Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New stamped and dire beast spoil class Fantasy (to me).

The overhaul was inherently polemic. And the biggest change, survival being melee, I can get behind. But my otherwise favorite spec, beast master, feels unplayable. I'm not speaking about its simplicity (it always was, to a degree). But the class Fantasy, the most important thing driving the changes, is ruined for me. Dire beast and stamped are the causes, mainly. Summoning random animals from out of nowhere, most of witch doesn't even fit the environment (unless legion takes place entirely in the great Plains of Africa...guess I missed that memo) is just plain awful. Stamped used to be one of my favorite abilities in the game. Felt great to be with a pack of wolves, that a tamed and (presumably) trained myself. Now? Might as well add a Tarzan roar. I know some (maybe most) like the new spells. But I also know some feel the same. Hope they can "fix" that through glyphs. While we are at it: fury of the eagle using monk animations and spitting cobra using vanilla model are just terribly lazy.
    That's it. Thanks and sorry for the grammar, not my first language.

I think there's a glyph(s) for that, making your Dire Beast and Stampede use your tamed pets. Not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    I think there's a glyph(s) for that, making your Dire Beast and Stampede use your tamed pets. Not 100% sure though.
    There is, it pulls from your Call Pet/Stable. Not available until Legion though.

There's a glyph for Dire Beast that "often" pulls pets from the stable. No idea how often, but apparently they're not solely drawn from the five ready slots, so if you want to control what pets come out you need to control what you tame. There's no glyph for Stampede.

I was so looking forward to running as SV with the mechanical squirrel pet and siccing a pack of them onto people,then they ruined my fun.

As others have said theres the glyph that uses your stabled pets, but you can also take the talent to buff your pet instead of summoning them.

Deleted
    Is Dire Beast available yet? Im beastmaster and I cant find it in my spellbook :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    Is Dire Beast available yet? Im beastmaster and I cant find it in my spellbook :-\
    Did you pick the "Dire Frenzy" Talent ? It replaces Dire Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    As others have said theres the glyph that uses your stabled pets, but you can also take the talent to buff your pet instead of summoning them.
    And do significantly less DPS as a result. Great.

the visuals of a spell ruined an entire class? Not sure if serious but anyway it fits the class fantasy, you're basically the beastmaster, the mark singer dye a tiger black so it's a panther 80's movie. Hence the name of the spec being...beast mastery. For a less obscure reference you're Aqua man but with more than fish. Asking for random beasts to give you aid is pretty much spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabii View Post
    the visuals of a spell ruined an entire class? Not sure if serious but anyway it fits the class fantasy, you're basically the beastmaster, the mark singer dye a tiger black so it's a panther 80's movie. Hence the name of the spec being...beast mastery. For a less obscure reference you're Aqua man but with more than fish. Asking for random beasts to give you aid is pretty much spot on.
    To be fair, they actually tried to cram a lot more fantasies into the spec than it can actually hold. For instance, you can pretend to be a tinker, so long as you avoid all the high dps talents. People like the op who preferred to be masters of specific beasts are SoL. Before this patch my own Stampede was all seagulls, as was my wont. Now I'm avoiding it because I can't control what comes out. I wouldn't call the class ruined, but it's certainly lost a customizability element that it didn't need to.

I frigging love dire beast. It's probably my single favorite spell in thr game right now. I love going on all the different zones I'm leveling through and seeing which three beasts are present. Lighten up a bit. A lot of class fantasy is in function and I certainly feel BM hunter functions as a pet spec with each different animals around. They are a beast MASTER btw. It makes sense that animals come flocking to them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'm really miffed about Stampede; the idea of it being an actual 'stampede' is cool, but having a such a wide range of random animals that have no relation to my hunter or to each other doesn't work for me (it also doesn't adjust itself when the target moves which is an entirely separate, and more serious issue). Collecting pets is a big part of what I love about BM and I really miss having all my favourite pets out at once.

I'm really looking forward to the Dire Stable glyph in Legion; I hope they will consider adding a similar glyph for Stampede at some point but it's probably too much to hope for it to be in at launch now.

I think the Dire Beast glyph is a good concession. We can pressure the devs for a similar one for Stampede?

I'd rather use my stabled pets, personally, but I like that there are options for those who really dig that master-of-the-wilds feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I think the Dire Beast glyph is a good concession. We can pressure the devs for a similar one for Stampede?

I'd rather use my stabled pets, personally, but I like that there are options for those who really dig that master-of-the-wilds feel.
    Last I heard, they tried to make the Stampede glyph work but couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Last I heard, they tried to make the Stampede glyph work but couldn't.
    Probably because Stampede doesn't really use guardian pets anymore. It's just a frontal beam/cone attack. If you use it underwater you can see the pets on the sea floor rather than what you were aiming at. I guess melee animations are more important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    The overhaul was inherently polemic. And the biggest change, survival being melee, I can get behind. But my otherwise favorite spec, beast master, feels unplayable. I'm not speaking about its simplicity (it always was, to a degree). But the class Fantasy, the most important thing driving the changes, is ruined for me. Dire beast and stamped are the causes, mainly. Summoning random animals from out of nowhere, most of witch doesn't even fit the environment (unless legion takes place entirely in the great Plains of Africa...guess I missed that memo) is just plain awful. Stamped used to be one of my favorite abilities in the game. Felt great to be with a pack of wolves, that a tamed and (presumably) trained myself. Now? Might as well add a Tarzan roar. I know some (maybe most) like the new spells. But I also know some feel the same. Hope they can "fix" that through glyphs. While we are at it: fury of the eagle using monk animations and spitting cobra using vanilla model are just terribly lazy.
    That's it. Thanks and sorry for the grammar, not my first language.
    I agree with you. I don't use the Stampede talent, but I hate how dire beast summons these random crappy-looking pets. There is a glyph coming in Legion that makes Dire Beast summon pets from your stable, but I am not sure if it makes dire beast 100% from your stable or just a higher incidence of them coming from your stable. I am crossing my fingers that it is 100%. Even so I still don't like dire beast I would rather hide that visual somehow =\

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I didn't realize dire frenzy replaces dire beast. I think I'll take the DPS loss!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I agree with you. I don't use the Stampede talent, but I hate how dire beast summons these random crappy-looking pets. There is a glyph coming in Legion that makes Dire Beast summon pets from your stable, but I am not sure if it makes dire beast 100% from your stable or just a higher incidence of them coming from your stable. I am crossing my fingers that it is 100%. Even so I still don't like dire beast I would rather hide that visual somehow !
    It's only 80% apparently. Source: http://eyesofthebeast.com/2016/05/ne...phs-in-legion/

I agree with you; I wish it were 100% and I'm not really sure why they didn't do that. Still, I can live with 80%. I just wish there was an equivalent for the new Stampede.

There's a glyph for Dire Beast. My only beef with Stampede, is that it isn't SMART. It should follow the target and not be dependant on the boss standing still. Obviously for PVP, it could still work as the normal frontal cone mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I frigging love dire beast. It's probably my single favorite spell in thr game right now. I love going on all the different zones I'm leveling through and seeing which three beasts are present. Lighten up a bit. A lot of class fantasy is in function and I certainly feel BM hunter functions as a pet spec with each different animals around. They are a beast MASTER btw. It makes sense that animals come flocking to them.
    I agree, overall I love the feeling of BM and the potential it will have. Hati (whom can be transmogged or changed to look like a stabled pet of yours I believe)+ them tasty artifact traits...
    A bit sad that it's, for some reason, gaining the "for huntards"-stamp but that just makes it even bigger to excell at the spec. If there was room for a clear line between those that could play and couldn't in Classic, there will for damned sure be one in Legion. xd

My only concern is that Blizzard will treat it as the "for new players"-spec and not balance it to compete with the other hunter specs as a result... The other hunter specs are not difficult for seasoned hunters to master, it's just that I'm not keen on spending x amount of additional tiers with MM, but now with RNG and hard-casting added once HFC 4-p perks go away... not to mention being forced into melee...

But they NEED to kill the whistle-sound, SHARPISH!!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-04 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post

I didn't realize dire frenzy replaces dire beast. I think I'll take the DPS loss!
    Last time I checked, Dire Frenzy is a dps loss, lol.