Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only thing i hate about the AH is the guys who undercut by 1 copper, i never buy from them and i gladly pay the lil extra to the person who was undercut by 1 copper.

LOL, a real economies value is based on supply vs demand. You didn't really include the other two factors, vendor time investment (and it's value to the vendor), and buyer convenience (a version of demand, but significant). See, for my 40k gold (or $15 a month), I already get my monies worth just playing the game. Because of that, I don't feel a need to compete with people like yourself that think they *know* the value of everything in the AH, and have to apply terms like "Joker" to people who don't play by their rules. I get an item I know will sell, I undercut it by 5-10%, and I collect my money in 2 hours. The AH metagame isn't fun for me, so I just want a reasonable value for goods I wont use, and didn't take much int he way of time to collect.

Stop trying to act like all the time you spent on thsi rpocess or post implies you should earn what you expect. Adjust your style to the people beating you at the AH, or get beat. It's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    It's not the case with rare or transmog armour and other items or mats. It would be too expensive to have to re list them all the time.
    I you are having to relist them all the time and it eats any profit you would have made I have some bad news for you...it's not that rare and nobody wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I lost all sympathy for the OP when I read his target price is 500 per glyph.
    why did you loose it thought - you shoudl show sympathy to people with clear mental disadvantage liek those who think anyone will buy glyph for 500g

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    This post seems full with hate that really shouldn't be there.

Who the fuck cares if some people are enjoying being vendors? Why the anger, lol?
    Well, you can say the same thing abou this whole topic, who cares?
    Anyway there is not much to love about these people who feel like elitist playing the auction house.
    Many people think they are whiners.. not my word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Gold gives you access to BMAH and more or less opens the doors to hassle free mythic content, hassle free CMs hassle free you name it people sell it. So ofc its a very serious thing to some especially if you can make gold for free with the AH.

I don't see it as bad. In fact there should be AH titles like Gladiator :P
    P
    Thats the whole problem it seems.. it all seems unintended and way to tryhard.. why would you rpomote such part of the game that is clearly not intended?

I mean, don't get me wrong I have seen so much fanatics arround few years ago, it's just funny seeing people spend so much time in this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I you are having to relist them all the time and it eats any profit you would have made I have some bad news for you...it's not that rare and nobody wants it.
    No, it means the AH isn't good enough to deal with these situations which is why in the real world and other games there's better market systems.

Solution: Empty the bags to an alt (preferably one with a guild bank). Use the alt to play the AH. Start profitting and enjoy.

Or you can just get rid of stuff and then complain why "everyone else gets stuff from BMAH".

- - - Updated - - -

Why you feel profit making through AH is "fucking people over". Don't you have same access to addons and guides to make your own profit playing the AH casually?

The difference between making 500g in the AH and making 500k is a matter of more or less 30 min per day using it properly. Please don't tell me you don't have 30 min per day or you don't feel its worth it. You even have stupid proof addons doing all the work for you. Its just gold waiting to be grabbed.
    profit making isnt fucking people over. Charging an exorbitant amount of gold when the item is no where near worth that much is fucking people over. Doesnt matter. I see stuff like that and i undercut the shit out of people. Maybe i dont make as much but im happy sitting on the several million i have by providing things to people for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    No, it means the AH isn't good enough to deal with these situations which is why in the real world and other games there's better market systems.
    It's not good enough to deal with you having an item for transmog, that you think is worth money...that you can't sell during the time people are buying up transmog left and right...whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Either nobody wants it or you are overvaluing your item, but I can tell that is being lost on you.

Deleted
    Making gold off people like you is the ultimate joy I have in game. Think about it. You re buying me a brand new 2M spider in Legion. All because you don't know how to use the most important map of the game's economy. I love you man really. Especially when I know how much I will farm you from 30 August onwards
    By all means, be my guest. This is a perfect symbiosis: I'm pretty much paying you a premium to care about tedious shit I have no time nor inclination to care for. This makes the world go round, from preparing my lunch to taking out my trash, everyone who's ever rendered a service is "farming" me in this way. We call this strange system the "society"

I don't see it as bad. In fact there should be AH titles like Gladiator :P
    There should be a "Potentate" title that you basically buy for 9 million. Would be p cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can just get rid of stuff and then complain why "everyone else gets stuff from BMAH".
    I can't for the life of me remember bitching about the BMAH. I like the BMAH even if I don't have the nest egg to partake. I make my gold primarily through gathering ores and selling transmog gear, and I do well enough with both without having to play the AH that I can fund pretty much any endeavor I undertake that needs a decent buy-in (and if I can't, I can always throw a couple WoW tokens on the AH to solve the problem).

Playing the AH just doesn't interest me near as much as pricing things to sell so I can pocket some cash and free up inventory space. If the buyer wants to relist or whatever, cool, more power to them. I made my sale and can go back to having fun.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Want to know how I use the Auction house? I boot up my armory app on my phone and have an auto 5% undercut. I click on an item I want to sell set it to a certain stack # and click submit. I check to see if the listing cost is too much to even bother listing it on the AH, but besides that it takes me a minute to set up my auctions. No idea why people spend hours and hours gaming the AH. Might as well get a job and earn money to buy gold.

Deleted
    The only way to do that in the auction house is to manipulate the market and make things difficult for everyone else. They absolutely don't want to promote that kind of behavior by rewarding it with titles.
    Not at all, several M are easy enough to do and don't require anything special. As much as some traders try to make it sound like an achievement, anything short of the new gold cap is strictly casual territory.

It's how the market works.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It's not good enough to deal with you having an item for transmog, that you think is worth money...that you can't sell during the time people are buying up transmog left and right...whatever you gotta tell yourself.

Either nobody wants it or you are overvaluing your item, but I can tell that is being lost on you.
    I'm simply disagreeing with you because what is out there is a different experience to what you're claiming. Doing trades through chat is even better than the AH for certain items.

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR also TLDW

People still hold on to the glyph market? I thought that went down the drain after the changes introduced in Cata.

Ruining markets is my PvP.

It's an absolute blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Pretty much this, if someone sits 5 hours a day scanning, rescanning, sniping, posting, cancelling, reposting and / or farming low lvl mobs for greens and finds it interesting, fun and engaging gameplay he's obviously free to do so but for most people this is worse than fishing, archeology & watching paint dry combined.

My AH stock usually consists of items that have high chance of selling and give decent profit over vendor / mats price. I'm not gonna spend half my gaming time reposting auctions, I have more fun things to do. I rather sell a shirt for 100g which is fairly expensive in comparison to mats but fairly affordable so it sells fast than try to sell it for 1000g because then 1c undercutters start crawling in and many people just don't buy the item altogether ("wtf 1000g for a shirt? I'm so not buying this").

When I bothered with salvage yards before 6.2 nerfs I vendored 80% of the drops from crates and sold other 20% for about 10 times less than current AH price. If resellers want to bother reposting thousands of greenies every day so maybe one sells after 6 months, it's them who wastes time babysitting their auctions.

I have enough gold for my everyday needs and BMAH rarely has anything of interest to me (I did buy 2 toys over the course of WOD, that was it). Even my hype for spider mount is gone now that I saw how big it is (hate mounts that don't pass through doors), I'm now hyped for the fox instead when I saw how small & sleek it is.

Made enough gold from my guild selling BH mount & HFC boosts so I don't have to be desperate to maximize "milking" the AH at the expense of my free time. And since I'm too lazy to farm, most of my profit came from either professions or easy deals (like selling aforementioned vendor pets or things from garrison like medallions or gronnlings).

Most people want to make "easy gold from flipping stuff on the AH" and don't realize this not only requires extensive market knowledge and proper addon setup, but also a lot of time spent.

Famous sellers / resellers on my realm spend tons of time in trade advertising their expensive stock (mounts, transmog, tcg loot, rare patterns for collectors etc.), generally you're turning yourself into a peddler that will get 1 good deal per 100 answers telling you to gtfo. If someone finds pleasure in getting repeatedly trolled / insulted just so you can finally sell 1 item well, their choice. Maybe irl they're a sales representative too and used to this lifestyle.

Can you make a lot of gold this way? Probably. Is it worth your time and nerves? Not for me.
    Exactly. I make my gold in four ways:

- questing, and very occasionally running old dungeons/raids for mounts I don't yet have
    - Selling stuff I craft off mats I happen to gather while playing, or just selling the mats themselves if it's something I can't/don't want to craft
    - Selling the occasional actually rare green/blue/epic I find while playing that's worth something
    - Selling "of the crap" greens to Tradeskillmaster kids who don't understand markets at all, which is a considerable percentage of them

Just doing this - without playing the "buy and repost" game - I have made millions. I've bought entire t3 sets and other stuff off the BMAH, all the regular vendor stuff one could ever want, etc. And I have millions banked for Legion.

My bank did begin to grow even faster when I retired from raiding, since I wasn't having to sink gold into repairs, and I could sell my crafts (like pots) instead of using them myself. Progression raiding is the biggest gold sink in the game, by far. I just don't have time for it these days though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    lol WoW "tycoons".

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    There's nothing wrong with this style of marketing, but I'm biased because I am more or less a "Joker". I do it because it's easy and it makes money with very little effort, and I think these same reasons are why you want it gone tbh, I might not make as much money as you but I require significantly less time and effort. I'm also profiting off you, and I'm sure crazy AH moguls don't like helping others make profit.
    Back in TBC, I controlled a rare yellow cut on my server for a couple of weeks, to get money for flying and my flying mount. It took so much work it removed any fun or gratification out of it, so I went "joker" after that. I realized, as I was buying out listings to control the price, that I was making gold for them - and I'd get stuck with cuts that would take too long to dump. Fuck this. Joker time. So I'd let someone take over, and sell into them - if they're buying cuts to raise the price - here, have my entire inventory. Thanks for the gold - good luck getting rid of them, as there's 12 guys undercutting you by a penny with Auctioneer.

The only time I did anything different is when the lazy SOB's would undercut my stuff by a penny - so I'd cancel, and undercut them by 50% - I only AH stuff with mats I got myself or got along the way, no farming, so it's all profit - and fuck the lazy one penny undercutters. Guess what, I'll sell for 50% of your price, and list twice as many, make the money I intended to, and you get nothing. Oh, wait, no, you get to run from the mailbox to the AH relisting things for a penny less than the other lazy asshole who undercut you. I made good money that way a couple times a month. Yeah, I got "Boo hoo" messages in my inbox from AH whores, but who cares? I'm not breaking game rules, and I owe you nothing. It's business, not personal. I'm doing it to be an asshole to lazy bastards, not make you rich. I just want some gold, and I'm not going to sit here 24/7 on the AH scraping out low margins on quantity.

You want special rules for the AH, to make you richer? Aw, that's cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    there's a white ring I think it's called Gold Wedding Band or something like that and I sold one for 5k, why would you buy that?
    Cosplayers. They buy all kinds of stuff like that. Someone was having a WOW Wedding, and needed the ring.