Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can I get a video on how you were always on at the exact time I was when posting glyphs :[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I dont hate you for buying win you seem to hate me for selling mine
    I don't hate you for selling. That kind of runs counter to my original point in this thread. A lot of us who just dump our inventory onto the AH aren't out to screw auctioneers over. We're just unloading our shit and don't care what happens from there so long as the gold shows up in our mailbox. That doesn't imply, on any scale, that I hate people who use the AH to make their money. It just means I make mine differently, perhaps at a less-efficient pace, and I'm at peace with that.

I have bank alt guild bank free inventory on mains and still making sales + profit and having fun. Why u try to make it look like those of us who play the AH are tryhards that dont enjoy the game?
    I'm not tho? I'm just explaining my side of things. As I said, if someone wants to relist my auctions, more power to them. That's a phrase that amounts to "you do you, it doesn't matter to me." And I didn't intend to imply that auctioneers are tryhards who don't enjoy the game, the implication there was that once I dump my inventory onto the AH, I go back to the things I find fun, of which playing the AH isn't on that list.

I'm not sure if you were just in the wrong mindset and reading into things because of what other posters were saying, but I do take exception to putting words in my mouth when taking my now-three posts into context with one another, posts I know you've read as you quoted them to respond to them, shows that I'm simply explaining that a lot of the players the OP tried to frame as willful, malicious, market-destroying anarchists simply do not care enough to learn the AH 'meta' and just want to post for fast sales so they can focus on other aspects of the game.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    I really like farming, always have. But I'm also one of the laziest person alive so when I try sell my farming goods on AH I usually just look at the price once then undercut by something I remember was below the cheapest. At times I end up undercutting with like 200-300 gold, sometimes even with a few thousand when I find something very expensive.
    I was like thins too.But then i instal Actionator addon who shows me the prices becase the same ppl like OP set a baits too so you will undercut few items to can the made a huge profit

not sure what the alternative is except for making everything work like wow token

Why do people still cry about AH antics on the game in 2016?

Also, i undercut like a madman. It's a blast.

I've seen this whine thread before. I wonder if it was the same person. Oh no people post things way lower than what you think is the right price for quick sale. Most people arent losers clicking refresh on the ah every 20 seconds. the self righteous entitlement is sickening

If I see 2 pages of stuff with one persons name I make it a point to post 2 pages of the same stuff 50% cheaper.

Also people who sell crafting mats in singles for 8 pages, you are cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    Can I get a video on how you were always on at the exact time I was when posting glyphs :[
    Go to the website that shows what times people post at then be online at those times. My longest no life stretches were around 18 hours I think, besides expansion launches those are around 30 hours, I have my main account and another one that just has a bank alt at the AH canceling and reposting. Whenever I switch toons, use a flight path, have to craft thousands of something that takes literally hours to do (fuck you milling/inks and tailoring bolts) I'm on my second account living la vida loca on the AH.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2016-08-05 at 05:50 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I do this with transmog crap. Aside from a very limited selection of some pretty rare stuff, especially stuff that no longer drops, most transmog is ridiculously overpriced. 8+ copies of the same green "of the crap" item, all priced at hundreds of gold but 1c apart on the AH form 8 different sellers who are busy cancelling and reposting to undercut each other each day - and a lot of those greens have a 1-3g listing price, so for some items it won't take long for you to destroy your profits just in all those posting fees for however many days/weeks/months it takes you to sell a low-demand item.

I love Tradeskillmaster junkies who get into the transmog market. By my estimation more than half the people using that monstrosity just do themselves more harm than good. I play them, and it's easy to do. They set up their groups to scan for "deals" en masse and they often aren't making sound item-by-item decisions. So I post an "of the crap" green for 100x the vendor price, say 100g, and they buy it and repost it at 1000x the vendor price because of course the world is burning to pay for another "of the crap" green that costs 1000g on the AH. And if you look, a month later they're still reposting the same damn items. Meanwhile, I took my 100x vendor price and happily banked it. Many of them funded their purchases/posting fees by spending hours doing ore shuffles and other tedious things. I have made a fortune off these people and I doubt they have any idea.
    Transmog is a hell of a market, I thought I'd make it big running 60 raids on two characters every week when 4.3 hit, because a lot of the the greens in the 55-60 range were going for thousands, I figured I'd get quick sales selling at low hundreds (like 150-250)

Long story short, I relisted the same pieces every a day for three months, a and didn't make one sale, lost thousands in listing fees and refuse to deal in normal transmog items ever again. Taking a loss on listing fees over sales is one thing, not selling anything at 10% of the previous market price is another. Having some of the inexperienced TSM players would have been nice.

Back when bags were needed, I thought that 10g - 15g (buyout) was a fair price for a netherweave bag. So whenever I ran black temple and had lots of netherweave I would turn them into bags and sell them for that price, obviously I wouldn't if they were cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    Transmog is a hell of a market, I thought I'd make it big running 60 raids on two characters every week when 4.3 hit, because a lot of the the greens in the 55-60 range were going for thousands, I figured I'd get quick sales selling at low hundreds (like 150-250)

Long story short, I relisted the same pieces every a day for three months, a and didn't make one sale, lost thousands in listing fees and refuse to deal in normal transmog items ever again. Taking a loss on listing fees over sales is one thing, not selling anything at 10% of the previous market price is another. Having some of the inexperienced TSM players would have been nice.
    The only greens that I sold in MoP were "Glorious" pieces from AQ, because they're skimpy chain mail bikini. Nothing else I listed ever sold, I finally gave up and DE'ed them all, and sold the mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been selling copper rods to stupid enchanters for a couple of years now. You can buy them from a vendor for a 24 copper I sell them for 50 gold.

Me every trip to the mailbox.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-08-05 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Progression raiding is the biggest gold sink in the game, by far.
    Yeah, but progression raiding is what gave me the most fond memories from WOW, even if it wasn't cutting edge hardcore progression but just slowly overcoming bosses together with a guild. Therefore for me it's not gold or time wasted.

I don't have fond memories from buying an expensive mount or a boost for a chore achievement (hint hint: nemesis). Gold allowed me to do so, I'm content with the fact I could afford it, but I would never trade the feeling of progression raiding for 100 million gold, spider mount, t3 bmah transmog and tcg tabard. I actually came back to raiding in hfc after a long break because my wow experience felt hollow without it.

I can imagine some people only care to make gold, then buy a boost for a mythic clear with a mount and feel the game is complete for them. For me, it isn't.

But good those people exist since mythic guilds wouldn't have customers otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post

Similar experience with my piles of salvage crates pre-nerf, only things I sold reliably were some skimpy stuff like blood knight mail (bikini mail armor mogged by nelf / belf hunters usually) and I think it's named bloodscale? A red plate armor that has exposed midriff and bikini pants. And few items that dropped only from salvage crates because their original sources were removed, mostly items from pre-cata rare vanilla mobs, a lot of them were so ugly though no one wanted it, just a couple with special models (like nimar's tribal headdress - looks like int leader loom but is cloth).

Glorious armor is famous, but it's not the only plate bikini out there. Thing is, it never dropped from salvage crates so the supply stayed low. However you can get skimpy pants from quest in tbc Terokkar or as a drop from AQ, you can get skimpy chest from Sunken Temple and Razorfen Downs and quest in Hellfire Peninsula... there are options for "slut mogs" for those who don't want to pay a lot.

And most people who use transmog use sets (old raid tiers, old pvp sets, cm set), the market in low lvl greens is very narrow. After cleaning up my inventories for the wardrobe I found a copy of the dress I use on my warlock, I find it pretty and fel-green colour that matches to a warlock (combined it together with some fel green pvp shoulders) and guess what, I found there are at least several copies of the same dress on the AH for 200-250g. Supply outweighs the demand. Especially now that you only need 1 copy of the item per account, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Below is a transcript of my latest video.
    TL;DR - Video link.
    TL;DW:
    Some players do massive undercuts on consumable items like glyphs, and make their money of getting their auctions bought out to initiate a price reset. I bitch about it (somewhat succinctly) for five minutes.
    You're just bad at marketing. Start from this:

3. Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
    7. Keep your ears open and your eyes on the mark.
    9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
    10. Greed is eternal.
    59. Free advice is seldom cheap.
    74. Knowledge equals profit.
    168. Whisper your way to success.
    261. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.

All I see is someone who is posting glyphs at a normal market value, while you try to post at 2000%++ value? You're the problem here, not the "joker".

Also, is self promotion allowed on this forum? And God, is there in thing that stops me from subscribing/liking a video, it is "and don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Pardon my french, but if you are reading this, asshats on Proudmoore who don't into economics. Glyphs cost money to make. Selling them for 5s is not a profit.
    Some people do not care about "profit" but rather liquidation of assets. They are in the mode to get rid of inventory quickly and do not truly "care" for the AH aspect.

While that mucks up your "job"... it makes his "game" fun.

Usually these people run out of mats pretty quickly. But it's that time when a new expansion is coming.. and MANY people are doing this.

Again, the AH to them isn't a "metagame" it's just a source to unload crap and get some gold. They don't and shouldn't care if your mailbox is full of profit or not.

I don't think that specific guy is doing what he does to profit off the reset money he gets. If that were his plan he would not have his prices tiered like he does, there is no point in that. I think he just does not understand what he is doing and places with the mindset of "well I will try and sell it for 100g, but if that does not sell maybe I will sell one at 75,50,25" and so on.

I feel you are playing a game of chess but getting beat by the guy playing checkers because you give him way too much credit. There are at least 2 ways I can think of right now to force him out of the market much faster than you think and I would gladly share this with you were we not on the same realm. Fret not, I have no dog in the glyph game for the moment there are simply much more profits to be had elsewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post

As an example, I sell glyphs at 500g
    Something I never understood, why are glyphs so overpriced, when majority is from trainer/research and the material cost is minimal. Never bought a glyph from AH, always did it myself or asked a guildie with my own materials.

OP, I don't AH... I tend to look up whatever I currently have to sell... undercut by half... as long as that price is at least twice vendor price I post it... otherwise I just vendor it... not worth the hassle. I almost never get items back from the AH and I don't have to deal with all the drama. I do not craft items for sell nor do I try to get the best deal. It's a game and I don't have time to take it this seriously.

People who make posts like this have zero ability to compete in an actual economy and get mad that everyone else is trying to do the same thing he is, but when he does it then it is good hard work, when someone else does it they are cheating bastard lowlife jerk trying to ruin his game. *rolls eyes*

I am not going to stand behind you in line just so you can make money. I give fuck all if you sell anything. I am going to move my product as fast as possible and someone out there is going to save some money for having paid less. I don't buy resources to make product, I get my own resources to make product and then my only expense is time. If I spend 300 gold on resources then I have to make 325+ gold to recoup my losses on the sale, but if I only expend my time then any price I drop it to is pure profit because I am going to be playing the game and investing time regardless. That is why I can out price you, I don't have to recoup losses.

Just like in real life, you can imagine there are make believe rules of behavior where you will be at the front of the line making as much money as you want but in real life the guy who can figure out how to undercut you and move his product first is the winner, that may make him a dick but at least he is a dick who has the gold and he who has the gold makes the rules.
    Thems the rules, get gud or get out. Getting all mad about it on the internet isn't going to fix your issues.