Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    Or a shopkeeper, merchant, farmer, wagon driver, etc :P
    Highly unlikely. Demon hunter trainees would have had to have significant experience before hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    could someone write a bio for male be dh ?

I'm currently laboring on the background for my in-game Demonhunter, and I kind of wanted to write it down somewhere anyways. I wanted to wait till after I know the exact timeline of the events, but after this thread I think i have a fairly good Idea.

As far as I unterstand it, the player Demonhunters are only set fix in their history as "Have been Illidari demonhunters in training when the Black temple was raided" as this is the starting Point for their ingame starting area. If i get it correctly they also are imprisoned from that point in time to basically Post- Broken Shore Azeroth. So they also have to have missed the events of Wrath of the Lich King, Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor since they were imprisioned during this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Normally I'm all for the average Joe background, but the Illidari did not pick average Joes for DH training.

only 1 in every 5 elves lives to become a DH, that's the same 75%-80% Drop out rate that they Navy Seals have.
    Wasn't the Illidan book main character just a random hunter, as in kill a deer to feed my family hunter not WoW PC Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Highly unlikely. Demon hunter trainees would have had to have significant experience before hand.
    Or just determination to survive the kill the demon eat it kill it again eat it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    I'm currently laboring on the background for my in-game Demonhunter, and I kind of wanted to write it down somewhere anyways. I wanted to wait till after I know the exact timeline of the events, but after this thread I think i have a fairly good Idea.

As far as I unterstand it, the player Demonhunters are only set fix in their history as "Have been Illidari demonhunters in training when the Black temple was raided" as this is the starting Point for their ingame starting area. If i get it correctly they also are imprisoned from that point in time to basically Post- Broken Shore Azeroth. So they also have to have missed the events of Wrath of the Lich King, Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor since they were imprisioned during this time.
    Pretty much,

Using http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(U..._Visual_Guide) for reference as well as the Magni short story...

talked about in this thread a not too long ago.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post41158322

20. The Third War.
    21. The Battle of Mount Hyjal On Kalimdor.
    22. Rise of the Lich King.
    25. WoW Vanilla.
    26. The Burning Crusade.
    27. The Wrath of the Lich King.
    28. The Cataclysm.
    30. The Invasion of Pandaria.
    31. The Warlords of Draenor invasion.

32. The Incoming Legion Invasion.

Made the Frozen/imprisoned/whatever years blue. So pretty much as a Bloodelf DH you wouldn't know anything from the timeline going forward from Black Temple till now. I mean that goes for Night elf Illidari too, though from my understanding not all Night elf Demonhunters were captured at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Wasn't the Illidan book main character just a random hunter, as in kill a deer to feed my family hunter not WoW PC Hunter.
    He was also a Nightelf who encounter Illidan before the Illidari were formed, my statement was about the Bloodelf Demonhunters which were recruited from the Illidari military.

As I said above, you have much more flexibility with a NE DH than a BE.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-08-04 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    He was also a Nightelf who encounter Illidan before the Illidari were formed, my statement was about the Bloodelf Demonhunters which were recruited from the Illidari military.

Yeah that's fair. But I think Illidan would allow anyone to try to eat a demon heart if s/he wants to try it. Even a Belf farmer might survive it.

A lot of civilian Blood Elves were in Outland at the right time to join the Illidari. When you go through the Dark Portal in TBC for the first time, you find Blood Elves chasing tales sent home by Kael's forces of a magic-infused promised land through Hellfire Peninsula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    A lot of civilian Blood Elves were in Outland at the right time to join the Illidari. When you go through the Dark Portal in TBC for the first time, you find Blood Elves chasing tales sent home by Kael's forces of a magic-infused promised land through Hellfire Peninsula.
    Right, but those civilians most are going to Netherstorm to join the Sunfury, not Shadwmoon.

Right I guess in theory... you could have been a Bloodelf Basket weaver who decided to not go to Netherstorm and instead went to Shadowmoon. However I always got the feeling DH were chosen not volunteers.

That could just be my Head canon, it just makes more sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Right, but those civilians most are going to Netherstorm to join the Sunfury, not Shadwmoon.

Right I guess in theory... you could have been a Bloodelf Basket weaver who decided to not go to Netherstorm and instead went to Shadowmoon. However I always got the feeling DH were chosen not volunteers.

That could just be my Head canon, it just makes more sense to me.
    The Blood Elves in HFP definitely seem to be disillusioned with Kael. They're allies of the Horde and don't seem to be there to sign on again with him. I doubt many either way left to join Kael/Illidan but it's definitely a possibility. Some DHs are definitely 'volunteers' in that Illidan didn't pick them out from already existing forces - like nearly all the night elves. Let's not forget that there are many, many more Blood Elf Illidari than Night Elves - there are probably similar numbers that sought Illidan out.

i'd say most of the demon hunters were warriors and spellbreakers.

remember, you don't need any magical training in arcane to harness fel magic.

Quote Originally Posted by AvCloudy View Post
    The Blood Elves in HFP definitely seem to be disillusioned with Kael. They're allies of the Horde and don't seem to be there to sign on again with him. I doubt many either way left to join Kael/Illidan but it's definitely a possibility. Some DHs are definitely 'volunteers' in that Illidan didn't pick them out from already existing forces - like nearly all the night elves. Let's not forget that there are many, many more Blood Elf Illidari than Night Elves - there are probably similar numbers that sought Illidan out.
    As I understand it, the Blood Elves still think Kael'thas is good until they get to Terokkar Forest and find out that he's evil from either the Scryers in Shattrath, or the Horde in Stonebreaker Hold that Kael'thas is trying to blow them up with a mana bomb.

They might experience some rumors in Stonebreaker Hold and not believe them until they get to Shattrath and hear it all from the Scryers.

If we're going by a logical route for a Blood Elf, they'd get to Thrallmar, meet the Blood Elves there who tell them about Falcon Watch, and the Blood Elf would set out for that as soon as possible, as they're there to reunite with Kael'thas. People are sent to Fallen Sky Ridge by the Cenarion Circle, who the Blood Elves wouldn't want anything to do with, as they're druids and such. And thus, they wouldn't find out that Kael'thas, or at least Pathaleon the Calculator, is evil from that.

So from a lore perspective, a Blood Elf would do Quel'thalas 1-20, see Sylvanas, see Thrall, join the Horde, help the Horde out in questing zones until the Dark Portal opens, then go through immediately as soon as possible to join their prince. They'd get to Thrallmar, see the Blood Elf guy guiding pilgrims, follow his directions to Falcon Watch, help the pilgrims there as per the Farstriders orders, then move on to Terokkar where they'll encounter his elves at Firewing Point.

Some Blood Elves might see them and just join them no questions asked, because they serve Kael'thas. Others might be a little freaked out or confused, and just try to stay out of it and continue on their way. I doubt a Blood Elf would immediately believe Kael'thas was bad, at least enough that they'd join the Alliance and Horde in attacking Firewing Point. They'd probably then go to Shattrath, where they'd meet the Scryers and hear it all from them, who they might see as more credible than the orcs, trolls, etc at Stonebreaker Hold.

Then they'd have a choice to either side with the Scryers against Kael'thas, who they now know works with the Legion, or to join their prince, thinking he still has the best interests of their people at heart.

That's my headcanon for how the typical blood elf would approach the situation, anyway.

And I don't believe there were any civilians among Kael'thas' group. Remember, it was made up of the strongest 15% of the surviving population after the Scourge, so I can't see there being many maids and such. The Blood Elf demon hunters Illidan trained were sent personally by Kael'thas, so the handpicked chosen few who Kael'thas deemed skilled enough to learn. Once Illidan successfully trained a few, then Kael'thas probably sent more, or any Blood Elves who were there already working for Illidan sent by Kael'thas might have decided to give it a try.

I imagine all Blood Elf demon hunters had to have previously been elite fighters already. Farstriders specializing in hand-to-hand combat, Spellbreakers, rogues, war-magi perhaps (since Illidan was just a mage himself before becoming one). I doubt Illidan would waste his time on Joe Schmoe the Simple Blood Elf Who Takes Out the Garbage.

Someone with no previous melee fighting training could become a demon hunter, but not in the timeframe allowed in the 5 years between TFT and BC when they were imprisoned in the Vault of the Wardens, considering it likely took much longer than 5 years for rangers and spellbreakers to master their own fighting styles.

And it's not just the fighting techniques they have to learn. There's also the tremendous mental and physical discipline, which I don't see the Head Chef of Tempest Keep overcoming any time soon.

So, unlikely for random joe schmoe Blood Elf with no fighting experience among Kael'thas' group (like a cook) to have been able to master demon hunter training and discipline in just 5 years, impossible for random joe schmoe Blood Elf with no fighting experience from Azeroth to have done it in only two months (the amount of time it took between the Horde and Alliance getting through the Dark Portal and the Black Temple falling to the Sha'tar), and unlikely for a Blood Elf even with fighting experience from Azeroth, for the same reason.

They could potentially have been training in the time since BC to now, which would make it much more doable, but not if they're among the demon hunters in their intro quests.

So it can be done for someone's RP bio, like some have their Death Knights break free from the Lich King when Arthas was killed at the end of WotLK and join the Ebon Blade in Cataclysm rather than break free with them at the beginning of WotLK.

Something similar could be done for a demon hunter RPer. Just please don't have them have been just another guy on the street one day, then be a master demon hunter only a year later. That is dumb. Like Yrel going from slave to god-mod super-paladin leader of the Draenei in such a short time.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-08-04 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did KT send blood elves for DH traning before or after leaning toward the legion service himself ? did they know of his corruption ? would they stand against him ?
    Last edited by Proskill; 2016-08-06 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    did KT send blood elves for DH traning before or after leaning toward the legion service himself ? did they know of his corruption ? would they stand against him ?
    We don't know exactly when Kael'thas turned to the Legion, but we know he must have sent the 5 Elves to Illidan 2 or 3 years before BC.

Probably not, so they seemed to become more loyal to Illidan than Kael'thas, and probably would have stood against him.