Thread: Season 7

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DiEx View Post
    Hey guys, I know that it is hard to test 4 man group on the PTR, but any of you have an idea on which comp will be the new meta? Seems like having 2 Helltooth WD is the way to go, paired with a zDPS barb and another flex support. I hope this is not the case as I would love to have a chance to play my DH in a party enviroment without gimping my group
    The problem stands as always - one spec came out broken compared to the others. You're not gimping your group because of your char being underpowered, but another one has a synergy that likely has gone overlooked.

This is the case of Wormwood + Ring of Emptiness. It's basically a 300% dps increase for free, and any WD build can use that actually.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am veeery happy about the upcoming patch http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2020...view-7-26-2016 and Season 7 As an casual player this really makes me happy and I do know some people who enjoy the changes and just like me feel that the game is more and more relaxing. Good.

seasons are only fun for 1 - 2 months. When you get geared its all the same

Quote Originally Posted by powahgg View Post
    We play soo casually and slow that we won't be even fully geared when season ends This is why it's constant fun for us

Quote Originally Posted by powahgg View Post
    Well, most people play for the journey so it's all done pretty fast - some people are done in like 12 hours. A lot even care only about the stash space. Then there are ladders, but either you play 100% efficiently and a lot, or you're out.

The RoE nerf has pretty much killed HT WDs viability in 4 mans. This means that Tals ET or Fire Wiz will take the top spot again. So back to 1 Wiz / 3 sup meta.

GG Bliz.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    The RoE nerf has pretty much killed HT WDs viability in 4 mans. This means that Tals ET or Fire Wiz will take the top spot again. So back to 1 Wiz / 3 sup meta.

GG Bliz.
    Actually not. It's just people not trying anything different from previous seasons. No one tried double jade that is still good with the buff, standard HT build is as storng as before and Monk is extremely interesting this patch too. Also stacking 3 supports is not going to work due to nerfs and not being able to stack enough damage buffs to clear high GRs. I've heard rumors about a Jade WD + big dog WD (jade for aoe, big dog for st due to his 29billion dps)

People is all around mad, while RoE was made specifically for Jade and possibly Arachyr and feedback from a lot of people playing WD reported it as broken for other builds. Better an hotfix now before season starts than halfway down the road or leaving it go rampart for a full season like twister wizards.

GG Bliz.
    Gen Monk was 14% stronger on boss and 25% weaker on 15 target aoe. Now Gen Monk is pushing double the dps on aoe and boss.

Wiz is still below WD.

WD runs Furnace and CoE instead and still uses Haunt(cuz free dmg) and sacrifice. It still can clear high. Group did 95 first try with double WD at 1400 paragon. Is it better than double gen monk? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Though its still the second best atm.

ET lost over 25 GR tiers worth of damage this patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Actually not. It's just people not trying anything different from previous seasons. No one tried double jade that is still good with the buff, standard HT build is as storng as before and Monk is extremely interesting this patch too. Also stacking 3 supports is not going to work due to nerfs and not being able to stack enough damage buffs to clear high GRs. I've heard rumors about a Jade WD + big dog WD (jade for aoe, big dog for st due to his 29billion dps)

People is all around mad, while RoE was made specifically for Jade and possibly Arachyr and feedback from a lot of people playing WD reported it as broken for other builds. Better an hotfix now before season starts than halfway down the road or leaving it go rampart for a full season like twister wizards.
    Sadly jades aoe has nothing on monk. That and jade literally doesn't do good single target. Its boss dps is pretty sad when it comes to real bosses.

Soul Harvest on a boss in ancient gear with 60 augs at paragon 1000 only does around 600b(obviously have up to 2 harvest during CoE for 200% every 16sec). Monks crippling wave at 6APS does 90b per hit and builds stricken stupidly fast.

Lets go to aoe. Lets take the 600B and apply that to 15 mobs and we get 9tril every ~4 seconds. Monk in 4 seconds will do 90b per target 6 times a second. So we get over 2 tril per target in 4 seconds. We are sitting at over 30tril in 4 seconds. I am ignoring CoE since both have it. I am also ignoring the haunt damage to the same target since haunt will target other mobs if it has haunt already. You will also be wiping haunts off as soon as Soul Harvest is up. Locust and Haunts damage is pretty minor. Less than 600M(MILLION) per tick and Locust is half of that. Adding best cast scenario you won't come close to Monk.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2016-08-05 at 07:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played since s3 and which I played a barb that had all sets and ancient quality of just about everything. Is it worth rolling barb again for this season or is it still more of the same mechanics? What toon is shaping up to be strong in s7?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Sadly jades aoe has nothing on monk. That and jade literally doesn't do good single target. Its boss dps is pretty sad when it comes to real bosses.
    Yeah, the point was that RoE HT was kinda on the side of broken, and they wanted to avoid another situation like s5 and s6. Anyway Gen Monk is really good, so basically we're going to see 2dps monks/2sup everywhere as it was 2HT/2sup before the nerf. Or whatever the "meta will be, really.

Nothing changes from the usual situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I haven't played since s3 and which I played a barb that had all sets and ancient quality of just about everything. Is it worth rolling barb again for this season or is it still more of the same mechanics? What toon is shaping up to be strong in s7?
    all classes are able to clear 90+ solo, some with more builds, others with one. If you're not going to dabble with leadernboards and aim only for journey/casual gameplay, then you'll be fine with barb.

Monk is looking the best dps class atm, but both Uliana and Generator builds revolve around snapshotting which can make quite a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Will we ever get new class sets?
    lol. But I didn't have the time to sink into EVE as much as I love that game.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

There are 2 man clears of 111/112 with Sup Monk + ET Wiz post patch. ET still works as they haven't touched the damage. You just have to pull mobs/boss into small areas and spray and pray. Firebird Archon is also very strong. Gen Monk does good damage albeit with some survivability issues north of GR 85. The fact that it's still considered squishy after having Unity ring in it's solo build should tell you something.

No WD spec comes close to these three in terms of raw damage. As far as dps goes in 4 man groups, it's a toss up between Wiz and Monks.

There are 2 man clears of 111/112 with Sup Monk + ET Wiz post patch. ET still works as they haven't touched the damage. You just have to pull mobs/boss into small areas and spray and pray. Firebird Archon is also very strong. Gen Monk does good damage albeit with some survivability issues north of GR 85. The fact that it's still considered squishy after having Unity ring in it's solo build should tell you something.

No WD spec comes close to these three in terms of raw damage. As far as dps goes in 4 man groups, it's a toss up between Wiz and Monks.
    No they are not post patch. The way the patch worked was if you hadn't closed your game you didn't get the patch. They were pre patch.

Post Patch Twister IF IT COULD STACK does half of Gen Monks dps... and it can't stack now.

LOL. They broke the set the ring was meant to buff.

Well its always been Blizzard's trademark to fix something and break something else in the process. So i'am not really that surprised tbh. Just hope we don't have to wait a whole season to get a fix for this.

Well its always been Blizzard's trademark to fix something and break something else in the process. So i'am not really that surprised tbh. Just hope we don't have to wait a whole season to get a fix for this.
    WD wasn't playable if they removed the RMAH button... hence why it was on the screen for months after it was gone.

Man i'am salty as fuck that i can't get to play an op class for once. Been watching Wizards faceroll for 2 seasons and now when it's finally the WD's turn to shine, Blizz pulls the rug from under us. FeelsBadMan. Where was their l33t hotfixing skillz when ET was broken for two whole seasons?

Ah well i'll still end up playing WD nerfed/bugged or otherwise. Can't stand Wizards. Fuck you Harry Potter.

Deleted
    Im wondering what to pick this Season. I want to be able to both be good solo, and not completely useless in groups (Like DH last season) Thinking of a Barbarian. Advice?

In other words: Which class has the FOTM?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Im wondering what to pick this Season. I want to be able to both be good solo, and not completely useless in groups (Like DH last season) Thinking of a Barbarian. Advice?

In other words: Which class has the FOTM?
    Monks and Wizards are strong

With the CC and BBV nerfs, DH will more than likely replace WDs as supports in four man groups with Barbs and even Saders filling up the remaining support slot.
    WDs were supposed to be the FotM but with the recent RoE change, no one knows.