10+ Year Old Account

WoW stuck at 27FPS I already tried changing settings and restarted my PC.

Ok so pre patch I was getting 80+ fps according the menu thing when you hover over it. And I finally get around to play WoW(because of finals) and im stuck at 27FPS. It's on ultra. So I reduced it all to LOW. And I do mean ALL settings to low. I hit apply and its 27FPS. So I decided to restart wow.. It jumped up to 29 back down to 27 up to 33 and back down to 28.. I also tried increasing the foreground and background FPS sliders to 200FPS and I still only get 27-29FPS... I also restarted my PC.

Now the game runs just fine. There's no lag, no tear, everything is working perfect but is that number just a glitch? or is that like what the max WoW will take now? Im confused AF.

are you using vsyinc?

Add-ons, of you could have fucked up your config file somehow and capped the FPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    are you using vsyinc?
    Nope. 10char/////////

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Ok so pre patch I was getting 80+ fps according the menu thing when you hover over it. And I finally get around to play WoW(because of finals) and im stuck at 27FPS. It's on ultra. So I reduced it all to LOW. And I do mean ALL settings to low. I hit apply and its 27FPS. So I decided to restart wow.. It jumped up to 29 back down to 27 up to 33 and back down to 28.. I also tried increasing the foreground and background FPS sliders to 200FPS and I still only get 27-29FPS... I also restarted my PC.

Now the game runs just fine. There's no lag, no tear, everything is working perfect but is that number just a glitch? or is that like what the max WoW will take now? Im confused AF.
    Drivers?

Running SLI?

Could be a plethora of reasons, but without a spec sheet and more specific information. I doubt you will find the help you need with this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Nope. 10char/////////
    No outdated addons ? Its usually an addon that could cause you to be locked at a specific framerate.

Are you by any chance set to Supersampling (SSAA) in the Anti Aliasing settings?

Lower draw distance huge fps hog

Yeah my first step would be disable all addons and see what your fps is at from there. If it goes back up start re-enabling addon's one by one until you find what caused it.