Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't particularly understand this topic. Sure I understand the question. But you tell us that you are a seasoned guildleader, yet you do not know if you are late to the party or not and it is would be hard or not. And sure I am coming at you right now for asking this question because I would expect a seasoned leader to know this stuff. But appearantly you don't which either means that I have far higher standards from what I regard as a guildleader. Or you overestimate yourself as being seasoned. Or you might be seasoned (as in being a leader for a long time) but not a very good one.

I am sorry I wrote this - was not my intention to put you down or something.

Now as I am a good and seasoned guildleader (or so other people tell me from years back to now):
    It depends if you have time to organise your guild in time or what your goals are.
    If you want a casual guild (that raids) and have no expectations to clear a certain difficulty within the normal amount of time, you can start recruiting whenever. Just make sure your guild is fun for your recruits. Good atmosphere etc.
    If your guild wants to make sure it downs every content piece available (raidwise), then without good raiderfriends to start a core with, you are pretty much fucked. You are better of to join another guild and try to make officer there etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must agree with Vaelorian: you need to work out what you want to achieve with your new guild and stick to it, recruiting like minded people with similar goals to yours.

Are you trying to build something that is going to be 13/13 mythic HFC by launch? if so, yes, you probably are too late to the party unless you fantastically lucky. Are you trying to build something that will try things out and see how far you can get then hit the floor running in Legion? You are definitely NOT late to the party for that.

I've been GM of my guild for over 8 years now and one thing I can guarantee you is that you will see the same cycles year in year out, tier in, tier out. Start of an expac / tier, everyone is up for it! Everyone is so going to be there for the team 100% of the time! Then you'll get a cockblock boss that for whatever reason you struggle with on whatever difficulty (for us it was Mythic Tyrant) and people will suddenly lose interest and start to slip away. You'll have cancelled raids and morale will suffer. Then, out of the blue, you'll get a number of good recruits and progress picks up and the cycle starts again. Do not let it dishearten you.

Do not fall into the trap of thinking your team is ever complete and NEVER stop recruiting. Use every channel available to you. Always have slightly more than you need and always have people mature enough to be happy to sit out on a night or two.

If you can't logon all the time or can't do everything the guild needs organisation-wise, have a strong and dependable team of officers in roles that they excel at. If your Guild can't survive without you there all the time, you have built a castle on sand.

All of this takes time and dedication, yes but if you have the will to make it happen, it will happen: just be prepared to take some knocks as well as riding the wave.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarge View Post
    With Legion coming out, and this being expansion number 6, do you guys think its to difficult to establish a raiding guild? Trying to form a group of people when theres already a ton of other raiding guilds. If it isnt to hard, then how would you guys go about establishing a guild with in legion?
    It's always hard to start a raiding guild. Legion is actually an easier place to start than WoD for example, the more game changes, the more people are lost in general and thus nobody expects perfection from guild organisation, much less from players - this is of course when talking about a casual raiding guild but you won't have time to organize anything more serious before Legion launches either.

I fail to see why you'd want to start a new guild.

I've seen it happening on my server, all the people with the attention span of goldfish are back advertising their aspirations for Legion. Just like they did last expansion and the one before that.

Realistically OP, what are you going to get now?
    - You're going to get people who quit and returned - ya'know, the type that will leave again when the shine wears off wiping a few times
    - A complete mixed bag of skill levels which only leads to unhappiness and people leaving
    - People who may not gel as personalities (lets face it, you want numbers now because numbers attract people) It's only later you find out the people don't fir together.

Bottom line, if you don't have a "core group" that you need to flesh out then starting a guild instead of joining one is almost certainly going to fail.