Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So they caved after all the whining. Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Blizz making the same mistake over and over again.

Trying to tell us how we are supposed to enjoy the game...

Blizz, please stop trying to patronize us. It's not enjoyable at all.
    This kind of comment really annoys me. They're not telling us how to play the game. They're giving us more flexibility to choose for ourselves. It was LIMITING the zoom which was a case of them telling us how we are supposed to enjoy the game. This is the OPPOSITE. They are GIVING us a greater choice of zooms again.

Sometimes I wonder if you people just love to argue about anything for the sake of arguing. I bet you're a fun person to bring to a party. "Hey, Eggroll, have some cake?" "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its more of case of devs who have no balls and no confidence in their own product - it will have devastating resoults in long term - very bad for the game
    oh yes its sooooo very bad. Its only been in the game for 12 damn years. But only now will it effect the game /facedesk

If people like the more zoomed in camera. There is the option to you know, not zoom out. I am willing to bet most of the people saying it should remain are casters, and definatly not tanks. I wonder how long it will be before these same people were screaming for the game to be changed back when they got killed by adds the tank couldnt see due to a limited ability to see whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    It's all cuz of filthy casuals bro. They somehow got a fake sense of disadvantage with this console command for max camera distance. Like "Oh boy fk this command for max camera distance, cuz of that I can't join top tier mythic guild, and I want to be a rebel and use first person camera and default Blizz UI with no addons herp derp ;(" Yes camera distance is the main issue ppl are stuck in LFR nowadays Kappa
    and they were not wrong - mythic raiders had unfair advantage with bigger field of vision and the moment they lost that advantage they whined like little bitches that they will have to play the same way as those lfr scrubs - this is one of very many things that should be remoed from game toghether with addons like exorsus raid tools, dbm , logs etc etc in order to make game better for majority - but blizzard emplyes seems retard-fixed on catering to 1 % of nolifers - legion will be as shitty as wod if they dont change this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    At least half of the whiners never knew that the camera distance slider is set to minimum by default in the interface options.
    Would you happen to have a source for this claim? Or is this a personal anecdote from an emotional response being represented as objective fact?

It's OK though, i'm an advocate of principal of charity so I assume this was an accident on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    If WoW was designed by player vote, it would have closed down years ago
    There's a major difference between "Listen to everything the player base says" and "Listen to what the player base sense when it makes sense."

This falls far into the making sense category. The limited view basically means melee are staring at boss ankles only. Also, there have been tons of players, and apparently developers too by their own words, effected negatively by the close up view. Why the hell they feel the need to make it a console command instead of just part of the core tool feature is beyond me.

At the end of the day, stop trying to act like Blizzard is always right and the player base is always wrong, because that's just not the case.

Well that was a quick back peddle. It's almost like.....they shouldn't have done it at all. It's not about competitive edge. That's the stupidest thing he could have said. It's about not feeling appreciated because you are zoomed out far enough where you can't see blizzards shiny shit on the ground or whatever. Stuff you probably are t supposed to stand in anyway. I'm betting most players in raid format give more of a shit about mechanics and execution than staring at an ability that could kill them thinking "omg how pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So they caved after all the whining. Got it.
    I love this attitude.

They don't listen to players: WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO US?!!?
    They do listen to players: BLIZZARD ARE WEAK CAVING IN TO WHINERS!?!

Why do so many people feel the need to comment on something that doesn't affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Would you happen to have a source for this claim? Or is this a personal anecdote from an emotional response being represented as objective fact?
    Yeah, I paid a well known company to do a worldwide survey for me, transfer 99$ to my PayPal account and I'll send you the download link.

It's common sense and experience and also most importantly the truth (you know who you are after all!). Actually, it's probably even way more than half of the whiners, but I didn't want to overdramatize unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    So dont play with the camera maxed out then?
    its like dont using garrison because you dont like it. You will be dropper very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I love this attitude.

They don't listen to players: WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN TO US?!!?
    They do listen to players: BLIZZARD ARE WEAK CAVING IN TO WHINERS!?!

Why do so many people feel the need to comment on something that doesn't affect them.
    Its the trend to do. Its like calling mythic raiders as nolifers, and then u realize u been called like this by someone with mmo champion account created 2 years ago and 20k posts. Irony is a bitch.

Hoping we'll get the action-cam back sharpish as well! I think most people will keep using that addon which allows you to zoom out fully either way.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.
    What a stupid reason... You're not forced to do anything, and the max camera has been there for longer than it hasn't. You could always have just stopped playing if it bothered you so much...

The max-camera distance is the new Flying. People drinking Blizzard's kool-aid coming out of the woodworks going "It's ruining my gaming experience and shit!!!!1" even though it simply doesn't.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-05 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    It's camera zoom, how the hell does my zoom affect you?

I get the flying argument, but fucking zoom? I can't even fathom an actual argument for zoom reduction.

Other than "blizz said it, it's better because blizz said it" do you have a valid argument?

WoW already has one of the best cameras in the franchise which is a large reason why it has been so popular by my estimation; it's the most usual complaint I hear from people testing other mmos (this camera control and/or flow ugh) so personally I think this was a pretty ridiculous the-sky-is-falling movement in terms of the performance aspect. However, it is good if they can use it to reduce people's discomfort by playing the game, so in the end it's a useful thing that way.

I fully agree that too close camera lock is really annoying, but even with today's ui slider only I don't feel that is a problem in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is great that they listen to feedback and concerns, and that if they find legitimacy in it that they change their approach to the "problem". People seriously thinking they did tweak it around and revert some of the change because _only whining_ are a wee bit delusional. Imo.

This is not caving to the cry babies (they probably only roll their eyes at these one), this is listening to constructive feedback, realizing there are some valid points that are brought up and that the change even were HARMFUL to some of their players. A serious and responsible developer won't give these players the finger just [because]. No, they would, as Blizz done here, try to find a solution that works for both parts - if this means reverting some of the changes then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    i agree camera shit that has happen is beyond stupid. just fucking put the slider in interface to slide the whole way instead of limiting it, how hard can it be? jesus fuck.

i used the macro but very rarely zoomed out that much, i only really had it cause it triggered me when i hit the cap for screenshots. and did fine in top 300 guilds and making ranks on WoL (rip) so also people crying like the world is going down is laughable
    its not an slider because the game isnt designed for it. how hard is that to understand jesus fuck?

god damnit, tell me a game that you can get more zoom out of the slider???

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

I get the flying argument, but fucking zoom? I can't even fathom an actual argument for zoom reduction.

Other than "blizz said it, it's better because blizz said it" do you have a valid argument?
    Actually, the arguments against flying aren't real either and have been plucked apart numerous times (which is why Blizzard changed their minds).

People just see that "Blizzard said it's bad", and then these turncoats suddenly have spent their entire WoW career being oppressed by optional features and how OTHERS choose to play and enjoy the game...
    I bet you 100 dollars that if Blizzard made a statement tomorrow that they're removing PVP because reasons, you'd have these turncoats come forward with all the ways that PVP ruined their gameplay experience and "it's not the way the game is meant to be played"... despite them playing on PVE servers and never getting a single honorable kill...

They're the sort of people I'd want on my side if I was taking over a country, or starting a war. Easily manipulated sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post

zoom reduction? lol. You were playing out of the game designed zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    I think it is great that they listen to feedback and concerns, and that if they find legitimacy in it that they change their approach to the "problem". People seriously thinking they did tweak it around and revert some of the change because _only whining_ are a wee bit delusional. Imo.

This is not caving to the cry babies (they probably only roll their eyes at these one), this is listening to constructive feedback, realizing there are some valid points that are brought up and that the change even were HARMFUL to some of their players. A serious and responsible developer won't give these players the finger just [because]. No, they would, as Blizz done here, try to find a solution that works for both parts - if this means reverting some of the changes then so be it.
    Exactly.

Contrary to what they "they caved in to whining!!"-people are spouting, Blizzard are far more likely to change their minds based on constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Actually, the arguments against flying aren't real either and have been plucked apart numerous times (which is why Blizzard changed their minds).
    Reasons for no flying.

1.) It trivializes a ton of content.
    2.) Makes the world smaller, but "look" bigger. Fixed by having lots of high level shots to view the world.
    3.) They added a fuck ton of FP's and a boat load of items that helped to simulate flying in short bursts. They also added a Mage Tower, and a other items bound by profession to move across the map quickly.

Reasons for Flying

1.) I want it.
    2.) I have flying mounts.

Yeah, try again. Nothing has been plucked apart, because it's a subjective opinion. Little twats cried for months because they couldn't trivialize content by flying, and Blizz just caved on it.

Now we are getting the same treatment in Legion, but we aren't getting any fucking help to move around the map quickly because they know flying is coming.