Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this argument always makes me chuckle, the game is about two warring factions "world pvp" as everyone calls it is really what that game was based on. TWO WARRING FACTIONS

"Outdated" is just like "clunky" - a word that people use when they're whining without being able to substantiate it.

I love how people act victimized as if they didn't choose to create toons on a pvp realm.

I have characters on VeCo and Emerald Dream, it's world pvp all day every day. But if you can't handle it, why start a character on a pvp realm and then act like blizzard owes you a free transfer?

Its because its an old concept and cant really be applied anymore cause the game is different and totally unbalanced.

There was a difference a fresh 60, ganking a 59, the stats were almost identical, or even a level 52, the different wasnt massive..it was impossible for a fresh 60 to kill two level 50s no matter "how good he is".

Now the stat difference between levels and mostly health has been massive since Cataclysm , making world PvP completely obsolete.

What exactly is fun, when a level 100, kills a level 61 in Hellfire? (Where most of world PvP happens, now days), i never understood really or hell, a level 100 vs a 91? Its simply retarded and anyone doing it must have a loose screw.

Despite that, i am still on a PvP realm, but i never gank anyone and when i get ganked i shrug it off, its 2016, i dont have time for this pathetic stuff, i want to finish what i logged on to do and do other stuff afterwards.

When it was 2005 and i was 18 it was fun going 2-3 vs 10-20 cause i was overgearing them in Naxx/AQ 40 gear, now days? Please, just let me do that 10/10 boars and log off, got better things to do.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-08-06 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know people tend to go to PvP realms that have no world PvP and they are suddenly surprised that the realms are being balanced and actually have PvP at one point.

Yes, even blizzard cannot defend players from their own stupidity. My realm is one of the few ones that are actually close to 50/50 and i honestly enjoy it. The more they balance these realms the better the player experience is. I can understand going to a 10/90 realm and suddenly feeling no choice but to move. This appears to be fixed.

If you are complaining that there is any PvP at all, take your hand form it into a fist and punch yourself in the face. Since that's about all you deserve at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    A good number of them, apparently. Considering how many of them have high population counts in comparison to PvP realms. You point is moot, the decline of PvP realms vastly eclipses that of PvE realm.
    Numbers. I want flat numbers. You're making the assumption that only PVP realms are on the decline or that they are draining like an open wound and you have no numbers. Then when I give you a list of high population PVP realms you say there are more PVE realms with high pop failing to remember that there were always more people on PVE realms to begin with. it was always around 60/40 in North America for PVE to PVP realms. This hasn't really changed.

Are we just talking about people online or actual people who do shit in the game beyond sitting in Goldshire talking about how they are half vampire and half fairy and live off of unicorn's blood 5 hours a day?
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-06 at 02:08 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Does anyone actually like to be ganked? I dont think so...
    It more like people just trying to get over it fast.
    Also, many people are "trapped" on pvp server, they cant move due to high transfer cost. Many ended on pvp realm just from desire to play with friends before cross-realm grouping thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be interesting to see how would pvp realms manage hypothetical free realm transfers.
    Wildstar and Swtor had massive exodus from pvp to pve servers when it gone free/very cheap. That actually showed what players think of pvp servers if they can choose with no money barrier.
    If you think the realm transfer cost is high, your priorities might be out of line. If you can't afford $25, it might be time to shut off the computer and work on getting a better career lined up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    If you think the realm transfer cost is high, your priorities might be out of line. If you can't afford $25, it might be time to shut off the computer and work on getting a better career lined up.
    How much i believe that idiot behavior should be punished, i do believe that paid transfers is about one of the few things that is outdated. A free transfer should be available every so often. Especially for returning players. I'm speaking mostly of those coming back to a realm that is highly imbalanced faction wise.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    What exactly is fun, when a level 100, kills a level 61 in Hellfire? (Where most of world PvP happens, now days), i never understood really or hell, a level 100 vs a 91? Its simply retarded and anyone doing it must have a loose screw.

When it was 2005 and i was 18 it was fun going 2-3 vs 10-20 cause i was overgearing them in Naxx/AQ 40 gear, now days? Please, just let me do that 10/10 boars and log off, got better things to do.
    You clearly don't play on a wpvp focused realm. Hellfire? Really? On my servers (ED/VeCo), wpvp means groups of lvl 100 toons dropping into Stormwind or Orgrimmar and holding a spot while the opposite faction tries to wipe them out. We have battles that include over 100 lvl 100 players. We've had battles too big for the server to handle leading to server crashes (which is unfortunate, but it happens from time to time). WPVP isn't a lvl 100 ganking lvl 58 toons in Hellfire. Hellfire is more or less a dead zone.

I like that you complain about unfair wpvp due to todays stat differences then say you enjoyed pvp back when you massively outgeared other players.

I am considering leaving wow even tho Legion is the game i look the most forward to out of anything. I am in a guild of friends. We are going to raid. They are playing on a pvp realm. I am sick and tired of ganking. Its happening EVERY day when i try to do usual world stuff. Just wait til legion gets out and world quests and that shit starts. Will be unbearable. Will be able to do 2 world quests in the same time as 10 on a non pvp realm.

Staying on another server is not an option either. Not being able to be in the guild is just not an option.

My only hope for now is making a second legion account. Get a char to 110 on a pve realm and then invite and use realm hopping that way. Will suck donkey balls.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Numbers. I want flat numbers.
    Then you get them, the burden of proof is on you for wanting to disprove me. I've already demonstrated that there are many more high-population PvE realms than there are PvP realms. If you want further proof to try and dispute your point, you need to find it yourself.

You're making the assumption that only PVP realms are on the decline or that they are draining like an open wound and you have no numbers. Then when I give you a list of high population PVP realms you say there are more PVE realms with high pop failing to remember that there were always more people on PVE realms to begin with. it was always around 60/40 in North America for PVE to PVP realms. This hasn't really changed.
    I made an observation, not an assumption. Simply looking at the realm list, at any given time, there are both more PvE realms as well as more high-population PvE realms. It is simply a fact, not an assumption. That is how it is.

Are we just talking about people online or actual people who do shit in the game beyond sitting in Goldshire talking about how they are half vampire and half fairy and live off of unicorn's blood 5 hours a day?
    It doesn't matter who does what on what realms. You are derailing the topic because you have no point to your argument.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Ok, Ticho and ED are pretty close, but even then crossrealm also resolves this. I murder people from Illidan on the daily while out in the world and I play on Sargeras.

It's not that I think you're "wrong" for not wanting to deal with PVP. I just find it terribly boring to be in a world with no danger.
    I actually really love this merger. Granted I only gank solo so tanks usually get the better of me, the influx of bads from Sargeras makes Tanaan enjoyable for once.

You do know $25 dollars moves ONE toon with a max of 50k gold right?
    If on a a server for years one probably has more than ONE toon and more than 50k gold.
    Moving muliple toons and that price inflates rather quickly.
    Starting to see the problem?

P.s.
    Oh I also forgot you could d and pay all that and then be forced to change your toons name(s) too.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-08-06 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    How much i believe that idiot behavior should be punished, i do believe that paid transfers is about one of the few things that is outdated. A free transfer should be available every so often. Especially for returning players. I'm speaking mostly of those coming back to a realm that is highly imbalanced faction wise.
    You get a free faction/server exchange with the scroll of resurrection... if that's a thing any more.

You clearly don't play on a wpvp focused realm. Hellfire? Really? On my servers (ED/VeCo), wpvp means groups of lvl 100 toons dropping into Stormwind or Orgrimmar and holding a spot while the opposite faction tries to wipe them out. We have battles that include over 100 lvl 100 players. We've had battles too big for the server to handle leading to server crashes (which is unfortunate, but it happens from time to time). WPVP isn't a lvl 100 ganking lvl 58 toons in Hellfire. Hellfire is more or less a dead zone.

I like that you complain about unfair wpvp due to todays stat differences then say you enjoyed pvp back when you massively outgeared other players.
    I never said i liked it, it was fun for a few minutes then pointless when my 1 whirlwind would kill anyone in range cause of outgearing them that hard.

I found it pointless then, i find it pointless now, i havent done World PvP since TBC, but i fought back in TBC, now i simply dont care, most of the times when i dont fight back i am left alone, other times they just kill me.

And standing in a spot and get wiped out slowly by ranged, WHAT AMAZING PVP.

Give me a break, anyone defending world PvP really needs to find something better to do.

When they implement things that matter in world PvP, and not running back like a retard to a resurrection timer (Outdated concepts from 2005) then maybe i can see it with a different eye.

Just because you organize some pointless zerging and call it world PvP, doesnt change what they game really is and whats happening most of the time.

Its max level players ganking lowbies.

Its no one touches anyone until they outnumber them. (Really fun to see, how you exist in the same area with someone for over 30mins, and suddenly he remembers to gank you when there are 5 others around).

Its <insert class here> ganking you when you in low health.

All outdated concepts from a forgotten period of MMOs.

As i had said to many players before, wanna show your skill? Get the non-FOTM class of the month and reach 2.5k+ arena rating, killing lowbies and ganking people 10v1 isnt PvP, its a waste of time.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-08-06 at 02:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will forever be unable to understand the mindset of someone that rolls on a PVP server that then complains about PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you get them, the burden of proof is on you for wanting to disprove me. I've already demonstrated that there are many more high-population PvE realms than there are PvP realms. If you want further proof to try and dispute your point, you need to find it yourself.

I made an observation, not an assumption. Simply looking at the realm list, at any given time, there are both more PvE realms as well as more high-population PvE realms. It is simply a fact, not an assumption. That is how it is.

It doesn't matter who does what on what realms. You are derailing the topic because you have no point to your argument.
    The burden of proof, ma'am. You are saying that specifically PVP servers are bleeding like a stuck pig and I'm claiming that Warcraft in general is on the decline. I'd say that the facts support my claim as admitted by Blizzard, but you don't have numbers to support this PVP--->PVE exodus that you claim in NA. The population from the start was higher on PVE realms. As I stated before most census had it listed around 60/40 going back as far as Vanilla IIRC. You're acting like 40% of the population is some tiny minority of players who don't matter. You looked at your realm list this morning at 5:30 I just double checked and there are only 3 full PVE servers right now. Let's take a look at the server list come release and compare at that point. I'll concede that you guys are more willing to sit online and do nothing in an inn at 5 am during a content gap. You win that one I suppose.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-06 at 02:41 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

People are omega butthurt about this, holy shit.

I never understood why you'd be mad about pvp on a pvp realm. If you die/get camped... log out and play a different toon if you can't take the heat, lmao. If you can't play pvp ruleset, why play pvp servers?

Oh well. I'm sure these will be the same people complaining in 2 months when they get ganked doing the warden's tower wquests.

10+ Year Old Account

Nowhere is it written in the laws of the universe that all realms must decline equal otherwise it's caused by people leaving PvP realms due to PvP.
    So regardless of how much you want this to be true you cannot proof it is due to that.

I do believe a lot of people joined PvP realms when they knew the chances of there being world PvP were slim to none due to balance issues. To put i blunty if these realms end up less populated it's merely the game balancing itself and if it means server merges or cross realms all the better to have a good PvP population and balanced realms then these carebear 90/10 realms.

Carebears crying about world PVP more at 11....

WTB a once a year purge where I can get on their realms and kill them where they think they are safe.

There we go, calling someone a carebear and adding nothing to the conversation but being edgy.

Im so glad I left my PvP realm, World PvP has been nothing but an excuse to gank low levels.