Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legion Audio Drama Part Four, Q2 2016 Earnings Call

Harbingers - Illidan

Legion Audio Drama - The Tomb of Sargeras - Part Four: Standing Alone
    The fourth and final part of the Audio Drama has been released! You can download the MP3 here.

Activision Blizzard Q2 2016 Earnings Call
    Keep in mind that Blizzard no longer reports World of Warcraft subscriber numbers.

World of Warcraft
    • Legion pre-purchases are tracking in-line with the previous expansion.
    • There have been very positive trends for WoW over the past month thanks to Legion and the Warcraft movie.
    • The uplift from the movie in China has been especially strong.

Overwatch
    • Overwatch now has over 15 million players globally, including box and digital sales, internet game room players, and multi-user console households
    • In China, Overwatch broke the previous record set by Diablo III as the fastest-selling PC game in the market’s history.
    • Overwatch also currently holds the number one position in Korean Internet Game Rooms with over 30% share of play time.
    • Overwatch has life-to-date revenue of about half a billion dollars.
    • Players have spent about 500 million hours playing Overwatch.

Hearthstone
    • Hearthstone had record total quarterly time spent with the launch of the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion
    • Hearthstone had double digit revenue growth year-over-year.

Blizzard
    • Activision Blizzard had 491 million Monthly Active Users in the quarter.
    • Blizzard had the biggest quarterly online player community in its history, with MAUs of 33 million, up 29% quarter-over-quarter and 13% year-over-year.
    • Blizzard had its biggest segment revenue quarter and first half year, ever.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-04 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Those Overwatch stats are nuts.

Thats 57,000 years of overwatch play time...damn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Makes me glad to read this.

well it's consoles, you get such a h uge bump from them.

seeing how they did FFXIV, and TESO also on consoles and those games are really picking up too, with strong followings, guess where a good chunk of their playber base is on? Yep !! Consoles, not PCs

If WoW went to PC< it would probably treble in revenue, ofc they'd have to update the world a 2nd time, can't have some of those trees in places like Moonglade/Ferelas/Mulgore/Un'goro make it to console like that, you'd need next gen graphs but it could be done.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and Tomb of Sargeras is best wow literature adventure yet, it raises the bar quite a bit from the stuff we are use to seeing.

@Mace

dude, stop even considering WoW on consoles. it's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    King make me sad...

I understand why "indies" games are so popular now... $$$$$$$$

I just cannot fathom Candy Crush and it's continued growth. I don't get it, but I get why they bought it. I just hope they don't get burned in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    @Mace

dude, stop even considering WoW on consoles. it's never going to happen.
    This. Just Don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I hope wow doesn't get ported to console, only because when people REALLY hate on it, they will assume the console is just the same as the computer version..

Edit: so the link for the script has all parts in it, just scroll down for part four
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2016-08-04 at 11:20 PM.

My god, those audio drama are FUCKING AWESOME !!!!! hopefully one day someone will animate them <3

@Console-phobia, why, what's so terrible with wow becoming available on console? surely it would mean another world update, possibly as much as a 3-400% rise in player base, and ofc extended lifetime and development -- why not console?

Didn't blizzard attempt it a while ago but put it on hold or somethin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    My god, those audio drama are FUCKING AWESOME !!!!! hopefully one day someone will animate them <3
    agreed
    hopefully one day all the books and material would be at that standard at least.

Overwatch has life-to-date revenue of about half a billion dollars.
    Players have spent about 500 million hours playing Overwatch.

"That's like a dollar an hour!!" ~ Napoleon Dynamite

It is cool that the tomb of sargeras part 4 mentions the wow player base. You never really see that done in wow lore

I love knowing Heroes of the Shitstorm has been omitted out of the reports because the game bombed so hard not even fanboys and Felicia Day could save that sleazy, incomplete piece of broken-imbalanced shit game.

Keep living in denial that HoTS is good like a fanboy like WoW fanboys are in denial knowing Legion is a piece of sjw-corrupted shit that will probably kill WoW.

... Them OW numbers doe! Holy PALADIN!!

Glad to see the positive points about WoW, it's pretty clear from playing both on Beta and Live that things are looking up from the dropped ball called Warlords of Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    I love knowing Heroes of the Shitstorm has been omitted out of the reports because the game bombed so hard not even fanboys and Felicia Day could save that sleazy, incomplete piece of broken-imbalanced shit game.

Keep living in denial that HoTS is good like a fanboy like WoW fanboys are in denial knowing Legion is a piece of sjw-corrupted shit that will probably kill WoW.
    Damn. Someone is salty. Also how is Legion "a piece of sjw-corrupted shit" I don't get it what did they do to it to appease to SJWs?

You can bet if there was 15 million WoW players this quarter they wouldn't hide the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

If WoW went to PC< it would probably treble in revenue,
    you have never played wow.. .right?