Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    Finishing your class campaign for the third slot will give you 830+ weapon even with horrible luck and green quest/craftable runes. Mind you this will take at minimum a week
    I thought that unlocking the third relic slot is a month's work, not just a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Yrael View Post
    I thought that unlocking the third relic slot is a month's work, not just a week?
    It takes time. Not a month though. I unlocked it on my first beta character relatively fast. Meaning I didnt experience any sense of setback.

One of the last hotfixes reduced the requirements for the class hall armor and upgrades. You can get 2p the same day you ding 110 and upgrade them both to 830 pretty easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guzacon View Post
    If you collected at least 3 Pillars of creation you'll already have 3 ilvl 800 pieces, plus your Artifact (around 800). Go to Suramar ASAP and you'll get a few items while reaching Friendly rep, then go for WQ doing first those granting you gear. I reached ilvl 810 without even noticing it, to be honest! I believe I queued for one Normal dungeon, in which I looted one 815 item.
    How long does all of this take?

you should be around 800 ilvl hitting 110. so i guess 1 day after u ll step into heroics. dont forget that artifact ilvl is higher than average gear ilvl.

I tallied up the Frost mage board for 3rd relic, 43 days.

I'm not on beta but don't forget to factor in that gear gets random upgrades. So even if it's supposed to drop 800 you have a good chance of it being 810 anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Blizzard will mostlikely do reset before Legion launches to prevent that. I also thought about that and did some research and everyone was saying it isin't possible.
    For EU it is, expansion release is on tuesday and maintenance is on wednesday. Also they changed reset time to 07:00, so they won't change it. Otherwise why did they decide on 07:00 to begin with?

I hit 810 pretty quickly by doing the world quests that awarded gear in between dungeon queues as a dps. It didn't seem like a very big feat. I did have a lucky world boss drop right away that helped a bit.

use your 3 bonus rolls on the 3 world bosses, 6 chances for 860+ loot

From what I've seen, each class has two quests where you need to complete 4-5 quest missions. These missions only appear once a day, so at a bare minimum it'll take 9-10 days before you can complete your class campaign for your third socket.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I tallied up the Frost mage board for 3rd relic, 43 days.
    3rd relic comes from the class hall campaign, not the class hall research.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    Noone has mentioned crafted items so far. You can get a full set of 815 gear not long after dinging 110.

So normal dungeons drop ilvl 815 gear? Seems that crafting wont be of any value after all... since it will need huge amount of time to upgrade your crafts to a good ilvl (and maybe if you spend that time on anything else will give you the same gear). Proffs will be good for our 4th+ alt that will level up 2-3 months later I guess..

also, can someone tell me how gearing works in Legion, I mean ilvl rewards based on content... Normal dungeons, heroic, mythic, LFR, normal raid, etc..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    So normal dungeons drop ilvl 815 gear? Seems that crafting wont be of any value after all... since it will need huge amount of time to upgrade your crafts to a good ilvl (and maybe if you spend that time on anything else will give you the same gear). Proffs will be good for our 4th+ alt that will level up 2-3 months later I guess..
    Not in my experience, hit 110 on my monk this week, 6 dungeons, several hours, 2 pieces of loot. If I was solely doing normal dungeons for gear, it would take me weeks. I think your forgetting Obliterum. You are extremely dependant on professions, and your gonna be SOOL if you don't have a crafting profession to make your own, because it's going to cost.

Crafted gear goes upto 860 from day one, If anything, professions and crafting gear are going to make normal/heroic dungeons obsolete. Hell, that's higher than the base drop in NORMAL Nightmare. It tops LFR Nighthold.
    Casuals are going to be using crafted gear for several months. they've already said that crafted gear will increase in Ilvl over time as new raid tiers are added too, meaning crafting will still be relevant to the majority of players until the very end of legion.

Aside from extremely lucky power rolls on gear from world quests / bosses Your gonna struggle to replace this stuff for quite some time.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-08-05 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Not in my experience, hit 110 on my monk this week, 6 dungeons, several hours, 2 pieces of loot. If I was solely doing normal dungeons for gear, it would take me weeks. I think your forgetting Obliterum. You are extremely dependant on professions, and your gonna be SOOL if you don't have a crafting profession to make your own, because it's going to cost.

Crafted gear goes upto 860 from day one, If anything, professions and crafting gear are going to make normal/heroic dungeons obsolete. Hell, that's higher than the base drop in NORMAL Nightmare. It tops LFR Nighthold.
    Casuals are going to be using crafted gear for several months. they've already said that crafted gear will increase in Ilvl over time as new raid tiers are added too, meaning crafting will still be relevant to the majority of players until the very end of legion.

Aside from extremely lucky power rolls on gear from world quests / bosses Your gonna struggle to replace this stuff for quite some time.
    the upgrade is 5 ilvl each time... you need 9 upgrades for a single item to reach 860 ilvl... maybe it will be tolerable to have 1-2 pieces upgraded, but thinking of having full 860 craft seem unrealistic in my opinion, cause the grinding you will need for obliterum and blood of sargeras will be huge!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This is my groups current plan for EU launch. Leveling fast means we get to do them just before they reset. Level -> do some world quests that pops that awards gear -> mythic dungeons.
    Do mythic dungeons and raids reset on Wednesdays for EU? thats kinda lame if you level fast enough EU gets a second set of mythic dungeons first week since US would have to level very quickly to fit them in before the reset the same night as launch.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    the upgrade is 5 ilvl each time... you need 9 upgrades for a single item to reach 860 ilvl... maybe it will be tolerable to have 1-2 pieces upgraded, but thinking of having full 860 craft seem unrealistic in my opinion, cause the grinding you will need for obliterum and blood of sargeras will be huge!
    In my experience, no. As a leatherworker, I manage to make a good 40 bits of crafted gear (only form the leather obtained from levelling in 1 day) melted it all down into Obliterum and I had plenty. A bit of focused grinding (as is always required with these things) and I'd say you could have 10 Obliterum/hour as a LW (with rank 3 patterns ofc) I sent it to my monk, whos a JC. I don't know wtf is going on with JC right now, but over the entire time levelling I aquired enough gems to make... nothing.

Dependant on proff, you can make a tonne of Obliterum very easily. I'm making my Monk an LW in preparation if JC goes live as-is.

Edit: Don't expect a reply, going to bed. Nighty Night.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post

Crafted gear only goes up to 850 equal to normal nightmare loot http://www.wowhead.com/item=124125/obliterum "up to a maxamum level of 850"

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    use your 3 bonus rolls on the 3 world bosses, 6 chances for 860+ loot
    No world boss when you start, that is only after first raid opens.