Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Unholy DK started out with a passive movement speed buff. Unholy was the fast-moving hasted disease spec.
    I remember how they started out. They also started out with 3 viable dps specs and 3 viable tank specs.

*takes hood off* Times change.

Just in: Runeblade of Baron Rivendare is now BIS for Unholy.
    Last edited by Darklurker; 2016-08-04 at 01:07 AM.

Honestly, the mobility isn't an issue if we're doing more damage when on target than all the more mobile classes. However that's not the case on beta atm for frost and unholy and even ret. they either need to buff both specs considerably with movement in encounters in mind or they need to nerf the more mobile classes. I'm at my tipping point overall with this class and if we aren't the top damage when on target with both frost and unholy I am probably moving on from wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Death Knight mobility isn't about charging at you. They bring you to them.
    That would be awesome if almost every class didn't have an escape method on a shorter cooldown than death grip. There may only be one or two classes outside of another dk who can't escape our death grip. With that said...we also can't grip bosses to us and if we could we'd piss off the tanks. So this really means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    I have no idea why or what made you say that first moronic paragraph.

They don't need "enough" mobility they're not SUPPOSED to be a mobile class. That's their design intention. Constantly asking for DK mobility would be like constantly complaining about why bicycles don't have 4 wheels - they're designed and intended to be that way. If you want something else, go play something else.
    Very simple show me another class that has a defined weakness as stark as the Death knights mobility?

is there any class that is barn none the lowest AoE DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Single target DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Burst DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Cleave DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest CC utility within all specs always and under all circumstances?

the point is without question and without equal there is no class with a weakness as evident as the death knights mobility, the obvious reason for this would be if there is any class so far in one direction with a single strength or weakness they become a nightmare to balance for or against. Hence the reason we dont expect DKs to fill-out the other spectrum of there fantasy in a meaningful way as stated by the developers, because being designed as unquestionably the highest on target dps is as foolish as being designed unquestionably the most immobile.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-08-04 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    barn none
    barn none
    barn none
    barn none
    barn none
    I'm just.... What?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest AoE DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Single target DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Burst DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest Cleave DPS within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    is there any class that is barn none the lowest CC utility within all specs always and under all circumstances?
    I believe the answer to this question currently is Ret Paladin :P.

Bar none btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    Just in: Runeblade of Baron Rivendare is now BIS for Unholy.
    Hahaha nice one

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Death Knight mobility isn't about charging at you. They bring you to them.
    DK's have too much mobility? You cant be serious.

Windwalker Monk - Roll, Flying Serpent Kick + talent row dedicated to increased movement speed.

Rogue - Sprint, Shadow Step, Hook + talent row dedicated to increased movement speed and increased range

Hunter - Hook, Cheetah + talents

Warrior - Intercept (2 charges), Leap + talents

Druid - Sprint, Charge or Displacer

Shaman - Ghost Wolf, Spirit Walk + talents

Demon Hunter - not sure of spells, but I hear its one of the most mobile classes

Death Knight - Wraith Walk (Any action will cancel the movement speed) ... how is this too mobile?

If anything Unholy (which I play) should keep Death's Advance and you should give it to Frost which is suffering badly from movement speed.

We literally have nothing else for gap closing, except deathgrip that taunts and doesn't work on bosses or many other monsters. If you want to give us a reverse deathgrip that doesn't taunt and pulls us to the boss, then removing Death's Advance might make sense, but as it is now this is an awful change.

Deleted
    Stop being casual. Good player always finds opportunities. People are just hurt, because something contains the word "nerf"and they can't look from a different perspective.

Give me ONE raid encounter, where Wraith Walk, is not enough to avoid mechanics.
    Give me ONE PVE/PVP scenario, where you are useless as you make it sound like. You can attack from a range, you can cleave, you have good AoE.

Mobile classes vs. UH(because people tends to compare):

Did you know, that UH pet also have hook? They can't leap away. You still have ranged slow. You still have ranged diseases and attacks. Give them the benefit of being mobile.

Have you even CHECKED the talents for PvP and how OP it would be, to have DA(15% MS)?

I can feel the DA removal and it sucks(just because I like to do old raids quickly). But still, you are not SUPPOSED to be mobile. As UH, you are viable by attacking on the move or to bring your target next to you, giving you unique opportunities(for you and your mates).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-04 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanTN View Post
    Rogue - Sprint, Shadow Step, Hook + talent row dedicated to increased movement speed and increased range
    Also a baseline passive 15% movement speed buff for sub and outlaw (able to talent to 30% if outlaw spec). Also able to teleport to target as part of your standard rotation (shadowstrike) if Sub spec. Rogue is insanely mobile.

I think rogues should be more mobile if the xpac focus is class fantasy, but I'd be really surprised if rogues wind up tuned down to deal slightly less damage than DKs when on target.

Demon Hunters have a lot of utility and movement abilities, so they are fairly strong in Mythic+ dungeons.
    Meanwhile DKs get tuned to be snails, but hey that's okay because we hit harder, except we don't.

As UH, you are viable by attacking on the move or to bring your target next to you, giving you unique opportunities(for you and your mates).
    Our main attack while moving was nerfed recently and we can't bring targets next to us in raids, except for adds which we can do much worse than before because Gorefiend's was also taken.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-08-04 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    But that is the thing - they should had nerfed in the beta, because this is getting to much attention now.

Rest assured that this nerfed damage, will shine during encounters, where almost every melee is failing. It's easy to think, that the core of the design is to pick it, only during movement fights, not because you are the new caster class.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell. Good God.

Are you even comparing the DPS without artifact weapons and how they interact with your DPS? Some classes are more dependent. UH for instance gets a massive DPS ability. Even months after the release when you have maxed out your weapon, everything will once again change. DPS numbers are not giving you any hints about the future.

I'm sorry, but some people offends me when they are giving thier opinions.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-08-04 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    UH has been the mobility spec with a passive 15% movement bonus for 8 years, now all of a sudden too much mobility is an issue? i'd be willing to accept less mobility if we had better passive defenses or better self healing such as reducing the RP cost of DS. but then again, 8 years of giving paladins and mages whatever they want and nerfing the hell out of DKs we should expect nonsense like this. Not every UH DK wants to be slow lumbering LK from forge of souls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    UH has been the mobility spec with a passive 15% movement bonus for 8 years, now all of a sudden too much mobility is an issue? i'd be willing to accept less mobility if we had better passive defenses or better self healing such as reducing the RP cost of DS. but then again, 8 years of giving paladins and mages whatever they want and nerfing the hell out of DKs we should expect nonsense like this. Not every UH DK wants to be slow lumbering LK from forge of souls.
    you didn't use unholy presence in wrath. back then it had absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    true, you would sit in blood for the most part, but DW frost could run UH presence with haste stacking for only a minor DPS loss, but the majority of the time you'd stance swap when mobility was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    If you didn't stay on it, you at least swapped to it. I also feel like I remember having movement speed in the talent tree. I'm pretty sure I was specced into increased passive movement for a small sacrifice. Maybe it just buffed your passive movement while in unholy presence, but there was something.

Honestly, they just need to give DK another grip, give them the option of going to a target or pulling the target to them, that would solve all problems and be super unique because no class currently has the ability to do one or the other, HOWEVER to balance it they would be on a shared cooldown.

Could call it [Wraith Grasp]

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I believe the answer to this question currently is Ret Paladin :P.

Bar none btw.
    paladin have their horse thing as standard now.

Deleted
    What people always forget is that a baseline movement speed of 100% also means you're slower then everyone while leveling, doing dailies, recover from a wipe or doing heroic dungeons.

In my opinion the gaps between high mobility and no mobility are way to wide. Baseline speed should be the same for all classes, and high mobility should always come with active skills that have some sort of drawback.

For me, being so slow compared to others is an absolute fun killer and another reason why I probably won't bother with legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaster View Post
    Wha..? I don't even know what to say to that except you've never played a DK...
    I have. Have you? You apparently have only played your headcanon DK who flits around like a hummingbird, not an actual in-game one.