spec back in the day. Ravager I will only use during specialized AoE encounters or possibly trash in Mythics.

As far as spec variety goes, I'm VERY happy with the number of choices Arms has. From my own research, a clear cookie cutter spec hasn't emerged, which means Blizzard's philosophy of spec versatility is coming to fruition. At least for now...

One final note, I'm wondering if our artifact weapon will make some talents obsolete due to their ommision from the artifact talent tree. Namely, Rend and OP will receive 0% increase from any AP we spend, and will only scale with our weapon/AP. Is this a concern?
    Last edited by Hashcrypt; 2016-08-04 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    OpS is always taken, unless the fight is super short. Dauntless and OP is interchangeable without any noticeable difference, no matter what build you go with.
    Do you still have sims coming in with OpS as 18-20% of your damage?

Depending on the build, and fight length it's between 10-20%, yes.
    My Stream

So Arms warriors have the following PvP stat template:

Stat Template
    Mastery: 25%
    Haste: 125%
    Versatility: 125%
    Critical Strike: 125%

Primary Stat (Agility, Intellect, Strength): 11475
    Secondary Stat (Mastery, Critical Strike, Haste, Versatility): 4079
    Stamina: 22000

So does this mean that warriors have 11475(1x11475 Primary stat), 1020 Mastery(.25*4079 Secondary), 5099 Haste(1.25*4079), 5099 Versatility(1.25*4079), 5099 Crit(1.25*4079), and 22000 Stamina?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Are you sure?
    I am absolutely sure. It might not be completely broken, but it will definitely be toned down at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    DBTS's cd needs to be lowered. 3 minutes is way too long.

So from beta testing, does the fervor build with a relatively complete artifact (getting all the necessary points for arms to work effectively) stack up somewhat with Fury?

Anyone have a Deadly Calm/Focused Rage macro?

Been testing the FR build and I like it overall, but I really feel like a good macro is needed in order to maximize the Deadly Calm window.

I foresee this as being the best spec after some AP is earned. Once EtW is in play, the FR build will be having tons of Tactician procs, which will lead to man Shattered Defenses>>x3 FR MS sequences.

With Deadly Calm and Anger Management, I forsee 4 to 5 Deadly Calm windows per minute, which will provide HUGE burst damage.

AM has not worked with deadly calm for like 2 months now.

Im starting to believe that this is not a bug, rather intended feature to avoid the upcoming tier set to be too powerful with deadly calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    With Deadly Calm and Anger Management, I forsee 4 to 5 Deadly Calm windows per minute, which will provide HUGE burst damage.
    There is no way you can get 4 to 5 deadly calms every min without doing anything but dumping as much rage as possible (spamming ww, hamstring and focused rage, ignore everything else). At most you'd probably be able to get 2 or 3 when the boss is below 20% hp while doing the correct rotation, but first am has to work with deadly calm for that to be possible.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2016-08-05 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post

Im starting to believe that this is not a bug, rather intended feature to avoid the upcoming tier set to be too powerful with deadly calm.
    Not sure I follow. Was doing tests yesterday and it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Not sure I follow. Was doing tests yesterday and it works just fine.
    I've tested on beta and on eu servers. Whenever I use WW during battlecry it does not reduce the cooldown of battlecry by 2 sec as it should.

It works just fine without battlecry being active, but whats the point of having AM only work outside of it when you are spending majority of your rage inside the battlecry window?

There is no way you can get 4 to 5 deadly calms every min without doing anything but dumping as much rage as possible (spamming ww, hamstring and focused rage, ignore everything else). At most you'd probably be able to get 2 or 3 when the boss is below 20% hp while doing the correct rotation, but first am has to work with deadly calm for that to be possible.
    Well I'm getting 2 or 3 per minute now, and that's without EtW and Precise Strikes helping me out. So I can def see 3 to 5 on average with those in play and some decent haste at 110.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tested on beta and on eu servers. Whenever I use WW during battlecry it does not reduce the cooldown of battlecry by 2 sec as it should.

It works just fine without battlecry being active, but whats the point of having AM only work outside of it when you are spending majority of your rage inside the battlecry window?
    I'll have to test some more today, but it at least works correctly with the ghetto hamstring/FR macro that I spam during Deadly calm. I usually knock a solid 15 to 20 seconds off my BC cooldown just within Deadly Calm.