Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctee View Post
    No one is getting 110 by the end of August
    Plenty of people will be 110 by the end of August. (assuming the servers aren't DOA for Legion launch)

I pre-purchased, so I'll try a DH until the expansion actually releases, because it's new, then I'l drop it and probably turn it into a bank character once I go back to my main. That's if I don't just ignore it entirely.

DH's will just be like DK's (in terms of popularity), a lot of people like myself have been waiting for DH's since Wotlk or earlier. Expect to see a lot of DH's in bgs and LFR after the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    DH's will just be like DK's (in terms of popularity), a lot of people like myself have been waiting for DH's since Wotlk or earlier. Expect to see a lot of DH's in bgs and LFR after the 30th.
    This.
    Coming back from an almost 2 years hiatus just because of Demon Hunters. I and so many other players used to make a NightElf Hunter Survival with two swords back in the day when we were noobs that knew nothing about reliable specs/weapons/watever just because of the "Hunter" name.

There's also alot of Warlocks who played Demo just for the Metamorphosis who will be playing Demon Hunters, and fellow Rogues who were RPing as Demon Hunters.

I Think DHs will be the new most popular class for at least the end of the first tier.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Couldn't give a rats ass about the stigma. I somewhat endured it as a brewmaster when MoP launched and i'll endure it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    Plenty of people will be 110 by the end of August. (assuming the servers aren't DOA for Legion launch)
    It's possible to level to 110 in just over 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Couldn't give a rats ass about the stigma. I somewhat endured it as a brewmaster when MoP launched and i'll endure it again.
    The popularity of MNK's was no where as bad as DK's (by that I mean more people wanted to play DK's), MNK's were actually a let down compared to DK's. DH's have been one of the most sought after classes in WoW since 2008 if not earlier, hell even the box art for WoW had a NE looking demon hunter fighting a dragon.

I'm glad we don't have alot of people willing to play in my guild DH class.

Only one tank and two dps (including me)

I imagine it will be very similar to DK. I think it will fade more quickly this time however because DH should be more tuned/balanced that DKs were when they were released.

Most people will very quickly drop DH in pre-patch just because if missing talents and therefore missing power. Plus we already have the OP classes for pvp in and DH is not one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    DH's have what it takes to be the most popular class in the game. A strong backstory, ease of use, and the ability to do things no other class can do.

So far only downside to DH is the low skill cap. There won't be that much of a difference between an average demon hunter or a great one. They are designed to be simple and easy to play. That does not always mean rewarding, viability or fun.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    DH's have what it takes to be the most popular class in the game. A strong backstory, ease of use, and the ability to do things no other class can do.
    I'd be lying if I said this didn't annoy me. Giving double jump, glide, spectral sight, mid-air dash (Fel Rush), excellent new animations, and a unique weapon type gives the Demon Hunters an incredibly strong "class fantasy" regardless of how fun/unfun the core rotation may be, but they went all in on DH's without giving any thought to some of the other classes when doing their respective reworks for Legion. So many other classes have opportunities for similar strength of class fantasy, but even had iconic class abilities pruned or altered.

If they had gone through and given each class the same amount of "cool" factor they did to Demon Hunters, I'd imagine the class population would be much more even, but as it stands, DHs are one of the few classes that really feels like its fantasy. I suppose it could have been worse, though...they did say they initially were considering given Demon Hunters the ability to fly with their wings *shudder*

Half the people that will make dh wont keep playing them in legion. I myself will be doing progression raiding on my dh while livestreaming every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    I plan to main DH, so does my friend, after our trial run on the beta.
    Nice information glad i got to know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The DH population at launch is probably going to be a bit overbearing also for the fact that there'll be people who don't even intend on maining DH but will be trying it out anyway (like me...).

10+ Year Old Account
    The rerolls, such as myself. I have found a tank I like in beta... have one big advantage that DKs did not have. We are relesing in 2 days. Meaning even though we will not have our full talents we will still have our basic tool set before the launch. We can at least practice its play style in content we have been doing for the last year. So instead of the roller coster that is having a new class and content, we can do one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    So far only downside to DH is the low skill cap. There won't be that much of a difference between an average demon hunter or a great one. They are designed to be simple and easy to play. That does not always mean rewarding, viability or fun.
    I wish they had a higher skill cap, that would of served as an effective deterrent so only the most dedicated would get the most out of the class, I'm not a big fan of how they've made them accessible to everyone of all skill levels, by doing that they've basically opened the flood gates.

The population of demon hunters will be out of control, my guild is already trying to stem the amount of re-rollers >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    Maybe like the 1% most hardcore will be 110 before the end of august.

Most people will spend way more then 7 hours leveling and enjoying the first time experience.

"plenty" is pretty hard to define. But it started out with saying that "when people get to 110 by mid/end august". People meaning the general population. I think its safe to assume thats not the case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I wish they had a higher skill cap, that would of served as an effective deterrent so only the most dedicated would get the most out of the class, I'm not a big fan of how they've made them accessible to everyone of all skill levels, by doing that they've basically opened the flood gates.

The population of demon hunters will be out of control, my guild is already trying to stem the amount of re-rollers >_<
    The problem here being that noone with even an ounce of self respect can play them for a full expansion.

People are gonna be talking like "yo man you used to main sub rogue in WoD, wtf happened?"

Ehh well... yeah you see.... pressing one generator and one spender is just enough for me now. Plus i have two cd's you know. So yeah its all good

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The problem here being that noone with even an ounce of self respect can play them for a full expansion.

People are gonna be talking like "yo man you used to main sub rogue in WoD, wtf happened?"

Ehh well... yeah you see.... pressing one generator and one spender is just enough for me now. Plus i have two cd's you know. So yeah its all good
    You underestimate the average WoW player, they'll always choose the path of least resistance, you'll probably be surprised how many will stick to DH because of how incredibly easy the class is to play. I'm sure as you said players with self respect will switch back but they'll still be a crapload who stick to the class because they want an easy ride.